[Suggestion] ASP - ability to buy 1 weapon from the enemies faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Apr 8, 2018.

1. typnct

i thought about what could be cool to use - the enemies weapons against them :D
    and would really love this option to be in the ASP.

rules:
    *only one weapon can be purchased from the enemy - carbines,assault rifles,rocket launchers,smg's etc...
    *enemy weapon price would be double from its original faction
    *scopes would remain your own faction specific
    *no vehicle weapons
    *every weapon goes beside max weapons

this would mix up the play style for the vet players and wouldnt harm too much the balance as much as other ASP to the balance as it would be rare to encounter them anyway.
    • Up x 7
  2. Prudentia

Yes please, i don't wanna switch to my NC to use the promise, i wanna use it instead of the Pulsar
  3. Campagne

The hard part would be choosing just one.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gustavo M

You don't really "need" anything else other than the Jackhammer.
  5. DIGGSAN0

Are you kidding?

My obvious choice would be the inquisitor. i would rek people all day long! :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

Heh, that's a good one. :p Waste an ASP point on the worst primary shotgun, limited to only one class. Haha!

But what about the Striker!? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

If anything, it should probably only include the default starter weapons even ignoring the points where the defaults overlap.

If you want to be really devious, make it a pseudorandomized selection. Go on. Spend your ASP point on a Beamer.
  8. typnct

Id really like that asp because i have some favorite weapons on other factions that id really like to use and it would spice up the play style for the vets to make it more interesting (br 95 almost there)
  9. Liewec123

my thought exactly :p
    as much as i love my lancer on my VS i love having striker even more!
    • Up x 1
  10. Prudentia

striker might actually take prevalence over the promise due to poor usefulness even tho the promise is just so much fun to use.
  11. raffa2

Why not just implement gear looting from corpses?
  12. adamts01

If I were NC or VS, it would be the Striker, hands ******* down. On TR, I'd take the Lasher in a heartbeat. This would be an awesome perk.
    • Up x 1
  13. typnct

its a complex mechanic
  14. Luicanus

Vanu power knife here I come.
    Or Maybe Phoenix
    Or Lasher X2
  15. chamks

phoenix obviously
    • Up x 1
  16. MuggieWara

NO!Some of us care about faction identity and differentiation.

I dont ever want to see a fellow TR soldier being reduced to a disco ball shooting clown.
    • Up x 4
  17. Pelojian

wouldn't it be pretty funny though, run around in TR dark grey camo with lasher or pulsar etc in a 3 way fight and troll the hell out of VS fooling them with your tracers so they think you are VS?
    • Up x 1
  18. typnct

thats the idea!
  19. Luicanus

I think it would only be viable if the tracers were altered to indicate the correct faction, some things like Lasher might be hard enough to tell that it wouldn't hep the VS but most could be made fairly distinctive.
  20. DIGGSAN0

Let's say no Heavy ES special weapons (Jackhammer, Minigun, Jackhammer) and no rocketlauncher same as anti infantry Mines... Because of the obvious fact that people would not be able to diverse them....

Then it would be truly amazing.