LC2 Lynx

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Tovarisch Maxim, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Tovarisch Maxim

Is this weapon is worth grinding?

I'm still kinda new to the game, but I already have the needed gear upgraded for my assault.

I just want to ask things about this gun.

First off, I know It's a close-medium range gun, but I just want to know the more detailed description of that gun, If It's worth buying.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Yes. It is a fantastic carabine, with far more effective range than you'd think looking at the stats. It's brutal CQC and remains quite accurate with sustained bursts, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Iridar51

It's really the "your mileage may vary" kind of weapon, same as all 125 damage primaries. Some love it. I personally never was able to make it work. Often feels like it's too weak.

You can read more about it here: http://iridar.net/planetside2/weapons/carbines/#LC2_Lynx

Just keep in mind that in my experience it's stronger on paper than in actual gameplay.
    • Up x 2
  4. AeroS

Lynx is a medicore weapon, long time ago as a 143dmg tier it was a beast.
    Today with the 125 dmg model and the Nanoarmor Change it's still ok, but personally i'd say Jaguar > Lynx

But you can try by yourselfe, be changing ADS and Grip you can adapt to any playstyle/situation.
    Its a good carbine
  5. Eternaloptimist

Lynx is a good bullet hose at close range with surprisingly long burst fire range but I went back to the Jaguar after a while on the grounds that 750 rpm was enough and it is just as effective (or maybe a little more).
  6. Dualice

I'm in this camp also.

If you enjoy the "low damage model very high RoF" thing then you'll love the Lynx. It was one of my favourite weapons to auraxium.

As Iridar's guide says the Lynx has surprisingly controllable horizontal recoil, and I recall achieving a higher headshot rating with it than most other carbines I've used.

90% of the time I went ADS with the forward grip, though the laser occasionally came in handy.

I'd highly recommend giving it a try, though as others have said you may find the Jaguar a more diverse weapon :)
  7. Tovarisch Maxim

Sorry for offtopic, but I played my VS character as light assault. I cant seem to find any carabine that able to install and grenade launcher underbarrel to it, It's dissapointing because I wanted to build Maximum offensive with lots of explosives light assault class.
  8. Iridar51

Solstice SF.
  9. Tovarisch Maxim

Thanks for letting me know I will see if it will fit what I want for my light assault
  10. Prudentia

very pleasent weapon to use. not the highest rate of fire but very low recoil and decent accuracy