Scrumping common pool vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptCran, Dec 15, 2017.

1. CaptCran

I believe it should be possible for a infiltrator to hot wire common pool vehicles. If the weapon is common pool you will be able to use it. If it is a faction specific weapon, the infiltrator will only be able to drive it. Extra experience will be rewarded if the vehicle is destroyed by team kill. Just a test run for when DBGs implements vehicle hacking.
    • Up x 1
  2. LordKrelas

That'd be nice - the inability to fire ES weapon makes it interesting, given that could be good or bad based on the situation.
    As long as the vehicle isn't a deployed Sundy - as that would be a bastard.

If the vehicle destroyed by friendly-fire, is this from the infil's allies or the former owner of the vehicle's allies?
    If so, does that mean an infil could use an enemy vehicle with enemy IFF, and roadkills would be a penalty on the original owner?
    This is a question, not an assumption - I am curious on further details of this.

3. CaptCran

Infiltrators allies destroy the vehicle. Or if you run it off a mountain, or a bridge. Road kill penalty on original owner would be badass. Really I wish the would re implement from PS1 the ability to deconstruct your vehicle if you're done with it. I always ran around with my hacking tool in search of deployed sundies. Hack that sh_t, deconstruct it, then disappear.
  4. Prudentia

deconstructing used to be a thing for about 1 year after launch
  5. freeAmerish

This video was made by a developer once.
  6. LordKrelas

Hmm, then it's a bit practical.
    The "roadkill on orginal owner" however would basically allow a weapons-lock to be done on an enemy for something they can't control - which would be hell.

If the deconstruct was back, Pilots, or enemy vehicles in screwed villa, would deconstruct before death.
    Or run around a corner, deconstruct, and respawn.