The Must-Nerfs...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cabbage1256, Nov 22, 2017.

1. cabbage1256

okay so years ago when i started playing it was simple class specifics. you had the HA a tank but slow and heavy hitting, you had the light agile fast shooting LA, then there was the Medic and its life saver abilities, and engies with their reps and anti vehicle capabilities, and then theres the infis with their long range bolt/auto snipers and covert tactics.
    these were simple classes for specific playstyles. now its been butchered. any class can carry carapace and assimilate and tank jsut as bad as the original HA while the current HA has garbage weps with pitiful TTK across the board, and a shield that no longer shields even the softest of hits. an infi can OHK me at any distance and win overshield or not. hell a medic can beat me on healing abilities. and all because the kiddies cried wolf and got the most used class nerfed months back. then they left.

seriously this game was lit a year ago before that nerf now its just sad. noone likes a cqc against infis and engies. sorry not sorry, it shouldnt even be viable. unless i hike out my credit card and buy a metric ****ton of implants till i get those golden implants im stuck hating the QoL ingame. i went from an average 2.5-3 kd down to a 1.9 max average because every playstyle is nothing like it used to be. oh and all those certs spent on the previously mained classes? nerfed. gone. or worse given to the other classes in the form of implants.

whats the point in having HA ingame currently? most AT is engie or fairy LA so theres that gone. and most people i see now who do bio farms are infi, LA, and MAX. theres gotta be a roll back

#makeplanetsidegreatagainLOL
  2. Corezer

... what's wrong with you?
    • Up x 10
  3. No0T

This luny is saying in his second sentence that HA are crappy lol... is by far the most INDISPUTABLE OP class and we have one guy that apparently played long and missed this little detail... So no need to keep reading this garbage.
  4. cabbage1256

the fact that youve been here since 2014 and still dont see that HA has become obsolete means you eitherrarely play that class or jsut haven played that long. taking a look at your profile with 76DAYs gametime as infi, one of the troublesome classes, as opposed to 31 HOURS as HAmy would state that youre in fact extremely salty at someone proposing buffing your source of certs/kills. but hey i main HA so maybe take it from me...
  5. cabbage1256

6. cabbage1256

i got tired of being farmed by the previously stated classes. even after years of even 1v1 battles prior to the nerf.
  7. CMDante

The ******** frustrating hierarchy in terms of least annoying to most annoying to fight goes like this;

Engineer > Medic > LA > Infil > HA.

**** HA and Infil mains, far as I'm concerned.
  8. Moz

I can run no implants at all and still compete just fine. You certainly dont need most of the rare ones at all.

There are two rares that are useful, Counter Intelligence and the new Squad spawn on vehicle one (cant remember the name). All the other are just gimmicks.

While i agree infantry / vehicle balance is worse than it has ever been right now (well maybe not EVER but in recent times), you ain't loosing fights due to lack of Implants.

Also, HA is verging on OP bud.

If there really IS a "must nerf" at the moment its the ******* Banshee! hahahaha
  9. cabbage1256

id tend to agree but before things got ****ered you could find ways to troll each indivual class. like infis and vehicle terminals my god. or engies and out of range av turrets. mostly heavies get/got farmed by esf with pods..good days really
  10. cabbage1256

yes. banshee is godless lmfao. though i feel like everyone who says HA is OP always mains somthing else...maybe the whole grass is greener thing? same would go for me but ive mained everything except MAX and engie...
    • Up x 2
  11. Moz

I play quite a bit of HA, it is by far the most powerful infantry class.

You have more HP then anyone else.... Its really that simple. Theoretically, if you both have the same gun, start firing at the same time and score the same hits the heavy wins over 95% of other infantry classes due to this simple fact. Add to this that the HA then carries an LMG (some of the hardest hitting and most prolonged guns in the game) this is why it is seen as "OP".

Im not so sure that OP is the correct term (why i said verging on), they are tough sure but they are not indestructible. You can kill them as long as you 1. Get a good drop on them or 2. Team bang the ******! 3. Use some sort of opener like and EMP or Funjin to level the field of play.

This is a team game at the end of the day, it is not and SHOULD NEVER be balanced around 1 v 1 infantry engagements IMO. There are plenty of wanky lobby shooters out there you can scratch that itch.

I mean we nerf the HA to much and it reduces the anti vehicle / air capability (see the complete **** up we have with the rocket launchers at the moment).

I personally feel HA is in about the right spot right now.... Apart from the Rocket Launcher changes which Im sure the devs will see just how 100% wrong it is an revert / change.5
    • Up x 2
  12. cabbage1256

ill address the first statement. simply put this is incorrect. if you add the benefit of transferred shield to hp from carapace and/or assimilates 120+ shield on headshots any class minus the medic now has a minimum of 1200-1400hp where the medic gets more hp if using restore kits and nanogen. where as max hp for HA with max resist+nanweave is somthing like 1500hp? so thats puts roughly every class on par with a tank? not to mention the current TTK on HA weps are the lowest of all except some NS weps...then you look back at prior nerf and you had an average of 700-800hp boost over all other classes and nanoweave stacked for everyone and covered OHK headshots. making weapons like the RAM 50 or railjack truly necessary weapons at the time.

in short, 800total hp boost reduced from 800 down the 300 effectively, TTK reduced from previous weapons on average of 1.7 down to .50 and down. simply making the HA an obsolete class for its effective uses as any other class can now statistically outperform them in any role...http://ps2.fisu.pw stats dont lie...
  13. Moz

OK fixed my original post to incorporate your VERY niche example that a LARGE % of players do not have the option to use. Rather than every other infantry class its now 95% of other infantry classes.

You are SO VERY WRONG if you think HA is "obsolete" it is by far the strongest Infantry class.

You need to take things a lot more on the whole (not one niche situation you dreamed up as a counter), rather than cherry picking one point and focusing on that.

Also, with NMG or AS the heavy get 500 HP 500 Shield and 440 HP from over shield that 1440. Resto kits DO NOT give you more HP they HEAL you Assimilate doesn't give you more HP the heals you neither of these add to base HP (both of which can also be used by the HA) You cant really talk about healing item when talking about base HP that's just silly! When HA had that massive boost over other classes they were COMPLTELEY AND TOTALLY overpowered anyways. The shield nerfs were LONG overdue!

Only really valid argument i have heard on this is that yes you are correct other classes can get close, and the HA needs to press a button to enable some of that HP. Is that right?
  14. cabbage1256

i once again find that you even have 45 days a infi vs the 14 days as a HA but see i can take your opinion better then the rest as you have PLAYED HA atleast abit. that being said its far from your main...when infis become predominant killers in cqb's, with bolt actions mind you, theres a problem. I also see far more vehicle kills for engies in terms of stats then most other classes...but ill respect your opinion and to that ill state, to each their own seeing how you provided legitimate argument untill that last bit...
  15. Moz

I used to main HA before the whole directive things came about..... Then as i got better at the game i decided that the HA was to easy TBH (at that time there was a considerably bigger gap between HA and other classes) and made the switch to Infil main. :)

I now have all Aurax weapons on my Infil and have Auraxed them (except the wanky Guardian) so am going back more to HA / LA. HA now feels a lot more balanced than it used to IMO. Just need my Saw-S finnished for my GODSAW! Muhahahaha

I tried to take a look at your play time also.... Couldn't find a Cabbage1256... Only a Cabbage125. Is that you? I think you need to realise that you can learn just as much about a class by fighting AGAINST them as you can by playing them.

Last point was more of a talking point than a statement. Edited again to make that more clear (question marks are good Moz).....
  16. HAXTIME

I believe there is a fundamental misunderstanding of class roles here. I'd like to dispute your post point-by-point. Long story short, Heavy Assault is a glorified cannon fodder combined with immense destructive capabilities. No shortage in any area, they are good.

Heavy Assault too can equip Carapace, and combined with Resist Shield and Restoration Kits it can soak up hilarious amounts of damage. Most HA weapons are especially geared for cramming yourself into a single room jammed full of 48-96 enemies, but you still have fast and/or reliable choices for more generic gameplay. HA has a solid choice of weapons.

This is ultimately a good thing, IMO, but can still be countered by Resist Shield. Having Resist Shield on at full HP will make you survive a bolt-action headshot.

Medics are similar to HA in the aspect that they both perform good in face-to-face combat. HA shouldn't be inherently stronger here, right? (they kind of are, but that's besides the question)

Again, Heavy Assault is for (1) situations where you just cannot use your brain and situational awareness to get something done (e.g. point control in a very disadvantageous layout), or (2) where you need to force-cram your shattered undying corpse onto the control point guarded by 48+ enemies in the middle of a meatgrinder clusterf*ck.
  17. adamts01

You're assuming all headshots, which is assuming a lot, even from the top 10% in this game. The HA is the easiest to use and most effective class for about every combat situation in the game. It represents the vast amount of players in infantry fights for a reason. Your OP is completely off.

Just because very few people have some OP thing doesn't excuse the fact that something is OP. Not saying Carapice is broken, just your logic.
  18. Moz

You completely missed the point.... Go try again.... A little harder this time maybe?

We are talking about HP. The things that dont count towards that like Assimilate and Med Kits is what I am talking about. This in turn is in no way related to how OP or not the HA / Medic are.... They can both use both!

Logic is 100% sound, your comprehension skills on the other hand... Not so much!
    • Up x 1
  19. adamts01

Fine, that's a valid argument. But thinking something isn't OP just because most people haven't unlocked it yet is a terrible position. OP's off his rocker, I just hate the argument that broken implants are balanced because of their rareness.
  20. stalkish

100% agree.
    Devs need to stop balancing around rareness, it doesnt matter if 1/1000 people have someting when im fighting that 1/1000 does it?
    They been doing it since the game began, 1000 certs for 'more powerful' weapons. I remember higby actualy saying they were going to lock an ability 'behind a massive cert-wall' to balance it, he actualy said that.......

Ill stop rambling now....
    • Up x 1