When shooting downsight with a shotgun...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Nov 13, 2017.

1. No0T

Shoot pallets in a burst with more precision when shooting down sight aiming.
  2. Rydenan

It's called a smart choke, and it's already in the game.
    Mag-scatter and the directive shotguns (i think) have it.
  3. Icehole1999

That is some shotgun if it fires pallets. How many pallets in one shell? Are they pressure treated?
    • Up x 4
  4. Lucidius134

ngl this made me laugh a little too hard from the mental image
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

No really I think this guy is onto something, I notice that when I'm skeet shooting if I use my sights, it helps the ballistic computer built into my shells to psychically divert the pellets into a tighter cone. Totally. For realism.
  6. Eternaloptimist

No0T is right though :eek::eek: , less pellet spread than hipfire when ADS shooting. IIRC smart choke reduces CoF when hip firing while stationary but increases it when firing on the move. I think you can also buy a smart choke attachment for the Baron (haven't used mine or looked it up for a while so not entirely sure).
  7. Moz

Inside a shotgun shell are pellets..... Pretty much all shotguns fire pellets!
  8. Demigan

Pellets
    [IMG]

Pallets
    [IMG]

• Up x 4
  9. adamts01

Who cares about real life at this point? Real life buckshot will wreck someone at scout rifle ranges in this game. And I thought aiming down sights did tighten the group? What's bull **** is the laser sight not doing a damn thing on the Jackhammer, not a single thing. That needs to apply the same bonus as it does so every other gun in the game.
  10. Moz

Hahahaha, how did i miss that! >.<
    • Up x 3