We need this: A spear.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Nov 5, 2017.

1. No0T

Yes, I would give up any and all secondary weapons for a spear that kills one hit at longer range than a knife.

• Up x 3
  2. Nepas77

I like knife better since it's makes much more sense in modern combat.
  3. GenTech

40k Terminator Lightning Claws for a MAX, do less damage than the MAX punch but has double the range and a faster swing rate.
    • Up x 2
  4. LegendarySalmonSnake

More melee options are definitely needed.
    • Up x 2
  5. adamts01

More melee weapons would be alright for the game, but not noot's OP suggestions.

• Spear or sword as a primary would be fine
    • Bayonet for rifles with a little more reach but same damage as a knife, at the expense of less hipfire accuracy.
    • Up x 6
  6. Liewec123

claws would be cool for VS, but for nc hell naw! give my nc max a huge rocket hammer like Reinhardt :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Lucidius134

Speaking of maxes, power melee for maxes with way more vehicle damage? I've melee'd some sufferers to death...imaging punching a flash as it goes to road kill you and exploding it
    • Up x 4
  8. stalkish

Mele weapons vs guns.......uhhhhm where have i seen that before.....

Even as a max im not sure id want to get mele close, with potential c4, as my primary weapon...
  9. Lamat

Need Thunder Hammer to go with NC MAX Storm Shield:

[IMG]

TR can have a chainfist:
    [IMG]
  10. CMDante

Melee doesn't really jive with the feel of the game.

At the very least some serious work would have to go into the hit detection and things like that
    • Up x 2
  11. Lamat

VS don't get a Predator spear, they get the Alien bitey tongue or the whippy tail

Predator has some really cool toys, what about the smart disc:
  12. GenTech

A weak localised pain field like the one surrounding warpgates might be an idea. Getting too close to a MAX automatically starts damaging players, at the expense of a practically worthless punch.
  13. Lucidius134

Okay, I got the best idea now:

MAX melee that pushes targets far on hit, works on tanks
    • Up x 1
  14. adamts01

The 1911 was developed in .45 because American infantry with bolt actions and revolvers were losing fights against Filipinos with swords. Police are heavily focusing on hand to hand these days because they were going for their gun when a bad guy with a knife was too close. They're no substitute for a gun, but blades are still very relevant in combat.
  15. Droid15.24.3

Imagine the VS having some sort of energy blade. That'd be sweet! (If they somehow made that work, balance wise)
    • Up x 1
  16. No0T

Except I suggested bayonets like 2 years ago genius, I also suggested katanas before they came out with that Vanu outfit and I know they will add more melee weapons... Funny how these guys think they know half the reasons why I suggest one thing or the other... They just deny because they know to many of my ideas are already in the game and their egos tells them through envy that they have to make look bad... and then they do this stupidity so often of suggesting something they don't remember or know I suggested long time ago. This is a common situation for me hahhaa
  17. No0T

You are forgetting the jump jet max... and the cloak... are you paying attention at all or you just talk **** without thinking?
  18. No0T

I suggested maxes should damage people by bumping into them like looooooong ago and many times... maxes should be consider and dispensed like vehicles because they could actually run over a person and kill it RIGHT???!!!
  19. No0T

Are you kidding me? I suggested the tech like shuriken like eons ago and they came out with the ultra nerfed throwing knife that nobody uses just because they nerfed to much the ranged mode...
  20. No0T

Now you talking... how about something more simple... make the max a vehicle and treat collision with it like collision between vehicles... no need for new code...
    • Up x 1