Why nurf prowler?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parsa, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Parsa

Why did the prowler got nurfed? IM NOT EVEN ABLE TO 1 SHOT INFANTRY...
    • Up x 4
  2. Pikachu

Because you're not supposed to use anti-vehicle weapons against non-vehicles. And it's not prowler unique.
    • Up x 4
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

This is what happens when an infantry-only player becomes game designer. Sniper rifles are now more lethal than tank cannons.
    • Up x 14
  4. Campagne

Actually only the right rifles within the right ranges. :p

Kinda like having the right tank cannon.
    • Up x 3
  5. Eternaloptimist

Get a Kobalt top gun - they seem to be very popular now - and I can confirm from recent experience (including a few moments ago) that they kill infantry so fast that it is like one-shotting them.

HESH is the main gun most effective against infantry AFAIK if you really want to go after infantry with a MBT
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

You should stop thinking of a singluar damage scale and instead think of 2. Infatnry damage and vehicle damage.
    • Up x 1
  7. TR5L4Y3R

ok if infantry can have their oneshotting non nanitecosting rocketlaunchers and engineer AV turrets as well as Base AV turrets oneshooting tanks .. then you can have your one shotting cannon back ... let´s play the "spot first kill first" game see how fun that is ..

god whining on ONE person to justify your displeasure over overall ballance that is desided by a group of people .. and not just by a singular person as some here on the forum seem to believe ...

" OH NO I CAN`T KILL THAT ONE INFANTRYMAN WITH MY HEAVY ARMORED VEHICLE THAT LAUGHS AT WHATEVER THAT INFANTRY CARRIES AND CAN TAKE MULTIPLE EXPLOSIVES TO THE FACE .. AND BACK ..
    OH NO THEY HAVE EXPLOSIVE BRICKS THAT STILL REQUIRE 2 OF THEM TO ONESHOT MY HEAVY ARMORED VEHICLE AND GET INFRONT OF MY FACE TO EVEN GET THEM OFF ... AND COST RESOURCES EACH UNLIKE MY HEAVY ARMORED VEHICLE THAT I ONLY NEED TO PAY FOR SPAWNING IT ONCE ... ... ... SSSSSSS ... RAAAAAAAGEEEEEE!!!!!1111!!!!"
    • Up x 4
  8. HAXTIME

What are you guys talking about? Prowler HESH and AP still kills in one shot, unless flak armor.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pikachu

He's talking about AP cannons not being the one cannon to rule them all anymore. Like HEAT cannons were at release.
    • Up x 1
  10. strikearrow

It is pretty stupid that a sniper rifle can 1 shot infantry and a tank cannon cannot....Hey mate please shoot me with a cannon instead of that rifle - so I can SURVIVE!!! lol
    • Up x 3
  11. Pikachu

PS2 has had arbitrary damage mechanics since release. It's just more explicit now. Skyguard only explodoes when hitting or passing nearby aircraft could be described as pretty stupid too. Same for the fact that it's splash radius is crazy big for it's tiny damage, which is able to hurt big aircraft while the splash damage from tank cannons can not.

Same for phoenix and lancer not killing infantry. It's the way PS2 does damage. Different amounts for different targets.
    • Up x 3
  12. ObiVanuKenobi

A tank cannon shouldn't be comparable to a sniper rifle at all imo but here we are...
    • Up x 1
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

2 c4 = 150 nanites
    MBT = 450 nanites

It's a tank. It's supposed to be stronger than a single infantryman.
    Why would something that costs 0 nanites be stronger or equal to something that costs 450? How is it even comparable?
    So in your opinion hitting an infantryman in the head with a tank shell without getting a kill makes sense?
    I know Wrel isn't the only one making decisions but he definitely influences them.
    It was meant to be a joke more than a serious post. No need to get so mad over it.
    • Up x 1
  14. FirePhox

An instagib cannon on a 2second reload would be imba
  15. Pelojian

there was nothing wrong with AP one shotting infantry, you could easily avoid it, because it's a direct fire weapon with no splash to speak of, but infantry 'have' to get from A to B in the shortest route then rage when they die for not using the same tactics they use against other infantry (using cover, rerouting around a threat)

HE is the best tank cannon now, it's better then AP cuz now those same infantry? light or medium cover will not protect them because now they can get hit by tankers that want to hunt tanks, because they have splash now verses before if you were in cover AP could not get you unless he had a height advantage that let him get an angle on you.

all they've done is change what the best one is, when AP was king i used both AP and HEAT, if pesky infantry were becoming a nuisance using cover effectively to do hit and run attacks while i was fighting vehicles i'd swap to HEAT and ether kill or suppress said infantry by using splash and their own base walls against them.

now everyone will carry around HE because it is the best at everything literally. gratz infantry your complaining made things worse for you in the long term once tankers get 100% used to the drop profile you are screwed.
    • Up x 2
  16. LordKrelas

Yes, dodge the AP shell at close-range, long-range, at all times.
    Assuming Cover is present in every situation where the tank can fire - which is at range.

After all, the best AV was pretty effective at AI, needing no AI support.
    Sure, now the AI is good-enough at AV, but at least AV isn't King of the castle.

Now there is a reason, and they need to further work on the entire concept sure,
    But at least, it ain't go AP-or-go-Home, followed by AV being Universally effective.
  17. LodeTria

Well yeah, now it's just HE is king of the castle. It's HE or go home. They didn't fix anything and made it worse for infantry-siders. Enjoy your explosive spam.
    • Up x 2
  18. LordKrelas

AI Top-guns can now compete with AV Top-guns.
    AI is no longer a cripple compared to one-shotting AV guns that nearly double the tank's firepower in Tank vs Tank combat.

HE spam was normal to have to deal with.
    As the original farmers already had it.

Now, there's some reason to use AI.
    It ain't perfect, but at least there is progress.
    • Up x 2
  19. Rydenan

Prowler is still the best of all 4 tanks for killing infantry with the main gun. Using AP or HEAT, while a single shot won't kill, the Prowler is the only tank that has the ability to take a follow-up shot and secure the kill.
    And when it comes to HESH, the Prowler can fire two one-hit-kill shots per reload, rather than one. This allows it to follow up on misses, or target two separate groups of enemies in quick sucession. Something none of the other tanks can do.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ryo313

yeah like every tank can strafe with a/d and stuff like that (sry i just had to x'D)

dunno about the "best for killing infantry" part but it is also the easiest to get picked apart from infantry while deployed. (a target that can't move is always an easy target)
    but i agree with you.. the prowler has a pretty good firerate which is expected from it.. it's the main battle tank from the TR afterall... and you know... TR is all dakka dakka