Why does DBG allows NC's terrible low win rate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Kdog559

Weapons are second to when it comes to winning alerts. It's all based on how well the NC faction can coordinate planned attacks on bases and communication is key. NC don't have that leadership here on Connery. There are some outfits that try very hard to make a win happen, But it's always the non-English speaking outfits that can't work with English speaking outfits to make a win happen.Vanu has Koreans who actually speak English and communicate with us at least instead of being quiet like the NC non-speaking outfits.Trust me I have seen NC win alerts back to back in the past week, But that's before prime time on Connery.What can you expect?Crap has been going on forever since TR was at the bottom of the pop along time ago. Then Vanu hit rock bottom. Now NC are rock bottom. It's just a cycle that goes in circles.
  2. Humoreske

NC's character's ISO-4 hardly increases.It is totally as expected.
    And, VS and TR become increasingly rich. gah!
  3. adamts01

Teamwork is OP, and weapons may come second, but that's no reason not to fix the weapons. You also can't say it's just a leadership/communication/teamwork problem when this has been a systemic issue since the beginning of the game. Falsely shifting all the blame to the players is completely unproductive.
    • Up x 3
  4. adamts01

People claiming the new system is working fine are really getting under my skin. I've literally only won 2 alerts out of about 50. What are players supposed to do at this point with results like that? I'm already pissed I spent considerable real money to get the previous implants I wanted, and then have those same implants missing and slim to no chance to get them let alone upgrade them, that's just a jab to the eye after a kick to the balls.
  5. Lamat

No, not across all servers, and even if that was the case, what is making competitive players leave the NC?
  6. Killer Medic

That's because with this new system in place, people are going where it's easiest. That's VS with their weapons, TR with their DPS. Why would they go onto NC for what kind of weapons we have? In fact, the new alert system has made things even worse and I'm only logging in occasionally now-and used to play daily. Just got tired of the double teams and farming.

And, having been on an alt on another faction, I also know there's deals between major guilds and certain ones having "X faction week" on alt, thus influencing events how they wish it, before going back to their home faction. This was said plain as day on region chat last week. So, that's also why people are leaving NC-and the game to be honest-in droves.
    • Up x 2
  7. Killer Medic

Another reason why people are leaving this game in droves....
  8. Killer Medic

And overpop of TR on my peak gaming times means my grandmother could win the alert-and she's dead.
  9. oTec

Guess you're really a killer medic...

(My condolences :/, bad pun)
  10. csvfr

Following up on the LMG aspects of NC's underperformance, I've created a chart comparing the DPS of different damage models. As it turns out, the 750/143 damage model outclasses everything, and is only matched by the Gauss SAW starting at about 45 meters (where the blue and red line intersects).
    [IMG]

Keep in mind that this assumes that all shots lands on target, which is not unreasonable for skilled players. Also it does not take into account the effect of various attachments. The gray plot is the NSX Naginata BTW, dunno why it is not in the descriptions.
  11. EmeraldShadow

You are so wrong. DPS =/= time to kill.
    NC Weapons have higher alpha damage, balancing out their TTK. Additionally, they have better damage per magazine than VS weapons, and sometimes more than TR weapons.
  12. csvfr

Yeah I know DPS is not TTK, but I find it a more informative metric. You really don't know how much health an enemy has, the status of their (over)shield, if other friendlies are firing on the same guy, etc. Otherwise I think the conclusion would be the same, only that the graph would have steps according to distance. Besides, relying on alpha damage is just as likely to let your opponent get away with one shot remaining for the kill. More damage per magazine is offset by high reloading times.
  13. EmeraldShadow

These NC whiners are ridiculous. It is hard to believe that this entire thread isn't bait.
    NC is by far the best faction for infantry.
    They have the best weapon variety, and the best weapons overall.
    - In carbines: NC has the best slow-firing heavy damage carbines, as well as the best high-rof carbine (GD7F)
    - In assault rifles: NC has the best slow-firing heavy damage ARs as well as the best high-rof AR (GR-22)
    - In sniper rifles: all factions are approximately the same, except NC has the best faction-specific sniper by far (Railjack)
    - In shotguns: all factions are approximately the same, except NC has the jackhammer for heavies.
    - LMG is the only category where NC isn't objectively superior in every way, as they lack a high ROF option.
    However, their slow-rof LMGs variants are still objectively superior to the VS/TR slow-rof options.

NC is objectively the best in 4/5 categories, and decent in 5/5. You people have lost it!
  14. EmeraldShadow

No matter what HP the target is at, alpha damage always matters. You don't understand how shooters work.
  15. EmeraldShadow

NC loses alerts because of their players. The factions have different aesthetics, and therefore bring in different types of people.
    For example, NC has the highest team kill rate.
    As I described in a previous post, NC has the best infantry equipment by far.
    The only thing NC players should complain about is their ESF, the Reaver. It has a gigantic hitbox, making it worthless for dogfights. In the past, it made up for this disadvantage with firepower (Pre-nerf vortek & airhammer) but Wrel decided to remove this advantage, since he has no understanding of ESFs. (Currently, the Mosquito is objectively the best ESF, as it has by far the smallest hitbox, best top speed, and no real downsides.)
  16. adamts01

Absolutely

That's not necessarily true. If you have multiple people shooting at you, the Mossy is the best. If you're face to face, the Scythe is the best with its smallest front profile and mid-tier dps. As for Mossy downsides, lowest dps, and a taller front profile. It does have the highest damage per mag, but I'd take the guns from any other faction over the Mossy's guns, it's all about bursting damage when you have a good shot. Either way, I agree that the Reaver is unquestionably the worst, but it's a little silly to flat out say the Mossy is the best.
  17. adamts01

18. \m/SLAYER\m/

Sounds like nothing wrong with it. Everyone noticed about TK but no one trying to fix it. NC become No Care faction.
  19. csvfr

Of course the damage of a weapon matters, but it does not need to imply any advantage in infantry fights when offset by poor ROF. Example: Orion/Carv uses 0.08 seconds per bullet, Gauss SAW uses 0.12, this is 50% additional time. Say two heavies without nanoweave, overshield, or headshots, but with an auxiliary shield, race to reach 1050 dmg first in a 1 to 1. After 0.6 seconds, the Gauss SAW will have dished out 5 bullets for 1000 DMG, and he needs only one more bullet to win. However by that time the Orion/CARV will have shot 7 bullets and dished out 1001 DMG, but it only takes 0.04 seconds more for that last bullet to hit. So the TR/VS have an advantage of 0.08 seconds.
  20. Lamat

Alpha damage would be the first shot, so 167 versus 143, big whoop that's virtually inconsequential.

Damage per magazine doesn't matter when you're dead from being out DPSed.

TR gets higher DPS AND bigger magazines, go figure. You'd think more bullets being more forgiving would be advantage enough.

Down to brass tax, what matters is who can kill the other faster in the locations where battles are fought. Battles that matter for taking territory occur at close range in and around buildings in walled bases. Outside that space vehicles mostly rule the day, so you can spend a lot of time trying to find that magical place where NC weapons provide any kind of advantage while always being outclassed where you need to capture points.