What do you think about new "smooth and responsive" C-4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Humoreske

I can not avoid any longer. :rolleyes:
  2. Blam320

It makes it all the more imperative you keep an eye out for cheeky C4-fairies, and send up LAs of your own to deal with them.
  3. MuggieWara

Its definitely a substantial LA buff but personally i dont mind.

(and people still write essays upon essays about HA's overshield... :rolleyes:)
    • Up x 2
  4. Moisture

Light assaults C4 buffs and reduced Tank vs infantry damage makes a lot of LAs try to suicidally rush my Tank.

But AP shots still one hit kill.

A increase trying and thus more successes sure. Statistically it has to.

But this has resulted me me earning many dozens of certs from nailing greedy LAs that think all it takes is a buff to the triggering of C4 is all it takes to take down a Tank.

More players making more mistakes has netted me more kills.
  5. UberNoob1337101

Against vehicles? No difference. Against infantry? Amazing, I can set up traps and cover my escape as a LA no problem now, covering your retreat when going through doors isn't an issue anymore as long as you have C4.

Also, laggy non-detonations that blow up farther away from your target don't seem to happen anymore, so it's a consistency buff too. Pretty good change IMO, but I guess the AI focus is a bit much as it's almost impossible to avoid it once you're in range.
  6. SenEvason

It's nice to have C4 that will detonate on a tank when stuck to a tank now, instead of before where I'd stick it to a tank and then it would blow up on the ground in front of it.
    • Up x 1
  7. The Rogue Wolf

I quickly learned to keep my eyes open for Ambusher-using LAs. Fortunately they travel a very predictable arc.
    • Up x 1
  8. DemonicTreerat

Better. Used to hate throwing C4 around a corner as an improvised grenade and the combination of delay plus client side hit detection resulting in eating bullets through the wall. Now I can throw, fire, and watch a heavy who thought it was safe to play corner-humper against someone who survived the heyday of surgiles in PS1 get blown into a fine red mist. Not to mention all the VS and TR MAXes who assume a medic is no threat to them learning that they no longer have those precious seconds between toss and detonation to get out of the lethal radius.
  9. Liewec123

good for my LA,
    HATE IT on my max,
    its even more impossible for a max to survive longer than 30 seconds on the front line now!
    (especially now HAs rocket launchers reload faster too!)
  10. Kdog559

I like it. It doesn't seem like I'm pulling it out my *** before I throw it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Oleker2

I dedicate myself on C4-Fairy action, the new C4 is a dream come true!
    Still need some practice on C4 to infantary tho... Got used to a burst carabine and 3-burst upper body on any distance.
  12. Callsign-YukiMizuki

Been needing this for so long!
    Murdering Sundies had never been so much fun
  13. Lamat

C4 is abused in this game, particularly in large infantry battles. Why does C4 essentially act as a grenade in the first place?
    • Up x 2
  14. MonnyMoony

Might be an argument to reinstate Max charge. I used it primarily as a defensive/evasive tool.
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

Because grenades don't act as grenades, and because C4 is far less used against infantry than people assume.
    • Up x 2
  16. Lamat

That makes no sense, you are saying it's not used as much as people think, but it is used exactly how much you think...

C4 is intended for anti-vehicle and anti-max, everything else AV has been nerfed against infantry leaving C4 as the egregious offender of OHK abuse. Sorry you don't get to keep your kill everything toy, the time is coming for C4 too, it's a BS weapon that has gone on too long.
    • Up x 1
  17. HAXTIME

Like it both from a tanker and LA perspective. More consistent and predictable behavior on both ends.
  18. Kcalehc

Definitely easier to use.

Though I still feel it should be separated into two types, a more HE like AI version with limited damage against tanks, and a AP like AV version, with high damage against tanks, but a very small blast radius. Each would still be able to kill anything, but generally less effective against those targets it's not intended for.
  19. Demigan

It makes perfect sense. People assume it's used far more than it actually is against infantry.

C4's AOE has been reduced (again), so it too has been nerfed against infantry as it's far less useful against groups.
    I've been advocating changes to C4 to make it less omniversally applicable since forever.
  20. LodeTria

Nearly all of the top 100 users in kills has killed far far more infantry than vehicles, with the V kills being much less than the 2/1 ratio. It is used against against infantry more than you're willing to admit. Unless you think these people were killing 12/12 sunderers lol.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=432
    • Up x 2