[Suggestion] Lattice connect all the continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lamat, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Lamat

This game would have a lot more meta to it if all the continents were connected and we were fighting over all of them, as I understand Planetside 1 had.

With 3 warpgates on each continent, you can have each warpgate connected to each other continent by lattice lines with some means for combat in between them. With this you could actually push factions right off of a continent by conquering their warpgate on that continent, they would be pushed back to the warpgate on the other continent if they owned it.

There would just need to be means for intercontinental warpgate-to-warpgate combat. This could be done with the battle islands concept, or much simpler with some kind of scifi inter-dimensional tunnel that would only need to be as big as one territory for the battle between warpgates, they could even reuse the exact same design for warpgate connections.

In the event that a faction got completely wiped out off all continents, there could be a sanctuary warpgate connected to the last warpgate they lost on a continent.

Perhaps we don't have the population to really make this work, but it would be awesome. I think some continents would still be effectively locked by one of the factions anyways, so I think it would work itself out.

This lets factions really make claim to a continent, and hold it as long as they can, giving a feeling of ownership and a sort of king of the hill aspect.