[Vehicle] Gatekeeper Utility Slot | Magazine Size vs. Reload Speed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by N4rkoT1k, Apr 21, 2017.

1. N4rkoT1k

Want to cert my Gatekeeper a bit which I use on Prowler mostly.
    What is the best option for the utility slot? Magazine Size or Reload Speed?

Forgive me but I am too lazy to do the math and just want to hear your opinions..
  2. breeje

i did use mag size on my harasser and my prowler, stopped using the GK after the big nerf
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

The best option for now is using Halberd instead for long range because GK is trash after the nerfs. In a couple months things might change with an upcoming vehicle balance patch which is partially on PTS.
  4. N4rkoT1k

Ya it is rly not that good anymore.. thanks for your opinion

I am using other weapons most of the time such as Halberd but I did not cert my utility slot on the GK yet cause I am not sure what to use.
    What do you use IF you woud run it?
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

If i remember correctly reload speed gives you higher DPS so i'd go with reload speed.
  6. Demigan

As far as I know, the gatekeeper has almost the same DPS as the enforcer, still better range despite the nerfs, less punishment for misses, easier to supress or kill infantry with and without the annoying reload system. If the gatekeeper is bad, I dont want to know what you think about the Enforcer.

As for the question.
    0,5 seconds reduction of reload is about 30% off the downtime.
    6 rounds extra on a 30 round magazine extends up time by a bit more than 2 seconds. I should be calculating hoe this affects DPS but I'm too tired to wrap my mind around it atm.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kristan

I'd rather wait. They reworking it on PTS so currently it has 10 rounds in mag and shoots them all in one burst.
    • Up x 1
  8. N4rkoT1k

Thanks for that info.
    Seems like I will be waiting for the changes to come..