PTS Update - 04/18

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasinzz

agr
    agreed about hornet think lol
  2. yasinzz

thank you making the gatekeeper worse. it will look bad when its in burst mode. the original version gives more battle feeling.
  3. yasinzz

I hope this is a late April Fool joke.
  4. yasinzz

i hope this is a late april joke.
  5. yasinzz

6. Ander

Ok... I usually dont post on these forums. But after reading these patch notes.
    Please do not launch this. Rething, implement new stuff to change the meta in the game a little.. But not this.

I dont like being killed by tanks but it's a necessary evil as infantry. I can deal with tanks in a number of ways.
    Air vs ground gets ****tier too. Soon air wont do anything to anything else than other air... why even pull air then?
    • Up x 2
  7. ColonelChingles

Unless infantry also get damage increase modifiers from vehicle AI weapons, this is a terrible update. I was under the impression that implementing "combined arms" meant more opportunities for vehicles to be relevant on the battlefield... not to force them to go play in some corner somewhere.

Consider for example changes to the Lightning.

Health Changes
    Yay, the Lightning gets 4,000 HP. On the other hand, it loses directional armour. Overall the Devs claim that this means the Lightning can take roughly a single rocket more from a dumbfire rocket launcher, but this is completely offset by other buffs to infantry AV options:
    More rockets per infantryman (over doubled in some cases)
    Faster restocking of rockets (twice as fast)
    Faster firing rockets (over 34% more quickly)
    In fact, consider that currently it takes about 5 rockets to kill a Lightning from the front, which given the old reload times is 26 seconds. With the new shorter 3.43 second reload and 6 rockets to kill, the TTK of infantry against a Lightning drops to 20.58.
    This is not a health "change", it is a nerf to the durability of armour against infantry.

Decreased AoE Effectiveness
    In general, tanks were already performing quite poorly against infantry... but apparently all those unneeded HE nerfs were not enough. There are major decreases in tank splash damage. For the Lightning:
    Sum of Splash Damage Inner/Outer Before: 2,704 damage
    Sum of Splash Damage Inner/Outer After: 2,451 damage
    This ends up being a 9% nerf to tank splash damage, with Viper and HEAT taking the brunt of the nerfs.
    And that doesn't take into account the proposed buffs for Flak Armour.
    Tank splash damage, which already was performing poorly, is now being nerfed yet again.

Decreased Direct Effectiveness
    By decreasing direct damage (under the guise of revamped vehicle armour/HP) these changes would drastically reduce the ability of a tank to kill infantry even with direct hits.
    Viper- A direct hit now does 475 total damage, which means you need 3 direct hits to kill an infantryman. This is a significant increase from the old 2 HTK standard, where a single hit did about 80% damage to an infantryman (resulting in kills of injured targets).
    AP- Fortunately this game isn't screwy enough to make it so that a 100mm APFSDS dart that can penetrate tank armour is stopped by the skin on a soldier's face. But the total direct damage has decreased to 1,100, which might mean that infantry using Flak can probably survive.
    HEAT- No longer kills even with direct hits. Yes, really. A 7mm sniper rifle round can kill someone, but a 100mm HEAT shell to the noggin cannot. To top it off, it is now harder to score direct hits with nerfs to velocity and drop.
    HE/HESH- Like the AP, can still OHK but damage has dropped from 2,100 damage to 1,625 damage. Like HEAT, accuracy at range is reduced.
    In each case, tank effectiveness with skilful direct hits to infantry has significantly decreased.

Pretty much if you dive into these changes, it becomes quickly apparent that this is not a "combined arms" patch. This is an elimination of what little "combined arms" this game claimed to have. Even if this makes tank versus tank gameplay better (which I doubt if the intent is to limit long range engagements to 200m), it completely screws over tanks vis-a-vis infantry. Again.
    • Up x 2
  8. yasinzz

a
    agreed man , i hope devs see what we are wrote here. otherwise they will kill the game. the good community takes main part of the game , if they leave game will die instantly , please notice that this update note got +90 replies others not...
  9. yasinzz

you guys killed air to ground fight. why pull air vehicles than if i can only fight against air to air after that?
    air power must be effective against ground ... please if you are going to launch this atleast remove air to ground rockets lmao
  10. yasinzz

love the orbital strike change tho. make it same for glaive ıpc cannon
  11. Liewec123

because having the ability to nuke a biolab is just what this game needs... :rolleyes:
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. yasinzz

13. yasinzz

dude i dont appericiate how you can aim biolab but you wanting them to be make it destructible? without destructible ability this is a good idea , hopefully this feautre will take fight out of the base sometimes.
  14. Tony Hansen

I often don't complain or say much about game changes and balances but this one... First of all i play infantry and vehicles allot, i never bothered with air as it's pretty useless, and now you killed it really good, i have in total some 8K kills with the Lightning, as a tanker this nightmare update i hope will never see live, this will put vehicle play to the ground, why even bother? instead of fixing the critical issues such with the Construction they focus on ruining vehicle meta for a great number of players, After Wrel joined i haven't seen much great things happening, a clear message for the Devs from an angry PS2 vet, scrap this update and leave vehicles as they are and fix Construction, make it integrated, and how about fixing the Elysium spawn tubes which are being exploited?
    • Up x 1
  15. yasinzz

ag
    reed
  16. Liewec123

destructible or not, you can toast everyone inside, it also destroys any vehicles below and every terminal, even the spawn room terminal and air terminals outside.

orbital strikes in no deploy zones are a terrible idea.
    • Up x 1
  17. yasinzz

we always needed something like this in planetside 2 to pointless long battles. otherwise it looks like 1v1 there is no big power that you can change plans
  18. LordKrelas

You mean any defense of a base, which is usually in favor of the attacker already, being destroyed by a base off in a hell hole miles away with a single shot?
    What about defense of a murderous-base using this cannon on the attackers? Oh you were in a choke point, Shucks.

We needed a PMB to destroy any Bio lab defense or attack in one shot? Seriously?
  19. yasinzz

lol ou guys talking like its easy to call an orbital strike on biolab whenever you want. if you want to get the biolab then destroy the nearest orbital strike building then attack biolab. if you see orbital strike is coming retreat then. this also heads players to destroy player made base and make fight for diffirent areas.
  20. LordKrelas

Regardless of the 40 minute charge period, if at max range, You literally force anyone in the lab to leave, or die.
    Final countdown for the SCU? Better ensure no PMBs are in the hex or nearby hexes!
    Assuming the damn thing isn't properly defended, and requires max range to hit the lab, as well for said base.
    In short: You act like destroying a PMB base is easy.

Make fights for different areas? What kills a PMB is generally a zerg, aircraft or **** loads of vehicles.

Attack a PMB to attack a Bio Lab.... yeah grind yourself into a PMB, to grind a Bio Lab. lovely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.