Please Wait 96 Hours Before Panicking about the PTS Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Insignus, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Insignus

Then you are free to generate as many spreadsheets, rage posts, and sub-canceling threats as you see fit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/66dxlw/please_wait_96_hours_before_panicking_about_the/

I'm not taking a pro or con position yet. I have questions. We need test data. But everyone freaking out at the same time and giving the devs a hurricane of opposition before they've even been given a fair shot, even if you think they don't deserve one, does little to nothing to convince them of anything other than the need to ignore people.

So calm down. Breathe. Install the test client. Get your friends and have them make a circle to test splash damage factors and the turrets. Take notes, make spreadsheets, post videos. Then render your opinion.

Remember: Rage backed up by data points and rational arguments is much more effective than just blind rage. Conversely, you could be more constructive, and offer them ways to improve it, or make rational arguments about why they should hold off or abandon certain changes.

Just jumping on reddit and calling people names will not get your views across.
    • Up x 8
  2. LodeTria

• Up x 1
  3. LaughingDead

It is also a first iteration. Grant however that this problem with people jumping to conclusions stems from devs generally pushing PTS patches as is even with a ton of feedback saying no or keep it on pts. I was burnt out on trusting with the shotgun nerf, but these changes are so ridiculous that if they didn't change it then I'd laugh as they commit business seppuku.

There will be a second change and it is important that we get as many people saying their opinions on this as possible, because if it goes through as ridiculous as it is then this game is not going to be worth playing anymore
  4. Demigan

A voice of reason within a sea of madness, well done Insignus.
    • Up x 1
  5. Villanuk

I do not do reddit, its impossible to follow a conversation.. but this patch has so much BS its hard to select them all so i shall go with this on.

The NC Phoenix has the ONLY buff in damage and increase in ammo, wtf..

If this comes out then arma 3 or space citizen for me...

**** edit, sorry, i was talking about launchers ***
  6. Demigan

Breaker Rocketpods also got a damage buff you know.
    Previous Rocketpods did, after damage reduction, around 162 damage. While the new one's deal 167. I think you'll find many weapons that have similar statistical changes.
  7. Villanuk

Ive edited my post, but really, that never needed a buff and why more ammo, its a joke, i cannot see any logic in it, can you, your NC, please explain why ONLY that one needed a buff?
  8. Demigan

TR Rocketpods:
    New damage per shot: 125
    Current damage per shot: 400
    Current MBT weapon-specific damage reduction: 20%
    Current front armor reduction (since side and top armor is removed for all weapons in the game): 63%

400*0,8=320
    320*0,37=118,4 damage.

TR Rocketpods got a bigger buff than the NC!

VS Rocketpods:
    New damage per shot: 143
    Current damage per shot: 475
    Current MBT weapon-specific damage reduction: 20%
    Current front armor reduction (since side and top armor is removed for all weapons in the game): 63%

475*0,8=380
    380*0,37=140,6.

VS rocketpods get the smallest buff, but it's a buff nonetheless! Not that any of these buffs will give a better TTK ofcourse.

Also keep in mind that they specifically said that these are some of the first changes, and that aircraft were definitely not done yet. And have you perhaps looked at the implications? Since direct-damage of most weapons is reduced against infantry, most weapons will start using their AOE to kill infantry. Meaning you can expect AOE buffs, which are already being experimentent with in an iterative process with the vehicles, for aircraft in the future.

I think it's wise for you to look over all the changes again, and especially read what the developers mean with them.
  9. LodeTria

I think you should not use air craft weapons to prove you point, as those are supposedly still subject to change, in the notes you say people should read you apparently didn't.

You should you use the ground weapons, which is full of all sorts of extremely questionable nerfs & buffs.
  10. Villanuk

As i said in my edit, i was talking about launchers, so explain how the NC got the buff?
  11. LordKrelas

You mean the Phoenix which basically was very incapable unless in large groups, for destroying vehicles?
    Was easily dodged, hard to steer, and able to be intercepted (apparently).
    As per the words in the change log itself, It's damage is due to the flight-time of manual steering \ guiding.
    Aka the time spent directing the missile for the entire period of its flight rather than just firing the thing, or leading it for a moment.

Striker also got "Buffs', depends entirely on how you look at it.
    Such as a faster equip time, if you need a random one.

Lancer was 'buffed' to be more predictable for the user operating it across all three firing levels.

So rather than waste time, just read the document a bit more?
  12. Liewec123

pff! that is nothing compared to "Orbital strike can now target no deploy zones"
    you can roast every single person inside of a biolab, along with any vehicles below and every terminal
    (even the air terminals outside get toasted) XD
    one moment there are a hundred people fighting, the next moment EVERYONE is dead.

thats a whole lot of XP, a whole lot of weapons lock and a whole lot of rage tells. :p
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 4
  13. Villanuk

14. LordKrelas

If you find out how to fix that quote glitch, I'd be happy to learn as that screwed me last time.

Well, since the Striker is an anti-air launcher apparently, and given that people swear that Valks with Strikers are brutal...

Phoenixes, defense? Unless you mean from spawn rooms, standing perfectly still unable to react at all, having to guide a missile with horrid turning speed... Not to mention, it ain't 'accurate', target sees the blue light or moves a meter, and You can't turn.
    Like, stand still perfectly for the entire flight; Wait for a sniper, or any infantry to be on that battlefield & see you, and... dead.
    Let alone a vehicle.

Can't see the person, doesn't stop you from advancing; Last minute movements scramble your ability to even hit.
    Add in rockets being crap for AOA, and you just removed the entire threat.

I assume you are talking about the Lancer or Striker with the last part? Or Phoenix? Like, it's not clear here, nor the intention.
    Lancers are downright hell in numbers.

Phoenixes aren't the same as those, due to the fact of that manual guidance, unless in a spawn room which removes the vulnerability caused during the entire manual guidance, but still doesn't account for target mobility.

Strikers, well they work well enough; They are for anti-air if I recall the tool-tip, and the whole proximity lock-on to aircraft.
    Which kinda is a hint.

Like for practical play, what do you expect the phoenix to do?
    Spawn-room Rocketeers attacking stationary shooters?
  15. BartasRS

man... that's just insane. On one hand such suicide run can save your Biolab but I can't see any reason bombing Biolab if your side is actively attacking it. It will wipe all your people inside and most probably any Sunderers around and will be only a minor proplem for defenders who will spawn inside ASAP.

For Towers like Crown or bases with long route from spawn to cap point it will be viable but... c'mon. This is just too much.
    • Up x 3
  16. Demigan

I haven't calculated them yet and I haven't seen any math or statistics aside from the one's in the PTS which I skimmed over, but I think now is the time for others to do it. Actually prove that launchers are nerfed. (also, if this actually is a nerf to launchers, shouldn't this mean that phase2 of the infantry AV nerf finally happened?)
  17. Villanuk

AGAIN, i state, i use the thing, but just in the test server now.

Mag from behind, 3 rockets, prowler front, 5 rockets. 295 meter distance or 12 seconds, thats dam good. As for accurate, hit infantry quite easy, not an issue.

Strikers are poor, but can do a good i agree. but at 150, its even less reason to use them, but heres a thing,

would you have a Phoenix or a striker, we both know the answer.

As for being hard to control, well you have issues playing, its still just as easy as it was.
  18. LordKrelas

Direction is based on your position from firing, to the facing of the vehicle.
    IE you have to be behind it completely in the first place, and a Mag has the easiest time moving out of the rocket's path.

295 meters.
    Unless you have a spawn shield, that's 295 meters aka 12 seconds of time being unable to react beyond to a single target with your controlled rocket: Which shows exactly where your general location is, which can be determined to be within 295 meters.
    Fire a second time, and during those 12 seconds, you have no ability to act.

Infantry paying attention & in combat, or infantry facing the wrong direction & standing still?
    As you didn't address that.

Depends on if I have allies, or are going against aircraft;
    If aircraft, the striker as it is for that; And good ******* luck hitting multiple rockets against aircraft with a phoenix.
    If I have allies & the target isn't aircraft, then maybe the Phoenix - allies for guarding, not for multiple Phoenixes.
    As well, it fires a lot of rockets quickly without exposing the operator for a long period of time; Not to mention doesn't render the operator immobile & blind.

As I rather have a standard Shrike than a Phoenix more often than not: My opponents have stalkers, and snipers.
    Let alone, unless in a spawn room, you are basically screwed if there is more than 1 target, or if anyone is in range during the launch.

I didn't say anything about it changing?
    I've been told it turns horrid as ****.
    So again, are your targets standing still or actually moving.
  19. Gutseen

Nc n00bz still cupcakeing?
    srsly, Phenix 's da best point defense RL.
    can fire from safety and with mouse DPI of 8400 can stirr dem rockets like a nuke jockey
  20. DeadlyOmen

Arma 3 looks pretty cool, and it looks like it has a decent player population. This looks like a good alternative.
    • Up x 2