Hive Exploit? This doesn't seem right.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Apr 13, 2017.

1. RobotNinja

The sunken building at Howling Pass Checkpoint. There's a Hive inside there. Pretty sure that's not supposed to be there.

[IMG]
  2. LaughingDead

Either way, that's pretty badass.
    • Up x 1
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

I've found that to be a popular spot for Hives because of its indestructible roof. I'll admit I too once placed one there, though this was when the construction system was first released and have since lost interest in the mechanic.

I should imagine it was either intended, the devs haven't got around to changing the area or they have overlooked the area due to the lack of a capture point. If I recall, the area was host to a captureable base which was since changed around 2-3 years ago now (though I may be thinking of another base).

It can be quite a near-indestructible base when done right, but also quite fun to fight at when done right too, though this is merely my opinion and should imagine others may not feel the same.
  4. RobotNinja

I wouldn't claim it was intended. I'm not saying it isn't but the devs recently completely borked the spawn shields at TI Alloys so they would kill friendlies and left it like that for like a week. So just saying something being borked or in this case exploitable doesn't necessarily mean it's intended.

They just might not care enough either way though.
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

Yeah, there is that point too. It may likely be similar to the Techplant situation where only after enough people mentioned Sunderers getting up the stairs and to A point did they alter some of them to prevent it from happening. Perhaps if this does become a big enough problem they will consider changing it.
  6. HisokaTheRed

You aint seen nothing noobs.

• Up x 2
  7. then00b

As I recall you can build in the structures by Howling Pass on Indar or something, dunno how intentional that is, also not sure how efficient the hives even are anyways. Not entirely a fan of the construction system as a whole though, would have preferred to have structures added to preexisting bases rather than out in the middle of nowhere, most strategies just seem to be wait until people are bored of feeding the silo, the ghostcap the hive, so not much change from usualy planestide gameplay. Not entirely sure how to fix it either though, there's no real incentive to stay at bases that have no fights and such. Unless they want to start spawning pve things to kill or something.
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

That spot is as old as the hills. That area has a few corals like that, another is closer to Indar Excavation Site and is a common ground for Sunderers deploying inside so they can have an indestructible spawn zone.
  9. IcEzEbRa

I saw this one couple nites ago, and even though it was friendly at the time, I couldn't get in....no idea how they did that.
  10. RobotNinja

They glitched into it. Like I said...exploit.