NS lmg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AllRoundGoodGuy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

I have been seeing recently (or just now noticing it) more and more high-br HAs using the NS lmg (forget the name, but not the naginata). Is it really better than the ES lmgs?
  2. BrbImAFK

I'm seeing it quite a lot as well. It's my impression that, because of it's accuracy and controllability, the high-skill players are using it like a headshot laser, allowing them to chain multiple headshots together where ES weapons may not be as efficient at doing do. It certainly feels that way when I face them because, no matter the range, it's like a near instantaneous *dink* *dink* *dink* ^ded^.
    • Up x 1
  3. Direlithe

Idk, it could just be a trend, like when giraffe print was in style *shudder*
    • Up x 1
  4. Lord_Avatar

Pinpoint accurate, blazing fast reload times, 0.75 ADS (and trash DPS). An excellent weapon provided you can aim and chain those headshots.
  5. RockPlanetSide2

NSA15 is a weapon that HAs were never supposed to have. It basically gave HAs access to a Medic Assault Rifle. Just a terrible design idea and there is no excuse for it at all.

Hyper accuracy, super fast reload, combined with the HA shield = somebody should have been fired on the design team.

All the top players use it, tells you something. Yes, some kids like to keep the Bjuice and the Butcher out because it looks cool, but they are just not as good as the NSA15.

But, it is what it is. So just buy it and prosper.
  6. stalkish

Eh, some youtuber probably used it and said 'this is the best LMG' then of course hundreds of sheep flocked to his opinion instead of deciding which one fits their own playstyle best.

/cynicism off
    • Up x 1
  7. Gundem

The NS15 is not necessarily the best LMG, even for high skill play.

In fact, in higher skill environments, it's one of the less useful LMG's due to it's slow TTK. A highly skilled player can compensate for recoil and have laser-like accuracy on just about any weapon in the game, at which point RoF becomes objectively more valuable for TTK reduction then recoil characteristics. There is the x.75 ADS Speed to consider, but it's not a game-changer for high skill play, since the players skilled enough to worry about the objective impact of RoF on TTK aren't going to have issues tracking you then.

TL;DR, the real "pros" are going to stick with their Orions, MSW-R's and Anchors, what you are seeing is most likely a bit of luck combined with a bit of coincidence, and some confirmation bias.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

The only bad thing about it is its TTK.
    So if you can take advantage of its other stats and reliably get headshots then its a lot better than many other LMGs
  9. JonnyBlue

That probably spot on the NS15 is crap at CQC you will get pwned by higher rof weapons constantly where it shines is medium ranges where a HA can drop back a bit and pick his shots , Seriously any of the starter HA weapons will pwn this weapon head on.
  10. Gutseen

u forget the net-code lag sonny.

0.75 ads with 70ms ping in 30+ fight make u and ADADADAD god, laggn' in enemys sights.
    strap on a laser sight on NS15 and u get a ****** monsta
  11. stalkish

Yeap, the unfortunate rule of planetside 2 infantry fighting:
    • Whoever lags best wins
    Its why i often facepalm at the players who think its the pinnacle of gaming.
  12. Citizen H

It's the .75 ADS with the game's horrid netcode.
    You peek into a hallway, and if someone is there you can gun them down and they're dead before you even appear on their screen.
  13. LaughingDead

The NS LMG's only advantages are:
    Laser beaming ADS with very little bloom, a neutral gun sound to deceive enemies nearby, higher ADS movespeed, not affected by the LMG/AR rebalance and can be bought with cash to be available to all characters.

The DPS is marginally lower compared to ES LMGs but getting good with this gun generally means that you're ok with all of your characters.
  14. Sil4ntChaozz

Why did this make me laugh?
  15. Iridar51

Can't compensate for horizontal recoil \/(-_-)\/
  16. Eternaloptimist

There are so many variants of the NS15 it doesn't surprise me that, even just on statistical probability, you can expect to see quite a few of them around.

I used one for a long time on my VS avatar when I was new because it seemed to have more ranged accuracy then the ES LMGs.

And being an NS weapon I bought it with DBC so all my avatars on all factions have one. I imagine I've tried it a bit on all of them but can't remember. I know the VS avatar had something like 450 kills with it before I got wise to the mechanics of the VS arsenal.

Ofc the other simple explanation is in the answer to the question, "what do you give the vet who's got everything?"

Answer: "the Gallows"
  17. Gundem

True, but the primary 3 LMG's, the Anchor, Orion and MSW-R, have fairly little horizontal recoil, which can be further reduced by bursting.

At ranges of 60+ meters it might come into play, but it's not a good idea to really be engaging at that range anyway, since that's probably open combat which means there are probably 20 snipers aiming at your balls as well.
  18. Iridar51

Oh, you're right. I was going off the memory that Orion has terrible horizontal recoil tolerance, but it doesn't actually come into play.