[RANT] The number one reason I hate this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberNoob1337101

[Mini Disclaimer! I curse too much here, and I'm overly salty. But still, I do think that I might have a point or two about the issue I'm going to discuss and that it probably ruins the game for more than one person.

Like, if you're prepared to scroll down, you'll see a lot of censoring, a lot. I also don't specifically target anyone with this thread, not you, not anyone in particular (albeit it does target a group of people in theory) and I hope you don't take this thread too personally, it's more like a salt vent with maybe some actual criticism

Also, sorry for somewhat click-baity title :p]

... The "teammates" are the most ******* imbecilic, brain-dead bat-**** ******** people I have ever seen in a game, ever, and that by itself might be saying something, and somehow a dude that doesn't contribute nearly as much and only farms gets more recognition and places among the first five all the time while the people who kept the team up and running don't get any recognition whatsoever.

I do just fine overall, but then some imbecile runs straight into my scope, gets TKd because he's a moron and then both of us die due to his idiocy, and the worst part is, he gets mad because of it! Like, what the **** man!?

Oh, and the "medics", aka "Medium Assaults" that only play medic for assault rifles and self heals, and they either completely miss corpses that are right in front of them or flat-out ignore them, not respecting their roles at all. Instead, I've even vocally voiced my opinion that medics should try to heal and revive a bit more, but some dude just said "Die less". What sort of horse **** is that!? When your damn players don't do their roles that they're supposed to do! Everyone just wants to kill and pad their K/D and not support, why is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING done about that?! (Granted, the community is 100% at fault here, but some incentive to be the MVP and not be a kill ***** would be nice). There are definitely good medics that are astounding at both killing and supporting, but the vast majority are medium assaults that would be more useful as HAs/LAs/Infils.

A lot of engineers like to camp their turrets and just shoot with them, and unless you shout "I need repairs!" for a whole minute or two I doubt they're gonna repair you anytime soon. I think that quite a bit of engies don't even know that they can repair MAXs!

Then you have the spawnroom heroes, the knights in shining armor that don't do jack **** and will most likely never leave their shiny shack or run away the moment they're in danger. These people are so helpful and contribute so much to helping the team win, they're almost invaluable!

Like, why are integral parts of the game, like supporting your team and destroying vehicles, completely unrepresented when you view your stats? But of course, there's more than enough space to filter K/D, a stat that's completely out-of-place and meaningless! Why don't you slap massive repair/heal symbols on top of people's heads, it'll make everyone's life easier? Or "Support ratings", that determine how fast and how much you support during your session? That'd be great!

Ooooooooh, but that's not the worst part... you see, there are some people who are INTENTIONALLY doing anti-team BS. Oh yeah, the ******* that run RIGHT into your scope to steal your kills, or intentionally wait until they can get the last shot! Wha- Just what- WHAT SORT OF BEHAVIOR IS THIS IN THIS SORT OF GAME!?!??!?! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!?!??! ISN'T THIS GAME ABOUT TEAM-PLAY AND PLAYING THE OBJECTIVE AND NOT ABOUT MEANINGLESS KILL WHORING ****E!?!??!!? WHAT THE ****.

See, the flaws in the game don't force me to play other games like Battlefield, that are as similar to this game. The flaws are bearable, for this game is the one-of-a-kind, the gameplay that's arguably the best blend of slow and fast TTK and a perfect blend of tactics and aiming skills, an original faction system where factions actually differ from each other, and an untapped, rich backstory. This game is full of untapped potential!

But in the end, what drove me out wasn't the inherent flaws of the system, nor the bad servers, nor the imbalances, nor the non-existence of late-game content and variety of fights, but the fact that a majority of players play CallOfDutySide 2. Why even bother if your efforts are almost never acknowledged and some random who was just camping will always be higher on the scoreboard than you? What's the damn point of actually supporting when medium assaults and discount LAs get more XP and recognition from just killing? What's the damn point of playing Planetside 2 instead of CallOfDutySide 2 when you get less respect, less XP, less recognition and overall much more frustration and putting more tears, sweat and hard work to look worse than a random spawnroom hero? What's the point in being brave when you put incredible risk to get zero recognition and proof of your skills and exploits, when some dudes that are total cowards are apparently more respected because their stats (that, once again, are highly inaccurate, very much paddable and mostly irrelevant)? Not only that, but your teammates seem to constantly work to make your life miserable? Why bother?

Just a few simple stat changes could change the mentality of the community and potentially get it into the right direction, to make it what it was really meant to be : a tactical MMOFPS that has everything and focuses on combined arms and playing the objective. It's kinda sad IMO.

So tell me, what do you hate the most in this game? If you made it through the entire wall of salt, thank you so much, it means something :p .
    • Up x 7
  2. Klabauter8

Just play Infiltrator, or ESF if you are sick of the "teamplay".
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

My biggest pet peeve is the zerging, but I am still in love with the game. Just today, I got my FIRST auraxim :D (gauss saw)
  4. Valenz

*le gasp*

MASTER :O
  5. JohnGalt36

People who think medics owe them healing or rez are the worst.

I don't play it often, and heal/rez as much as possible when I do, but I will purposely pass people over once they start ******** in prox chat like I owe them something. Unless you're paying for my membership, don't tell me how to play the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

[IMG]

Fnckin' exactly! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  7. The Rogue Wolf

Always remember: To the other guy, you're the idiot who needs to go drown in a fire.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ziggurat8

Support never gets any glory. You're just crazy to think it should be otherwise.

Did you know it takes 5-6 soldiers to support every front line fighter in real world military? You think they get any glory or recognition? Once on a while they get a well done pat on the back.

This world loves the Alpha dogs. The ones doing the fighting. Defeating the enemy. Or do you think you can rep your way to victory? Just accept it and move on. Yes, you're critical to the battle. Yes, you probably helped the cause more than all the KDR ****** combined. It still doesn't matter.

If you need your name at the top of a list you're gonna have to be a slayer. Just the way it is.
    • Up x 1
  9. JonnyBlue

I think the game is suffering bigger problems than you describe just yesterday I was redeploying like mad to avoid the huge long range pew pew tank battles that sort of killed every infantry battle I was in , In fact at times it seemed there were more tanks on the field than infantry.

Although I love PS2 I can understand why new people may quit the game , The constant farming by vehicles and snipers sort of dictates how people play this game and that's not good.
    Of course you will get the smartarses who say you can avoid snipers and Vehicles and to that yep your right you can sit in the spawn-room all-day:p

You also mention the KDR and I agree people act like they don't care and lets face it if you play infantry you don't really care about KDR as you don't get a choice to but seeing the same people in there vehicles day in day out cry's out I'm a KDR *****.

PS2 is unique and a great game but underneath all that is an unbalanced mess where combined arms is another term for farming infantry , In any other pvp MMO the player base would be screaming for nerfs and fair play but to be fair to the Ps2 community they take it on the chin and get on with it.
  10. Diilicious

team mates are insufferable yep, 100% thats why ive played this game alone for 99% of the time ive been playing, from start to current day. there are like 5 people i will play with but only when i need a gunner for my tank, otherwise i dont really see them besides from one. I never join public groups or squads w/e they are called. and i very very rarely see factions doing anything that has made me want to join them or even believe that the other people around me were not simply bots.

but the thing is i see the same attitudes from other people in other factions that arent NC, the headless chicken broken AI. there are like maybe 10 people per faction on cobalt that I can identify as being actually cunning and intelligent, and without one of the people that i employ as gunner from time to time, these people are normally unkillable without some kind of luck (vehicle combat)

and maybe i sound elitist as **** but ive grown not to care, most of the people that play this game on my faction will get me killed or are literally just persons that have had about a hundred brain hemorrhages. like the guy IAintYeller who claimed I was helping VS because there was a VS lightning reversing around a rock, faster than my vanguard could catch him especially because of the angle i was tilted at i couldnt shoot him and so we just kept going around and around this rock and it was hilarious, like tom and jerry or something, he comes over and tries to kill the VS lightning with C4 and is shot in the face, at which point he proclaims to ME "your going to pay for that" in tell chat. like in tom and jerry i stop going around the rock in the same direction as the VS guy and turn around, the lightning comes around and we blow it up and mvoe on. then in a fight a few moments later i get tk c4'd by the member of the Hemorrhage survivors club.

80% of both team mates and enemies have no eyes whatsoever. there was a time recently, maybe last week now where I had snuck around in the small hills of south amerish next to the south warpgate (which was my own) we had been warpgated by TR at this poing and their tanks were assaulting people trying to leave, this is fine but nobody on my faction besides myself had the intelligence to get to where i was where nobody was watching, and then i managed to get INBETWEEN the enemy tanks in my vanguard and was blowing them up from the inside and nobody knew what was happening, you could see them pulling back, their turrets would turn past me as they tried to reverse out of harms way never realising that I was in the middle of them all just laying all about me.

I killed seven lightnings two prowlers and a sunderer before anybody even realised I was hostile to them. people so tunnel visioned on what was infront of them they arent paying attention to literally anything else. and sure that might be a nice story to tell, but id rather not be able to tell it, id rather my enemies were as cunning and as devious as I am, people like Abraxasian, Ubizza, NoLimit90 on VS or Hilmacheater & Skillox on TR, people that arent just mindless drones and are actually extremely dangerous, sadly most people just get farmed over and over and never seem to learn anything from being farmed, both allys and enemies. with my example even if they couldnt see me, they could still have heard my tank, every MBT has a very specific sound signature.

which brings me to the last point of my rant of things that annoy me besides stupid people the world over, is that 99.9999999% of people have no ears, they play as if they are completely deaf. even my best planetside buddy im literally constantly telling "get some decent headphones" or actually no, now its just devolved to me just answering "headphones" whenever he asks me "how the hell did you know X was Y" over discord. so so so so so many times, countless times I have watched needless deaths from afar where if the person/people in question just had ears they would understand what is happening and why they are now going to die.

Almost all of the time you will hear an enemy waaaaay before you see them, this is the biggest advantage you could have in vehicle combat, every impact sound is specific to a certain enemy, every weapon firing sound is specific to a particular threat. before you see the enemy you will have heard how many times a sound is played, so you will already know how many enemies there are minimum, as well as a good idea of their distance and position in relation to you. how can people not take advantage of this?

that was a longer rant than i wanted it to be.
    tl;dr, people being blind, deaf, and stupid, in all factions, not just nc... is the worst part of this game by a long margin
  11. TR5L4Y3R

welcome to planetside 2 ... you want to play as a team? get ready to be shouted over be called a bot, idiot a **** or worse ... and people blaming each other for their faults .. way to give an impression guys ...
  12. pnkdth

I wonder if it has ever occurred to you that it is because of that large group of idiots you are able to even perform your little flank? How do you think you'd fare if everyone was looking in your direction? What if people followed you? Wouldn't that enable someone else to flank? I wonder if the person flanking then would look at you as the idiot, wondering why you aren't employing their cunning move.

The vehicle combat you describe is much like playing an infiltrator. The more people I have around me, the harder I am to pick out and the easier it is for me to flank because, well, they are not look at me. You do not really have to be an infiltrator for this to work either.

I think this is the reason I love PS2. The chaos and uncertainty. Battle lines form, move, change, and disappear. Rather than bots performing their scripted tasks you have people around you who see different things from you, what if they are responding to a threat immediate to them thus failing to see the threat you identify as immediate? They can't just ignore theirs, you can't ignore yours, and random chance and skill will determine who's right.

Though if it bothers you this much, lead a platoon or just a squad. If you are a good leader people will follow you based on good results. As someone who's done it though, it can get very stressful even under perfect conditions and awesome players. Also, get ready to get shot a lot as you're looking at the map. Feels damn good when you make something work though or beat long odds. Feels even better when people start trusting you. Takes a bit of patience and effort though and NEVER try to order people around like you're da boss.
    • Up x 1
  13. adamts01

Everyone wants non-stop, mindless action with zero consequences for death, no strategy required, and no downtime for being stupid.... So the game is full of mindless lemmings, this is what you get.
  14. TR5L4Y3R

except people dieing keeps them from capturing/defending a base .. the faction that knows how to plan their engagements better will be more likely to win the continent in the long run ..
  15. Eternaloptimist

So basically, the the message from OP is that the game is fine, it's just a lot of the players who are the problem. I get that. I also get that we all need to unload our frustrations sometimes.

Speaking for myself, I only play support classes like Medic and Engie when there are clearly a lot of people around who need them. I'd like to say it is entirely because I'm a team player but it is at least as much because of the xp potential as anything else.

There is no cure for egocentric idiocy I'm afraid, so I've kind of got used to the lemmings and the bandwaggon jumpers by now. I do sometimes wonder if they realise that all those other avatars running about the place are real people playing the game and not bots though..............

One of the things I hate is driving all the way to attack another base (I usually pull a sundy, just because there is always room for one more, not because I am a dedicated vehicle user), then it gets blown after I've deployed/dumped it, I get killed and then find (a) no one else took a sundy and (b) I can't get there again from the nearest spawn before the base caps.

My only ohter peeve is the self-appointed in game judges who tell you how you should be playing and shoot you if you don't respect their 'authoritah'. Doesn't happen to me that oftern though and dropping a few bounties on them usually makes me feel a whole lot better about it.
  16. stalkish

Examples of idiocy:
    You start stabilising a generator, watch a friendly HA enter the room and crouch next to the generator and start stabilising it himself. This quickly followed by an enemy HA whos chasing him, killing us both.....

Drop over the Crown to defend it, see all 3 points are RED, notice every single one of your 30+ friendlies concentrates solely on the well defended A point while ignoring the almost completely unguarded B and C.

Watch as your empire loses base after base after base, because they want to sit in a ******* Bio Lab. Said fight of course gets ended by the enemy locking the cont due to a complete lack of interest in the VPs by most players.
    • Up x 1
  17. adamts01

Anyone who's serious about locking continents will tell you that a good k/d isn't at all important. There isn't much strategy to this game at all, sadly, just point the lemmings to one warpgate then the other. As long as deaths don't matter, then it's all about numbers, which is why mindless zerging has evolved in to the be all end all strategy. It's a broken game that needs a complete reconstruction to survive.
    • Up x 1
  18. JonnyBlue

Base after Base are lost cos infantry don't want to get farmed by Vehicles that stroll straight into the centres of some bases and bombard the spawn points , The fights in Bio Labs are pure infantry fights and are fantastic so I cant blame people for sitting there at least there not getting farmed by the tin can mong gang that wouldn't know what a pair of legs feel like unless its to repair there tractor for more farming duties.
  19. stalkish

[IMG]
    You're playing the wrong game m8.
    I know its said a lot, but it honestly is true.
    If you're scared of vehicles you should try something else like COD, but be aware, people use vehicles on COD if they get a large enough killstreak.
    This WaaaaaWaaaaa Mommmyyyyy vehicles are runing my fights, is ********.
    You need to stop being such an entitled little **** to be quite honest.
    Planetside does not exist to give you your ****** glitchy buggy ******** infantry fights, its supposed to be a mix of everything.
    Try for once stepping out of your comfort zone, grab a vehicle and fight back.
    The level of cowardice around here is beyond anything ive experienced before.

Heres a little tip for you, if you die in PS2 you still live in reality, your monitor wont explode like a claymore the second you die. Grow some balls man FFS.

I feel ashamed every time i read some1 saying that, humanity has devolved into a bunch of whinning cowards.
    Im glad theres isnt a fascist regime attempting to conquer the world with mass genocide today, you lot would be too scared to fight back......
  20. JonnyBlue

Want more salt with you chips , Actually I did pull a Lightning the other night on my TR guy for the directive and ended up with a mere 24 kills and 3 deaths and I don't even drive tanks.

It seems I'm playing the wrong game cos I want to fight on an even playing field where skill actually can be rewarded rather than sit in a fortress that can kill you in 1 shot or splash damage you to death while having the advantage of pulling back and repairing if it gets a little to hot.

I'm fully aware anyone can pull a tank but that seems to be the problem the casual tank user is fine but the idiots who sit in there tanks all day while the poor infantry cant take a base is borderline stupidity however there not intrested in taking the base there more bothered about shooting the spawn points.

It wouldn't be as bad if they fixed AV weapons apart from C4 and Mines most are useless unless used in a squad scenario RL need at least 4-5 hits on a MBT , Max AV is lackluster if you don't play NC:p and Engineer turrets are hard to hit with if you can even set them up without getting sniped or blown to pieces.

You obviously endorse long range pew pew if they have tanks we pull tanks and ill be honest with you it dosent do the game any favors it ruins the fluidity of game makes it boring.

And to be fair to your last sentence I served 9 yrs in Royal Signals the last 4 in 206 Airmobile saw service in various countries while doing stints in 3ADSR and 2nd infantry Div.

Have you Served?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.