[Suggestion] BFG-esk NS heavyweapon

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TR5L4Y3R, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TR5L4Y3R

could we have something like this?

(2:19)

or this?

(2:34)

or this?

(2:47)

hope timestamps work
    (edit: screw timestamping :/)

now before you scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOF******************PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

let´s of course planetsidetize it (that´s a word now)

soooo
    here is the idea
    have it as a heavy assault toolslotweapon (not primary) that however uses not standart RL munition but instead makes use of the grenadeslot ... meaning if you unlock this weapon you can fire it only once by default (and lose access to the grenadeslotoptions as it is used for this weapon too) but extend its ammo with the grenadebandolier to up to 4 and of course engineers won´t be able to resupply it .. ammo costs nanites like 75 or 100 ...

how shall it function?:
    let it have 2 modes bound to LMB and RMB

LMB fires (with a bit of delay like 0.5 sec) a slowmoving orb with a timer like 2 or so seconds that goes through infantry and does both dmg when near or touches infantry and when it detonates with a relatively fair AoE like C4, orb detonates like flak near aircraft ... does not detonate when hitting a wall or armor but won´t move further ..

RMB fires a charged up beam (like lancertypes) that also passes/pierces through infantry but has less AoE (grenadesizesplash or less) when impacting any surfice or armor but compared to LMB does more dmg

like the light assaults rockletrifle this weapon has no ADS
    as for anti vehicle/armor dmg i think it should do require shots to destroy like

max - 2 orbs, one beam (kill or close to death?)
    flash - 1 shot with any
    harrasser - 2 orbs (1 fire), 1 beam
    lightning - 3 orbs (2 fire) or 2 from the back , 2 beam (1 fire) or one from back
    MBT - 4 orbs (3 fire from back), 3 beams

esf - one with any
    valk - 2 orbs (1 fire), 1 beam
    Lib - 3 orbs (2 fire), 2 beam
    Gal - 4 orbs, 3 beams

downsides:
    very loud weapon with recogniseable startupsound
    Orb has grenadewarningmarker on it
    while equiped x0.5 movement multiplyer

personal name suggestion if it ain´t taken already: NS FusionParticleCannon 8052 Executor ....

.... thoughts? any suggestions or changes? am i too crazy with this?
  2. Eternaloptimist

So, basically a big 'ole Lasher / Lancer cross but doing a lot of damage, yes?

I'm not sure NS does powerful weapons or advanced/alien tech tbh. Their thing seems to be easy to use, traditional weapons with higher than average ttk.

The only energy weapon I can remember seeing in the NS arsenal is the shooty thing on the Ameterasu knife (and that sounds pretty meh)
  3. TR5L4Y3R

wasn't there a NS rl directive weapon that causes mini black holes?
  4. TR5L4Y3R

this should be
    4 orbs (3 fire from back), 3 beams (2 fire) or 2 from back

also forgot sunderers which would be 4 orbs (3 fire from back), 3 beams (2 fire from back)

why is the editfunction time limited? i don´t realy understand ...
  5. DeathSeeker

You talking about the directive rocket Launcher, Kraken that has the C-4 ARX effect?
  6. TR5L4Y3R

yupp ... don´t know bout the ARX