[Guide] Auraxium SMGs: what changed and why

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iridar51, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Iridar51

2. Rhello

As a guy who had 4500-ish kills with the first iteration of the Shuriken, I can tell you it felt way better with the added ADS accuracy, extended mags with regular reload, rather than forward grip + Ext mags, and HVA not giving all of its benefits in the first place, but worse, actually giving the downside of it, putting the range down to 4 and 8 meters, which is freaking abysmal in the first cases (Shuriken and Tempest), and mediocre on the Skorpios.

Overall, those SMGs should've gotten :

-semi extended mags (5 more rounds) with a forward grip.
    -precision barrel (0.2 ADS accuracy) or a silencer like on the aurax pistols atm,
    -and either some SPA without negative effects, or the benefits from both HVA and SPA but with first shot multiplier penalty and higher vertical recoil as it was.

Useful, check. Better at range, check. Harder to use than vanilla SMGs, check. It's not that hard to actually read the feedback, so why aren't devs reading any of it, or playing with said guns in the first place ? The devs managed to make the guns worse than what they were, which is an achievement itself. I said it and I'll say it again, SPA is way more useful for mid range than HVA, adding longer reload times just puts the final nail in the coffin, taking the three auraxium SMGs from mediocre yet viable, to the state where they're just awful.
  3. Iridar51

This here is a prime example of why I say auraxium weapons turned out to be a huge mistake. For some reason they cause a disproportionate amount of drama, and every hole in the ground has an opinion about what should they be. Instead of being just a nice shiny reward that commands respect by the sheer fact of owning it, auraxium weapons are pain points of the community and a source of endless debates.

You get a weapon for free. Be grateful. Don't like it - use something else. Simple as that.
  4. CaptCran

Got the Shuriken Auraxium medal long ago. Held onto that gun way too long (6,137 kills). Wasn't too bad going through the smg directive. Just had to know what set up to use with which smg. The NS-7 PDW was a hip firing machine for me. Had that smg done in a day or so. SMG-46 ARMISTICE was crazy good for me all around (best accuracy for the smg pool). Other smg's meh..... is what it is.
  5. Campagne

I'm inclined to agree with this, but I feel that if the intention was for them to be "trophies" of a sort there must have been a miscommunication somewhere that transformed them into disappointments. A real slap to the face, in my opinion. After all, that's what the banners are for.

That said, I feel that this is very much one of the many scenarios where "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" doesn't apply. I'd have rather gotten nothing than an Executive.