Kills not showing in chat.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Illuminations, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Illuminations

Evening.

Recently, the messages saying "You Killed [Name]" has started to act strangely, and are not showing up.
    A long time ago, apparently, it was caused by (I presume?) a bug when you were in an outfit, which I am. Now, they do not show up at all in the chat log. None of the notification-settings makes the messages comes back.

Anyone with similar issues?
    • Up x 2
  2. Eternaloptimist

Well, I got killed by someone just now and it showed his avatar picture but the rest of the kill screen just said "0 dmg" and a skull and crossbones - no name or weapon (like when you suicide). So I guess the kill/death reporting function is buggy atm
  3. FieldMarshall

I have the same problem, and i find it especially annoying.
    Because whenever i accidentally TK someone, i stop everything im doing, click their name in the killchat and click send tell with a "sorry" message.
    When i TK xXxdatAuruxensykorgplebdestroyer360xXx and his name doesent show up in the chat, i have to tab out, go to my player page and look at my killboard there just to get their name.
    • Up x 1
  4. HappyStuffin

Please bring back who we killed in chat. Especially important so that we can apologize for the occasional TK...
    • Up x 2
  5. MrMinistry30

Yepp, same problem here. Please bring is back ASAP so we can apologize appropriately!
    • Up x 1
  6. Illuminations

That's exactly how I have been forced to do it aswell..!
    • Up x 1
  7. ResearchPrevails

I notice if I get TK'd, it doesn't say who killed me in the chat (so no way to get some C4 revenge on dumb drivers.)

It also doesn't name the friendly I just TK'd, either, so no way to apologize and avoid C4 revenge when I'm being a dumb driver.

For enemies it's hit or miss. Oftentimes I'll be engaging a target and it'll say "200xp kill" on my screen, and the enemy does indeed die, but I get no name. Happens 100% with mines, too: doesn't say who I killed, doesn't say who killed me.
  8. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Thanks. The Issue has been Tracked and forwarded to the QA Team.
  9. BrbImAFK

Clearly you are not NC players..... :p
  10. Liewec123

this!
    it sucks having to V+8 instead of actually being able to apologise when lame vehicle physics causes your tank to go sliding down a hill sideways at 60 mph and roadkill an ally.

also why do we still get construction spam notifications "X lost a core!" "Y gained a core!" "a core has gone neutral!"
    but stuff we need to know like who killed us or who we killed is a low priority?! o_O