[Suggestion] More ammo options for ES Heavy Weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

TR Mini-Chaingun:
    • Now has access to SPA

VS Lasher:
    • Now has access to HVA

NC Jackhammer:

• Now has access to Slug ammo
    • Up x 1
  2. LaughingDead

hue, hva.
    It's not bad mind you, just I find it funny that they would only go like 15 meters faster.
  3. Archard

I would actually use Slug ammo on my Jackhammer.

Anything to make auraxiuming the thing faster so I can bury and forget about it.
  4. MrMinistry30

woohoo, and VS gets the useless ammo type... thanks a lot

No, seriously:

TR: the 5% less velocity as a drawback for 15 meters (that's +50%) max dmg range for SPA is a joke so everyone will buy it
    NC: slugs are personal preference but with the 3-shot-burst mode it is still a one-burst-kill so not a bad option at all

so both options are absolutely viable.

VS: 5% higher velocity (generally not more or less noticable as the 5% less at SPA) for 20% less maximum damage range? SERIOUSLY???

I mean since the change of HVA functionality it has become even more useless than it was before but attaching it to the lasher would be a whole new level of rediculousness. That would bring the already amazing 100m/s up to a space and time warping 105m/s.
    Make that 400m/s (smg velocity, so still very low) and remove/lower the max damage range reduction (so it has no noticable drawback like the other 2...) and we can talk about it again, otherwise HELL NO!
  5. BurntMyWater

Since it's been pointed out that the benefits of HVA would be trivial on the Lasher, maybe it would be better if the ammo types were tweaked a bit for the three ES heavy guns. They are unique weapons, surely their ammo types could be different from standard HVA or SPA.
  6. BurntMyWater

On another note, i want a T7 MCG that fires Banshee rounds.
    BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT
  7. Liewec123

BLASPHEMY! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

20 less?

HVA increases the minimum damage range by 20m, not decreases it.

DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GAME?
  9. Scr1nRusher

HVA actually would help the Lasher out.

Better velocity & better at range effectiveness.
  10. Scr1nRusher

If you consider what it does...... its actually quite helpful.
  11. LaughingDead

15 meters faster is almost nothing, it IS an increase to the effectiveness of the weapon, but it's incredibly slight.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Also consider the minimum damage range increase.

The Lasher does struggle with velocity and range.
  13. LaughingDead

Thing is lasher was never a long range weapon in the first place, it was and still is used for the AoE, HVA would increase the projectile speed and damage at long range but honestly that would do so little in the long run, all I'm pointing out.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Still, it would give Lasher users a option.
  15. MonnyMoony

IMO the Lasher is crying out for a charge up mode (like a larger......and effective version of the Spiker's switchable chargeup).

You could use the area suppression mode like now - but also switch to charge up which would fire a single wide area damage shot (almost akin to a grenade).
  16. MrMinistry30

@Scr1nRusher: (extract from PS2Wiki)

"The High Velocity Ammunition (HVA) is certification for ammo slot, that increases minimum damage range by 20m for all weapon types and velocity by 5%, but decreases maximum damage range by 2m"

"decreases maximum damage range by 2m"

Just i canse you weren't too good at math: 2m out of 10m is 20%...

So tell me: "DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GAME?"
    You better lgo and learn the difference between MAXIMUM and MINIMUM damage!

As i said before, 5% higher velocity and 20m more MINIMUM dmg range are very useless for a weapon with a velocity of 100m/s. make it 400m/s by adding HVA and it starts being useful.
  17. Scr1nRusher

lol You edited your comments.
  18. Beerbeerbeer

I wish they went one step further and put in even more ammo types. That's one thing I actually like about PS1: ammo choices and how much if each you carried.

In any case, I wouldn't mind a little more flavor in these niche weapons that are an afterthought here, but were a showcase in the previous game.
  19. EPIC389

What you could do is make a special ammunition type, call it volatile plasma or something that increases the splash damage and radius of the lasher. That i feel would make a decent attachment. I don't see too many problems with the other two
  20. MrMinistry30

@Scr1nRusher:

you can't admit if you are not right, can you? Dude, it is ok to be wrong sometimes but maybe you shoud just not be as arrogant and ask people if they "...EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GAME?" when you haven't read carefully enough or just don't know some of the Facts.
    If i had edited my posts there would be a line on the lower right corner of the post so stop telling b*******t!

I will edit this one just to give you an example of how an edited post looks like.

Now look into the lower right corner of this post!