Quick det Flash grenades

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CrimsonEclipse5, Dec 3, 2016.

1. CrimsonEclipse5

Appear to be entirely useless...

I toss one into a room, get a hit marker, charge in, and get immediately gunned down.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do they actually work? Has anyone had any success using them?

On a side note, are regular flash grenades any good? I've never tried them...
  2. Iridar51

Both flash grenades have effect radius similar to a standard frag grenade - only a couple of meters. So you won't be blinding a whole room of players with just one flash grenade. They make breaching easier, but don't guarantee success.

Quick-det flash grenades are the only ones worth using in standard play, as normal flash grenades have excessively long detonation timer.

Overall, no, I wouldn't call flash grenades useful. Or at least, not any more useful than standard frags, which is pretty useless indeed. On the other hand, at leas with frags you can safely clear out enemy deployables, while flash grenades are strictly for infantry combat.

It's nice to have them when you have them, but they're not gonna be a turning point of your strategy.
  3. CrimsonEclipse5

So I'm better off running smoke and thermals then for my LA? (Why do our grenades have to be so damn bad?) I've actually had some success doing that, unlike every other grenade type...
  4. Iridar51

Smoke and thermals is even worse. Right now smoke simply doesn't do its job in PS2.
    • Up x 1