LA update

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kanelbullen300, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Kanelbullen300

When will we get our CoF penalty removal while jetting?
  2. kr47er

today.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Today in the PTS, not anywhere else by the looks of it.

Which is strange, since it was already available on the PTS and there's not really much against adding it. The only "OP" thing you could do with it is using drifters and mauling someone at high-speed, but considering you sacrifice your ADAD capabilities, ADS capabilities and have to fight momentum to change your direction which makes you extremely predictable and an easy target, it's not OP in the slightest.

Edit: Krazy is right, it's today.
  4. CrimsonEclipse5

PRASE VANU! TODAY IS THE DAY!
    Rejoice my LA brethren, Drifter jets will be useful outside of C4 fairying.

Additionally, our class will gain a unique advantage in direct combat :D

Three cheers for DBG! HUZZAH!

On a side note: WHERE IS MY ROCKLET RIFLE?!
    • Up x 1
  5. kr47er

they need to implement it on smg & pistol now
  6. CrimsonEclipse5

Honestly, no. (ok maybe on sidearms) Reason being, Carbines are trash, so allowing LA to use them without hipfire penalty while jetting isn't strictly speaking OP. If you could use ALS SMGs while jetting, there would be uproar. It would be far too good. Even now, the CQC carbines have increased COF while jetting over the other types of carbine.

It's not that I don't want it or wouldn't use it. It's that it really would be too good, and from what I can infer from the patch notes, the devs have arrived at the same conclusion. Then again, I could be wrong, and maybe this is just phase one. If the nopenalty on carbines doesn't result in all that big of a change in the stats of carbines on LA, then maybe we will see similar changes for other weapon classes.
  7. Iridar51

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. CrimsonEclipse5

Relative to most other weapon types, they underperform both theoretically, and in actual statistics taken from the game. To be fair this isn't entirely because the weapons are bad, but rather because the two classes which have access to them don't have any abilities which give them a direct advantage in straight up combat while using carbines (until now ofc, as LA can now do silly flying things up close with far more favourable dice rolls). I'd be interested to see how the KPH of carbines changes now that LA can use them more effectively, but that's beside the point.

I confess, saying that they are trash is an exaggeration, however they are extremely limited in their effective range in comparison to LMGs and many ARs, and their damage per mag is mostly terrible, with a few exceptions.
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

I can't help but to just keep spreading hands in question. Carbines are wonderful, magnificent, beloved, ingenious pieces of weapon manufacturing. They're among most well balanced weapons in the game. Their DPM isn't worse or better than for ARs for the same faction, and what they lose in ranged performance is well compensated by gains in CQC performance.

And the weird part is that CQC carbines often have better mid range performance than CQC ARs due to better recoil.

Unlike SMGs or Shotguns, which are way undertuned, carbines are actual competitive weapons. Trash? Weak? Nonsense. Limited in range - yes. Extremely? No.
  10. CrimsonEclipse5

I feel as though you and I have had very different experiences with Carbines...

I might be biased by the fact that I'm coming up on my 4th aurax for the Carbine directive, and so I'm getting a bit sick of them, but still.
  11. Iridar51

Probably. Carbines were the first thing I auraxiumed for TR, and then moved on to less versatile weapons, SMGs -> Shotguns -> knives. Compared to them, carbines are god weapons :D
  12. CrimsonEclipse5

Hehe yeah, once I finish up with the Pulsar C and then the VX6-7, I'm going to try and aurax the Force Blade for the Force Recon directive... Fun times ahead...
  13. Iridar51

It took me about a couple of years to auraxium a knife through natural LA play. I've only tryharded for the last 100 kills or so, when directives came out. Good luck :D
  14. CrimsonEclipse5

I've got about 150 kills with it after 4 years of on and off play... Gonna try out stalker cloak with QCX and see how we go. I expect much salt to flow, though I'm not sure whether it will be from me or the people I kill...
    • Up x 1
  15. kr47er

1st, smgs only have more magazine than carbines, in every other aspect carbines are superior.

2nd, In the other hand, if smgs dont get this benefit the only LAs using them are the ones that are hunting the armor directive.
    I'll tell you more, if shotguns get the PTS update, the carbines will be even better considering this new benefit.

but I've looked to the PTS shotguns and I smell those nerfs are to compensate the incoming airbourne CoF benefit on them, so imo it'll be balanced (related to carbines & shotguns)