[Suggestion] Remove C4's Blast Radius when placed on vehicles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Gundem

C4 isn't a shaped charge, so it shouldn't damage MBT's?

Nanites. When the nanites embedded in the Araxium-based explosives nicknamed "C4" detects it's been placed on an armored vehicle, they rapidly re-arrange the molecular structure of the explosive and transform it instantly into a shaped charge capable of penetrating deep into the hardest of armor.

Aaaaand realism. You're welcome.
  2. JP_Russell

Egh. I don't see a problem with the way it currently works, personally.
    • Up x 2
  3. Eternaloptimist

I got one of the only two bounty kills I've ever had when someone I didn't even know was there got caught in the blast when I blew a sundy with C4.

You could rationalise leaving it the way it is by "pretending" that the ammo or fuel on board a vehicle cooking off caused the nearby damage to others. Or bits of red hot armour plate whizzzing through the air. Or something like that.
  4. Demigan

Better realism: "c4" is a nanite package that can deconstruct things. Deconstruction on a nanoscale level makes just about any armor useless. The speed with which they turn the target to litteral dust particles causes the air to heat up and the dust to catch fire, creating the illusion of an explosion. The nanites can be created to deconstruct some materials better than others, explaining the different damage models against different targets.
    The lack of shrapnel and perfect AOE can also be explained with this, not to mention the damage falloff: the nanotes take longer to get there and have less time to deconstruct before they expire.

Deconatruction nanites are far easier and cheaper to create, which can explain the free ammo and how any size av weapon can damage any type armor.
    • Up x 4
  5. Gundem

Personally, I agree. But there are a few special snowflakes who like to make a big stink about C4, so remove their excuse for nerfing it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

I think "nerf C4" is probably the single most popular forum topic after HA overshields, NC Max shotguns and ZOE. Does anyone measure these things?

Maybe C4 will get toned down when LAs get some sort of decent additional weapon, like the rocket rifle or something. I know most other classes can use it too but what else does the LA have to deal damage with apart from primary weapon and 'nade that everyone else also carries?
  7. Tankalishious

C4 is fine as it is. Next topic.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gundem

Please thoroughly re-read this thread. You've misconstrued my intentions.
  9. kr47er

when i joined this game c4 was one of the first things I ulocked...it looked ( and still looks fo me ) nerfed to hell...dat throw & detonate delay...low gravity fall...long animation for detonating it...
  10. Newlife1025

c4 is my best friend