[Actually serious] Nerf headshots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Ximaster

Personally,i put more defense with nanoweave armor versus volt action snipers on headshots...but u need at least Rank 3 on a non infiltrator class and Rank 5 on an infiltrator class...my personal opinión of course.
  2. adamts01

It's no different than here. You have e-sports kids that grew up glued to their computers that can 360 no-scope you and then you have normal people that just want a fun game to chill out and play with friends after work. There's not a right or wrong solution, just a balance to make as many people as content as possible. If strategy and maneuvering play more of a role than twitch aiming, it would make me happy, but I can absolutely see where it would piss some guys off. But if that's what they're in to, there are a ton of games that seem much better suited to that. The only real argument that gets me is that these changes take skill away from the game. It's a FPS!!! The better shot will always win!!! And if more tactical thinking was involved, it would be good for these kids.
  3. DarkJackal

The chief problem with the above is the fact that most combat takes place in a little 10 meter box sized area. Not 20, 40, or 50 meters.

Ten Meters.

If you cannot win fights at 10 meters with a default gun then you have to figure out why you cannot consistently land shots. It is the easiest combat range to fight in after all and one that will improve your consistency.

Being consistent is key.

Once you have practice being consistent at 10 meters I cannot imagine you to complain about head shots as you should have developed the core competency to hit someone with a FPS as an infantry shooter.

Good luck.
  4. Bealsabub

Wait is this serious?
  5. Yessme

no the nerf 2015, for headshots , was to reduce the hitbox and Multi. that was the nerf.
    they removed NW for HS, because HA was time ago more powerfull than a Max.
    NW + shild + HA shild was too strong for every other class.
    thats why they removed them from all class, because of Balance in basefights, HA vs. LA, Engii or Sani
  6. TheChris

I think we should Nerf everything.
    Grenades are Cottonballs soon.
    Sidearms = Water Pistols
    LMG = Toothpick-Thrower
    Assault Rifles = Peapistol
    Carbines = Supersoaker
    Rocketlaunchers = Throws Bread
    Tankmines = Grilled Toast
    And so on :D

Nerf headshots ? Serious ? Play other games. in most cases is a headshot a 1-hit-kill and in ps2 it isnt.
  7. Campagne

A high-velocity bread cannon? Make it happen DBG. :p
  8. Exitus Acta Probat

Ok, but only if they nerf body shots by a proportionate amount, then buff all damage done by all weapons and or vehicles(everything) a equal amount as was nerfed on head and body shots respectively.

Then I think I would be ok with it.
  9. Ziggurat8

I think head shots should do 3x or 5x damage. You get shot in the head you're pretty much dead or unconscious, pretty simple.

I do however think that HS should not do extra damage through the shield. Why does a kinetic barrier shield protect your face less than the rest of your body? It would also make waiting for your shield to regen before engaging far more important.
  10. Pikachu

11. LaughingDead

Because extensions of the shield can be draining on the overall effectiveness of the shield itself?
    Maybe the shield has to be further away from the head than the rest of the body and puts a strain on that area?
    Maybe the armor itself acts as a sort of catalyst for the shield making it so that it is stronger around the armored parts of the body but due to weight limitations and integration of hud systems on standard helmets it could not be as well applied to the head.
    I mean everyone has a little marker on their helms to tell marked targets, the helmets do not provide as much protection because they need systems in place for logistic purposes to spot enemies and track weapon systems.
  12. Ziggurat8

Uh huh.

Except that if I was designing protective equipment the most vital parts of the body should be the best protected. With the way the 21st century protective equipment is I would almost think that the "invisible" kinetic shield would protect the head and neck since you can't armor over the eyes and maintain effectiveness. while the actual physical armor would be concentrated around the torso arms and legs. Of course with upgrades to HUD technologies the head could be completely encased with only needing a way for air to be accessible. Since a helmet doesn't need to bend or flex it would probably be the strongest armor provided you could make it light enough.

That would make sense as to why head shots don't do extra damage if you wanted to go that way. Though concussive force would still inflict brain damage if the head was moved fast enough by it.
  13. LaughingDead

No, you need to bend your neck and turn your head right? Your helmet absorbs the kinetic damage and stops the bullet, that much is true, however as you said the concussive force damages your brain. As for shields the layering of the armor says enough, since you don't have much room to work with on the helmet, it's a small space, as such you can only do so much with it, the shields are weakest there because of how the armor layering works. Makes the most sense.

Also the head is a small target, if the scientists devoted more to the head than the actual body then people would just shoot your chest, so instead they focused on a wider area and left a small bit of armor on a smaller target. We can easily determine that most players do not go for headshots in this game, so we could say that the average soldier will not shoot the head (only in terms of the game mind you) so with this assumption in mind, the scientists behind it focused on the body over the head since it would bemore practical.
  14. Ziggurat8

Why would you need room to make a shield work for the head? Concentrating the shield over a smaller area should be easier than spreading the shield over a larger volume. Also looking at the character models the shield generator would most likely be between the shoulders anyway. Since every single class has some kind of a back pack looking thing.
  15. Riksos

Positioning, friendly firing angles, group movement, etc are all present whether headshot bonus damage is 900000% or 1%.

Again, you are getting out played and want to **** other players better than you while preserving the strengths you perceive yourself to have. You are removing another signifier of skill with which players exert their abilities over one-another in competition. The fact that Lebron James makes more baskets per season than a 3rd string PF doesn't mean the game is broken, unbalanced, and in need of "fixing"
  16. FateJH

All this said, the headshot multiplier is still fairly routine. The system could stand a little variation.
  17. Rhello

The time to kill is already very high compared to some other games, slowing it down even more isn't the way to go. Hell, I spent time to improve at FPS', nerfing crosshair positioning and aim isn't the way to reward people who're using NS weapons for example, as the only way to compensate for the very low DPS is by going for headshots. Same goes for sidearms, how will you use a repeater if you deal crappy damage all around, even by going for headshots ?

However, there are instagib weapons which need to be dealt with (fury/renegade) on wraith flash to name a few.
  18. cbplayer

Here is my 2 cents.
    • It would make location and positioning much more important (which honestly would create more dymanic and interesting combat than ""hur hur I will beat you no matter what just because I have better muscle memory"
    • It would be a nerf to solo players and a buff to squads with good communication and coordination (which is much more satisfying than "hur hur muscle skill"
    • It would be a nerf to heavy side 2 and people would actually use other classes.
    I cant really see any negative sides to this other than this would piss off people who depend only on the ability to headshot to win, but I still think people to should be rewarded for this skilled.
    Head shots should count where positioning, location, teamwork and coordination wouldn't really matter such as close quarters combat.
    But really positioning/teamwork>headshots
    • Up x 1
  19. adamts01

Positioning, friendly firing angles, group movement, etc are of course currently in the game, but those things would arguably be more important if people couldn't rely on twitch reflexes to save themselves. And seriously, how would this "**** other players" when the person who lands the most shots wins? That just doesn't make any sense. There's not really any argument that there would need to be more teamwork and strategy if one person couldn't just run in to a room and solo 5 other players, it would take a more combined effort. And like I already stated, this is obviously just personal preference, and not because I feel like I'm dying too much, but because I think it would make the game better, especially with all the lag and what frequently seems like very wonky hit detection. If crazy fast twitchy gameplay is your thing, that's cool too, and I feel like plenty of other games have that covered, and do it MUCH better than Planetside 2 ever could.
  20. Yessme

best nerf for Headshooots issss :

--- shift ----

tadaaaaa :D