Is daybreak intentionally turning off my damage or is it a bug?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghoest, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ghoest

I play on PS4. I played a lot since release then took 5 months or so off mostly.

Since I have come back several weeks ago this keeps happening.
    Ill be hiding somewhere picking people off with my crossbow(heartstring currently) and then it will stop doing damage. This the way I have always played.

Is this a new bug?
    Is this a bug related to heartstring?
    Is this some sort of failed anti-cheat mechanism?
  2. Beerbeerbeer

I've been noticing the first shot with fast-firing vehicle weapons, like the GK or enforcer, won't register sometimes, well maybe more than sometimes. This happens after reloads in particular. Fire a volley and the first shot, while clearly hitting, won't register.
  3. FIN Faravid

Also known as internet. It is server issue or latency - or something like that. Could happen in any game, in some games more and others less. In Planetside 2 there are huge amount of players, so not surprised if it is server issue.
  4. stalkish

Used to happen to tank cannons aswel at one point.
    Happened when firing at max ROF (holding down LMB whilst reloading).

Must be related.
  5. Ghoest

No.

This is definitely not just latency.

-Once it starts happening it continues till I log(Im not sure if respawning fixes it.

- I see the enemy physically react to the shot but there is no damage taken.

-There is not a delay - there is no damage ever when this is occurring.
    • Up x 1
  6. adamts01

You're not hiding in a corner and picking off friendlies are you? Because that will absolutely lock your weapons. Had to ask.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

There's an invincibility bug or it's latency. The servers and game have been running terribly for weeks now and it was bad enough already.

The devs did a back end upgrade and it's fked the game.
  8. Ghoest

NO Im shooting the bad guys. Im the good guy(NC)
  9. user101

Try turning off your routers DoS and see if that helps. Rourters and PS2 don't like each other with bullet packets and to many comming at the router.

If you play in big wild fights you get this with DoS turned on. All the good players have this turned off and they have a 2 core router also for added speed.

Turn off all logging also. This helps speed up the router.