Prowler Totally Not OP vs Hives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Aug 24, 2016.

1. guerrillaman

Right?
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

You're right, TR is strong. And any NC or VS player is a sh-t player for picking the wrong faction. They are too mentally handcapped slapping and licking their monitor to realize it.

Reroll TR or get wrekt. Stop being pieces of sh-t people.
  3. guerrillaman

I guarantee you will be unable to duplicate that using any combination of distance and time with ANY VS or NC double manned vehicle.

If it's fair... you should be able to do it too.

Don't you understand now I play the other factions too? I have ap and GK with lockdown. It's VERY easy.
    • Up x 2
  4. CozmicPS2

Well. At least the combination needed for this is over the 1k certs mark I guess... :/

Btw I'm happy to see you didn't quit :D
  5. Moridin6

so prowlers line up on a hill or something and start shelling. whats to stop vs/nc from spamming them with lancers/ravens? take a gal and c4 fairy that a$$. sev libs. wraith flashes. there are options, almost all require teamwork and coordination and THERE there is the issue when you compare TR to VS and NC, the lack of basic tactics and teamwork(for the most part: emerald)
  6. guerrillaman

Well of course. Every second counts.

TR doesn't need the teamwork. An engineer hears the vanguard and runs over and repairs the turret before its gone.

This is just ONE double manned prowler. If there were three of us, that base was gone in less than a minute. Guaranteed.

One minute ain't **** for time to stop the destruction.
    • Up x 2
  7. guerrillaman

Lol. I did but didn't. Hard to explain but yeah. ...
  8. Taemien

Don't bother. Let him think its OP and crawl back to the spawnroom. I like when people think either what I'm using or my team is ussing is too OP to deal with. Then I can spam their spawn with emp grenades to drop their KDR.

At this point I'm content to let people like this live in their fantasy. Much easier than trying to convince them of basic PS2 gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  9. guerrillaman

If it's not OP go do it yourself with a magrider/vanguard. I've tried. It won't work at that distance and time.

And my prowler isn't even maxed out! LOL
    • Up x 1
  10. guerrillaman

IMO, the reason this is OP is because the base building aspect is IDENTICAL across all factions. This means the defensive measures relating directly to the base are identical. There aren't harder hitting turrets. There aren't extra shielded walls or repair modules.

However, the prowler in this case can take out the defensive measures built into the base without worry.

That's the very definition of imbalance and op.

Load up a few prowlers, line up on a hill, shell the turrets, send in the infantry. EZ
    • Up x 1
  11. Moridin6

youre correct, a prowler on a hill will out dps a maggy or vanny shooting at a *whatever*. thats not what were saying, were saying theres things to counter it. the tanks are not balanced with each other in Most aspects, its a thing. factions as a whole however, are Almost (gear/weapon wise).
    • Up x 1
  12. guerrillaman

Agreed. But check my post above. There is nothing unique that VS or NC has that can be used as a measure against a base to their advantage. TR has long range dps.

You can even shell the base BEYOND the AI modules recognition of being attacked.
    • Up x 1
  13. Moridin6

eh you could lance turrets from damn near render if you have a group.. its just how it is, the prowler gets two shots. at least i have magburn lol
  14. Taemien

In my Vanguard (and I do have a fully certed one) I could just put on sidearmor and get closer and then move back and forth with the side plating and 'tank' the hits that the turret gives out, the ones that hit.

In the Magrider you can pretty much dodge shots.

In both cases a secondary gunner with long range is going to do better. GK's are accurate, but you don't need that level of accuracy vs a stationary target and Enforcer/Saron/Halberd is going to far outdps Gatekeepers.

But no.. keep thinking TR is OP. I love when I'm fighting NC and VS give up without a fight. Keep doing that. You have NO chance vs a Prowler, none.. just /suicide when you see one. Its a forgone conclusion.

I mean I can destroy five of your hives in 3 minutes with a Prowler, don't even bother building them. Hell I can checkmate your King in chess randomly by hitting lockdown. Peyton Manning decided to retire from football because he heard I added extra ammo to my Vulcan.
  15. guerrillaman

Yes. True. But you should really try sometime to take out a hive turret solo. Try to break 20 seconds at 400m. You can't.
    • Up x 1
  16. guerrillaman

If I step up to as maxed out repair engi to whatever turret your trying to burn down with a vanguard/magrider I'll out repair your damage. Prowlers ddmg is so fast in the evidence I just gave that an engineer doesn't even have time to react.
  17. WTSherman

TR pretty clearly have the strongest options for taking out bases at the moment. The Prowler is easily the best MBT to use against structures, and the Striker is an incredibly good anti-structure rocket launcher (it seems to have an abnormally high damage multiplier against structures for some reason).

VS is in second, mainly because of the Lancer. The Lasher is also a factor for modules though, since it can take them out as collateral damage, and the Aphelion, while short ranged, seems to do good structure damage especially with good use of the pulse wave.

The NC pretty much just have to zerg it out, unless they happen to be on terrain that lets them use Phoenixes. The Phoenix is easily NC's best anti-structure weapon, though the introduction of HIVE shields has reduced its ability to straight-up core bases, it is still useful for bypassing walls in order to snipe modules or the silo. It may not have DPS or range, but a Phoenix squad can rip the heart out of a base if they're not countered simply by going for soft targets that other weapons can't reach. Outside of the Phoenix, NC does have Decimators, AV MANA turrets, and C4 just like everyone else. NS to NC's rescue as usual.
    • Up x 3
  18. guerrillaman

And by the way the gatekeeper out dps all of them in a flat 10 second burn. As you can see, it only took 10 seconds. Look it up.
  19. Taemien

So don't play VS or NC then. Delete those characters if its that OP. I bet you won't.
  20. guerrillaman

No. I honestly don't build hives on TRs side of the map.

Many other base builders have decided this as well.

Did you forget all my base building money was spent on NC? You know... and that stuff doesn't carry to other factions?