My CPU will not overclock past 3.9GH'z!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Jul 31, 2016.

1. fumz

i know, right!

if trump showed up and started talking about video games, that's what he would say.
  2. Gundem

I actually solved the problem and am currently running at 4.4GH'z. I could push it higher but my temps get too high for comfort, as while the 212 Hyper is a great fan for it's value it's still a 35$ air cooler.
  3. user101

I truthfully have no idea why this worked this way with PS2... maybe is was the combo of 6 cores with SLI but when I did this the lag in the game vanished for some reason. Even the video processing I us the machine for was just amazing.

I have seen other post about this also about SLI and speed in PS2... PS2 loves SLI if you have it set up correct.

PS2 has some odd stuff it likes to work with.
  4. user101

Watch core 1 that is going to choke you in the game and drop your FPS... remember I use to run 4 cores also...OCed why do you think I have 6 cores now.
  5. Gundem

And I've been getting 90-120 FPS on average now.
  6. orangejedi829

That's good to hear. I'm honestly quite surprised you got it stable at 4.4ghz. What did you change?
  7. Gundem

Overclocked from the BIOS instead of with programs. I was confused as to the method of changing settings within my BIOS, but I figured it out.
  8. fumz

/tips hat.

Nicely done. I predict that a Noctua NH D15 and some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is in your near future.
  9. Eyeklops

I figured this was the problem. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)
  10. orangejedi829

Huh. I find it extremely odd that this would make for a difference in stability. Perhaps the software was editing the base frequency rather than the multiplier?
  11. Eyeklops

In my experience software overclocking of CPU's is notoriously unreliable compared to just getting my hands dirty in the BIOS. I'm not sure of the exact reason tho.