It is so hard to keep a good attitude about this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Aug 2, 2016.

1. gunnner10

Maybe because each faction only wins 33% of alerts? but seriously, feels like I'm losing 66% of the time. Bit of a rage rant here
  2. Pikachu

You're vanu. You win 6 of 10 alerts or something like that.
  3. FateJH

Do you want me to tell you to fourth faction harder?
  4. gunnner10

Is that what I have to do to feel wins and loses are balanced?
  5. FateJH

No, each faction getting a third of the victory pie is already balanced enough. I doubt I'll be able to convince you of that mathematical equilibrium though.

Here, do this instead: pick a dedicated alt faction, even if you're not going to make a character for it. Say, for example, alt B to main A. If A or B wins, count it as your win, even if you are A when B wins or are B when A wins. If C wins, it's your loss. Forcing that sort of binary mask over the game might satiate your perception.
    • Up x 2
  6. Eternaloptimist

Something I'm missing here unless this is an ironic or joke thread. one third of the factions winning one third of the alerts each couldn't really be more balanced. If that is what you think is happening (not so sure it is a universal rule tbh).

I guess it is about what makes you feel positive. Now me, for example, I don't care about the Alerts or continent locks my faction gets so long as I had a damned good fight or the guys I was playing with executed a good co-ordinated action.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheFlamingLemon

Wouldn't that mean teamkilling so that B wins? Bad plan, bad plan.
  8. Lemposs

Man you must struggle a lot with PS2, since losing bases, die to the oddest of things etc. etc., is pretty much the norm :p
  9. guerrillaman

Just alt swap to the faction with highest pop like a bunch of other losers.
  10. LaughingDead

^
    Hey, why not, if it's allowed, it must be healthy for the game!
  11. Targanwolf

Don't think I've ever paid attention to an alert. Never seen a reward that compelled me to pay attention. I go where I hope my play styles will reward me with some success and fun.

With the ability to change faction in seconds.....how can you have any faction pride ?
  12. ColonelChingles

For all servers, out of ~22k alerts, the VS have won ~38%. The TR come in second at ~36%, leaving the NC with ~25%.

On Emerald, the VS win ~41% of the time, which is higher than the VS average.

It's worth noting that on all servers except for Cobalt the NC win the least (on Cobalt it's the TR) and the VS are only the best on Miller, Cobalt, and Emerald.
  13. FateJH

Three out of five's nothing to sneeze at.

To others: what are the PS4 servers like?
  14. Sil4ntChaozz

TR & VS win a lot. NC is NC. Lots of TKers or straight up idiots. When you come across someone who is decent you praise all of the suns.

TR with most pop most times, NC secondmost, VS always underpopulated, but yesterday VS were 1% more then NC! :eek: Doesn't matter cause its VS that usually pulls the 'All your bases belong to us' when its not TR.
  15. Who Garou

Depends on what time of the day that you play and the server that you are on.

Prime-time 8 PM to Midnight EST on Emerald seems to have more balanced Alert turn-over (except if you count Hossin and then it's just whoever decides that they want to cap the place and usually the other two sides back away so the continent gets capped and another one opens up - they usually seem to be routing for Indar if it isn't currently unlocked).
  16. Newlife1025

I guess it is about what makes you feel positive. Now me, for example, I don't care about the Alerts or continent locks my faction gets so long as I had a damned good fight or the guys I was playing with executed a good co-ordinated action.[/quote]
    You know where cam find a good coordinated nc outfit on ps4? Geudine
  17. Newlife1025

I can approve of that. Its like a team of cabooses (red vs blue reference). I was running to engineer looking for a repair, and none of them even batted an eye. I ran to 6 and none helped. Then ibgit teamkilled at the sunderer as i was looking for help. Some days, i think half the people i play wirh are bots.
  18. Targanwolf

I think I've finally gone to the dark side in my thinking about this game. I did stop subscribing.That is the strongest message I can send.
  19. lynx123

same.

if im honest they still won't "get it" some are too late some are just not worthy. most are tryhards. some are conditioned by other games. some are braindead. most are just lazy.
  20. King_Shano

Just make your own fun. Sometimes I'll join a VS/NC fight with a cloaked sunder and just run around and plant claymores on people, or see how long I can blend into a crowd of people charging the point.