GD-22S Vs. Anchor, AGAIN.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Jul 17, 2016.

1. JKomm

I wont go too much into this because that's not what this thread is about, but pump actions with slugs are much better than the semi-auto and automatic shotguns. While aiming down sights there is no need to compensate for bloom or cone of fire because that resets during the pump animation... the other shotguns have a much harder time being used as if you shoot more than two slugs at once you will only hit a third if you are lucky. Their accuracy is absolutely outclassed by carbines and assault rifles, meaning slugs are best used around 0-25m while in ADS... essentially a minor improvement over standard shells(Or what they should be at least).

When you put slugs on a shotgun, it's no longer a scatter weapon, it's a high powered rifle... it needs to act like it at the very least. That's the cost of dealing much lesser damage.
  2. DrakeFang

That's fair. I don't have much experience clocked with semi-auto shotguns in general, so I'm willing to defer here.
  3. GuhMaster2512

The anchor is great if you aim towards the chest area the FSRM pulls your aim up to the targets head and from there pull down to keep your crosshair on your target's head. That being said, the GD-22s is much more versatile. I still use the anchor though because it is a better suit to my playstyle (Aggressive when solo, Point Holding with a squad).
  4. William Petersen

It's weird, I always *feel * like I do better with the GD-22S, but my stats are just a little better with the Anchor.
  5. dfury73

+18k kills with the Anchor in favor of it. I miss soft point on the GD-22S. Its just not as punchy as the Anchor is. I despise the Gauss. I would pick the NS LMG any time over the Gauss. And for real cqc there is always the Jack.
  6. Ryme_Intrinseca

GD-22S
    +Lower first shot multiplier
    +Better recoil angle
    +Higher recoil decrease
    +Lower horizontal recoil
    +Higher muzzle velocity
    +Faster reload

Anchor
    +Higher RoF
    +Better hipfire
    +SPA

The GD-22S clearly has the advantage at range, while the Anchor clearly has the advantage in CQC.
  7. Gundem

I know that's how it's supposed to be, but it seems like I do better at close range with my GD due to the considerably higher accuracy. I can burst at heads with relative ease with the GD, often getting that nasty triple-tink kill on non-HA's at close enough range, but the Anchor just bounces around so much I feel like I'm trying to aim an angry bass at them.

Might just be my lack of experience with the weapon's recoil, but I'm about 400 kills in so far and I'm still not all that happy with it.
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

There can always be things you don't see in the numbers, like some people find the anchor sound offputting. You don't even necessarily know what it is. I remember I had a problem hitting anything with the carv for a long time, and it was only when someone mentioned the muzzle flash that it clicked.
  9. LodeTria

Maybe he reads the forums.