[Suggestion] New load screens: Executions and torture, really? Alternative here.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Tanelorn

They may look nice, and I know this art has been circulating for a while in the community, but the situations are offensive and inappropriate.

Pretty much every scene is a guy from one faction being executed, toyed with prior to execution, etc.

I have a suggestion: Implement an image loader and let us put our own images in a folder in our PS2 folder or in MyPictures. Players who don't do this get the defaults. Then this issue is completely resolved and I'll bet the players will be even happier.
    • Up x 18
  2. Scr1nRusher

The SJW's are coming! The SJW's are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanelorn pls
    • Up x 11
  3. Diilicious

for gods sake you people are everywhere. soon we wil lhave to put up with crap like this

• Up x 6
  4. Pinkpuff

Dude come on, it's been like 20 minutes. It's time to come out and say this thread was just a troll attempt.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jayy

• Up x 5
  6. William Petersen

I'm not a big fan of the load screens either. It's not that it makes me "uncomfortable" or whatever other namby pamby nonsense you want to put in my mouth. It's because the game is supposed to be about epic battles, not 10v1 executions. =-\ I also miss my continental scenery load screens.
    • Up x 8
  7. DooDooBreff

offended? lol... less millenial safe space folder BS. nice try tho 3/10

only thing i have to say about it negative is that in a world of instant nanite based immortality, life has no value, prisoners have no value, and im sure there would be a "no prisoners" policy.
    • Up x 3
  8. Campagne

There sure are a lot of unhappy people on the forums today.

Personally, I some what agree with the OP. While I don't particularly mind the new screens, I rather dislike their subject matter and feel that they inspire players to hate each other.
    • Up x 3
  9. DooDooBreff

yeah, lets not pretend a war game is about killing the other side or anything.
    • Up x 6
  10. Liewec123

• Up x 9
  11. FieldMarshall

Is this for real? Im having a hard time believing that a normal rational human being can be so sensitive.

"Somebody put me back in the fridge"
  12. Pelojian

i can understand their position though, we could use some more neutral ones like the background we have for the game launcher.

It may be a game but people can be annoyed or distressed by different things.

I don't have a problem with them, but it doesn't mean it isn't a real problem though.

I think they should open player studio to player submitted loading screens and have options somewhere to pick which ones we want displayed or picked at random.
    • Up x 2
  13. DeadAlive99

Interesting to see how many people openly support slicing and dicing POW's...... straight outta right wing radio.

I also don't care for some of the new art and would prefer to see 'regular battle scenes'.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pelojian

it's called being indifferent to it, it's a picture of fictional characters slashing ,running over, shooting downed fictional characters.

not everyone can be indifferent to simulated actions (or even all of them).
  15. Gundem

That's the advantage of being right-wing, you don't have to be offended by trivial crap.
  16. DeadAlive99

Yeah, but eventually your knuckles get dirty and you gotta take a bath.
  17. MurgNC

Two thumbs up for the Chinese promotional art!
  18. Vintorez

You do realize that respawning is part of the limited lore, and that being killed (executed or otherwise) doesn't mean much of anything, right?
    • Up x 5
  19. Pacster3

Great, I was thinking about opening a similar thread. No matter how good the art is...I see no reason why almost every picture needs to be about several people killing 1 just for fun. I mean, is that what the game is about? I thought those are the moments that about every players hates...brainless zergs that run around with 80% overpop. Why not right away pictures of endless spawn camping?

Next round of pictures is of female VS-soldiers in ripped open latex suits barely hiding the breasts and licking on a smoking gun? Ah wait, it's an american game...forget that breast part...that's too much for our sensitive eyes and minds. It's somehow odd to have people glorifice executions like this(the pictures as well as certain posts here)...and then cry out loud about the next IS-video. I play planetside cause it's about the competition...if I would want to slaugther helpless targets I would play Deer Hunter.

Maybe they hoped to get a ****storm for marketing reasons....
    • Up x 6
  20. DeadAlive99

It's got nothing to do with the mechanics of the game. It's about the 'spirit' of it, i.e., are the soldiers of Auraxis honorable warriors, or ruthless, blood thirsty killers?
    • Up x 1