[Suggestion] Add bullet drop to all weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, May 29, 2016.

1. Tr34

Yes, make the game fair. VS wins most of the time because of this advantage. They can snipe vehicles, spam lashers from everywhere etc... It's also the reason why the TR gatekeeper is op. Adding major drop rates to all weapons can balance the factions. NC loses all the time just because of this, ground vehicles get sniped from long distance because of these weapons with no drops. Even a harrasser with gatekeeper is better than all of our vehicles. If you don't agree about adding drop, please add NC some equivalents without drops.
    Take a look at the graph... You can't say it's a player based fault or skill on "all" servers.

[IMG]
  2. Jawarisin

NC's just more stupid. Has nothing to do with bullet drop. Proof here:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  3. omegaskorpion

Even if VS had no bullet drop it would not change much anyway, almost all VS snipers have bulletdrop and weapons like rifles and carbines are not usefull in those extream ranges anyway, Slaher can be easily dodged in long range as the projectiles are slow as heck.

Even the Saron is not that great in range as it needs 0.5s between shots to be accurate.

Gatekeeper is right now the only one that benefits from the minimal drop it has.
    (also i would DARE to say that most VS infantry weapons, mostly carbines, are weaker than other faction weapons.)

Now i dont know on what server you play but on Cobalt i dont see much difference in Alert wins.
    I see every faction winning time to time and usualy reason why some faction does not win is either that most of the players are in other continents or that the faction does not have many organized platoon.

Many times on NC i see people just rushing to the places that have the biggest fights, not giving sh#t about alert. (hell, even i do this, because fights have more certs than capturing bases with only few people in them or spawncaming a base wich gives no certs at all)
    VS and TR has the most players that actualy are interested in winning the alert but not always and i have seen many great victories from the NC.

Platoons and outfits play a big part in Alerts and if your faction does not have them during alert dont expect to win, since mindless zerg is only interested on killing and can be easily cutted off and separated.
  4. Campagne

I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

Projectile drop is really keeping the Enforcer down, for example.
  5. EvilWarLord

Doesn't the Muzzle Velocity of the weapon affect the Recoil to a degree?
  6. user101

No bullets should have any drop from any weapons this is future weapons... using nanites... !
  7. CrimsonEclipse5

Oh god. This thread again. For the last time, the only actual VS faction trait that means anything is sh*tty sidearms. Bullet drop still applies to our snipers, tank shells, and rocket launchers - the three places where it has an actual real impact. (the vortex/lancer is an exception but if you are dying to it then something is seriously wrong with the way you are playing.)
  8. Eternaloptimist

Even when you allow for the fact that some VS weapons do have bullet drop already, taking it way a from the others in the VS arsenal harms their faction trait (accuracy, compared to NC damage and TR dakka).

There could be many reasons why VS win more alerts. I doubt that one factor alone is the reason.
  9. Gutseen

VS has 167 dmg guns (nc)
    750 Lmgs etc (Tr)
    low recoil
    flying physics breaking tanks that spam on a 60 degree hill
    ppa that kills faster than a banshee and has more range than NC's mustang
    pinpoint RL's
  10. Exitus Acta Probat

I would much rather they took away no bullet drop on the weapons that do have it and bump up the velocity, make that the faction trait instead, as no bullet drop on close to mid range weapons ain't all that.
  11. Towie

This discussion has been had many many times before - VS seem to populate empty servers at times when nobody else is playing and guess what, they win those alerts. Is it a 'good' win ? I'll let you decide that. Primetime is a totally different story.

I play on Cobalt - let's look at the most recent alerts on it - http://www.ps2alerts.com/alert-history

Of the 10 most recent alerts:
    NC won 5
    VS won 3
    TR won 1
    NC and VS drew 1

Prime time, each faction has 1 win each.

(Incidentally - I think that TR have an issue with lots of newbies right now, I struggle to join my TR outfit due to the queues and when i'm in, I find an awful lot of low BR players)
  12. MasterOhh

I'd love to see bulletdrop on VS weapons, just to rob the TR and NC another topic to blame. As said before, most VS weapons that would actually profit from no drop, have drop.

The VS only wins because of the Magrider!!!! --> Magrider nerfed --> VS still wins
    The VS only wins because of ZOE!!!! --> ZOE detroyed --> VS still wins
    The VS only wins because of the PPA!!!! --> PPA made useless --> VS still wins
    The VS only wins because of 0.75 ADS LMGs!!!! --> 0.75 Ads removed --> VS still wins

I wonder what VS equipment will be blamed once we reach the point where the beamer gets nerfed....
    • Up x 9
  13. MrMinistry30

Oh god, really? You really see THE AWESOME and nearly GODLIKE advantage of no bullet drop as the reason for VS winning? All we have to pay for not having to aim 0.1 cm higher to compensate the enormous amount of bullet drop weapons in PS2 have is lower muzzle velocities, higher dmg drop off, lower magazine sizes and lower fire rates... if that isn't a great trade!

Now seriously dude, go play VS for a while and you will see that not having to compensate for that tiny bit of drop is no compensation for the price we have to pay. I have a VS on BR104 and recently started new TR and NC chars and guess what? My KPM, KDR and HSR are much better with hardly anything invested in abilities and all the little things that make this game easier (Medkits, weapons etc.). At the moment, i am running gauss saw and CARV without ANYTHING but a sight and they are still much better than any VS LMG.

Yes, VS weapons seem more user-friendly but once you have the accuracy you need as a VS to be competitive to TR and NC you will be much better with their powerhouses of weapons.

And for the Lasher and Lancer: the Lancer does much less damage (per shot as well as per minute) than any other launcher so it is practically useless if there aren't many guys using it at the same time at the same target. Have you ever tried to kill a prowler at range? After you spent 20 seconds shooting at it using the Lancer, it will just roll back and repair that half of its life you have just taken... And the Lasher?! Well... let me describe a situation: YOU are Standing 40 meters away and i am shooting at you using the Lasher... Until the plasma ball with its fantastic 100m/s hits your position, you can go back to the spawn room, have a coffee and a nice talk with a stranger there, come back to your old position and then you will STILL have enough time to dodge the projectile.
  14. Horrida Messor

This again?
    Man, NC is tireless in their own stupidity.
  15. asmodraxus

Yes please add bullet drop, then the VS can have something useful to replace it with.

Oh and the TR can have fun dealing with drop on the GK.
  16. Sovereign533

Nothing to do with stupidity. Look at our traits:
    - High damage low ROF guns (Imagine a misplaced 200 dmg headshot on a friendly, that will down them quickly)
    - Shotguns everywhere (so easy to miss a few pellets and hit friendlies)

I have started playing VS for a while and love it. The low bloom and recoil combined with the lack of drop is heavenly. It greatly increased my KPM, KDR and HSR. The only thing I added to my weapon is a different sight since the default one I don't like.

But it can be easily explained with the fact that you are already used to the game and there isn't this 'learning' phase that you had at the start of your BR104 character. That is why you're doing better. It is also the case of 'the grass is greener on the other side of the fence".

To the OP, I don't agree. While VS weapons are incredibly strong the high win rate can't be explained away with 'lack of drop'. The VS have an arsenal that greatly benefits from teamwork and they have a couple of weapons that are absolute murder that other factions don't have an answer to. (looking at you Light PPA)
    The Lancer is a strong weapon when used in groups, it will murder any tank there is. But so will the Phoenix and both can be fired from relative safety.
    The only thing I agree with is that NC needs an answer for the Saron and Gatekeeper. It used to be the Enforcer, but the drop and sucky cross-hair makes it difficult to hit targets over range with it. You either need to be incredibly experienced with it or use a lot of ranging shots. Lowering the drop but keeping the rest the same will give it more effectiveness with the other factions AV.

And for the love of all that's freedom, replace the Gauss Saw with an easier to use free primary for the NC. The GS is strong but difficult to use for newbies.
  17. Daigons

I think even if every NC weapon had free self-guided bullets, it'll still find it's way into the back of the heads of their fellow faction while they lose the continent.
    • Up x 1
  18. Naaahhhhh

Trust me you dont want that the no bullet drop gets removed. The no bullet drop thing is practical a worthless trait. The only weapons that benefit are the lancer, vortex and nyx. If you remove the bullet drop you have to buff the vs weapons for compensation. So you took away a worthless trait and buff the vs.
    Btw the magrider have the highest bullet drop of all tanks. And maybe NC doesnt win because they love to tk and have an incapable leadership or arent able to teamplay.
  19. Saturax

So this is another topic about: WHY ALL KIDS JOIN NC, when they hear word FREEEDOOM !!! ? Totaly not about vs bullet drop... because VS weapons have bullet drop + on short distance you dont see diference from NC/TR weapons.

VS specific without bullet drop are: spiker, vortex, saron ( and that worthless charge up sniper rifle on midle distance... i was lucky and forgot her name :D ( unlucky i did not forget about weapon performance ) can you tell me witch one is OP and need nerf pls?

spiker + vortex dont have zoom, so you can not realy snipe on big distance + bullet speed is not exactly light speed... you must aim in front of targets same like every other weapon...
    saron - some one did write it before you have to make long pauses between shoots, or you dont shoot accurate + bullet speed is worse then spiker+vortex and you must 2x shoot people to kill ( HS dont 1 shoot kill like some TR/NC believe )
    worthless sniper rifle - ? ? ? no coments, there is nothink you can nerf on it... knife is beter...
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadAlive99

Unbelievable. Double team damage on Connery. What is it about Connery? West Coast Weirdness? Stoner Beach Bums?