[PSA] Unofficial PTS patch notes on reddit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArcKnight, May 26, 2016.

1. ArcKnight

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBGpatchno...2pts_20160525_unofficial_patch_notes_new_vps/
    posted over an hour ago (I'm only posting some of the stuff from the link here.. so look for anything you might like or hate or not care about)

PS2 PTS 1.0.181.355164
    patch size: ~91MB
    images: http://imgur.com/a/3jDWl - Busby's loading screens, new Constructions, deployed repair/ammo ANT/Sunderer, Rocklet Rifle
    and modified images: http://imgur.com/a/H6zh2 (camo changes aren't visible when comparing...)
    TL;DR things to check on PTS:

• new afterburners
    • Decoy nades
    • Blast Walls (nope, not buildable yet. looks like that: http://imgur.com/a/RUz3u )
    • new HIVE VP goals
    • inactive/neutral cores (at a first glance, FUBAR)
    • Reticle IFF option
    • faction queues, including in WG term UI
    • Rocklet Rifle and Gorgon sounds
    • SMG sounds
    • Galaxy Drake sounds
    • Flax explosion FX
    • Amerish/Indar water
    • clouds, stars, skies
    • EMP nade model (nope, apparently not active yet)
    • ESF balance: Airhammer/Banshee
    • vehicle 3rd person and freelook cameras
    I was wondering when we'd get decoy nades
    the banshee seems to gotten a damage nerf
  2. PatateMystere

New wall looks nice but, what's the point of having walls with openings (small stairs) on each side when most of the time you can't place regular walls / building close enough to avoid gaps between them.
  3. LaughingDead

The AH seems like the worst out of the 3 noseguns now. Either the splash accumulated damage on direct hit isn't working in VR or the 8 pellet less damage with high rof idea is bad. Banshee feels good (alottle bit) I just wish the cone of fire on both weapons was tightened up a bit.
  4. LaughingDead

Can't find reticule option, anyone else find it?
  5. Pelojian

the way to fix that could be to make part of the wall footprints smaller then the actual length of the wall, it might not look smooth but it could work.

then you could connect walls so there are no openings or place down a gate or sunderer garage then place down some walls, i think we should also have a V2 wall without the angled sides for connecting to gates and sundie garages.
  6. PatateMystere

In fact, it's easy to place walls without gaps between them. The hard part is for bunkers, sundy garage etc. they have a too big collide zone arround them.
  7. Pelojian

yeah if they shaved down the zone specific for walls only from the sides and made walls without angled sides you could place the walls snug into the garage without obstructing the inside of the garage.

we could also use some medium height and ground level turrets. (if they add these then the standard tall turrets should all be stock unlocked, would encourage more base building)

also we could use some text chat and voice construction channels to communicate and ask people if they want to workas a tema to build a base.

most are happy to fight over a base but not actually build it up to make it defensible, giving all players more base collectables without having to unlock them would help. i hope they add other resource types later for more construables that might need one or the other or a mix of both.
  8. Gundem

Splash damage hasn't worked in the VS since forever, which may be the case.

In other news, FINALLY, NEW LOADING SCREENS THAT AREN'T TOTAL NC PROPAGANDA.
    • Up x 1
  9. LodeTria

Splash does work in VR.
    Also the lolhammer is even better VS air now.
  10. Gundem

Cool, didn't know they patched that.
  11. LodeTria

12. LaughingDead

Wrel• 3h
    You're right, tested it with a rocket launcher just now. Airhammer itself might have broken indirect damage though... doesn't seem to be doing splash.

EDIT: Actuallyyyyyyy it might be. About a 5-7 shot kill for infantry at the desired range right now.

EDIT2: Splash damage currently not working on our local testing client, that explains some of the confusion.

[Quoted from reddit]

This explains much.
    On the PTS direct hits are 100damage, indirect damage is added on, which for pts AH is 60, making a true direct hit 160 per pellet, 8 pellets which means only 7 need to hit directly or 6 plus some splash. I could never get a direct one hit kill.

So each shot contains 1280 damage, but only if all pellets hit, not including flak.
  13. Pikachu

Looks like Amerish got it's skyfile replaced with that of Koltyr, except with day cycle. No more high saturation cyan sky and all continents have synced time zones. No more night when others have day when the skybug happens. Also Amerish's render range was extended from 2700 to 3000m.
    • Up x 1
  14. LodeTria

I quite liked the new amerish sky.
    Hossin on the other hand, whilst it was much clearer it looks well ugly now because you can see all the imperfections.
  15. Pikachu

But it means no more nice spring green sunrises. :L
    [IMG]
  16. thed1rt

On playstation I actually seen cloudbanks floating and moving around down in the flyzone.

Was thinking... WTF??? when did they add this?

I think on they playstation server they test stuff live.
  17. Taemien

Is it just me, or is the Banshee turning into the old LPPA? :D

TR gonna be like:

[IMG]
  18. Pikachu

Whaat? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  19. PasitheeVS

When the Banshee goes Live like that... we should call it The "PPAirhammer"

It now has the Instagib potential of the current Airhammer to MAXes and Infantry. Maybe on light armor too. (didn't test that however)
    Also it has Splash damage comparable to the PPA.
    Combine that with high muzzle velocity and RoF, helping you too better lead targets far away like Infantry and ESFs and you get the PPAirhammer.

When it goes Live like that I am going to make a 10h Banshee montage with this music in the background:

• Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

(Facepalm)

The VS Victim complex & "TR is op guyz" forumsider is claiming the same out things he always does.