[Radical Suggestion] Nerf Skyknightside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, May 7, 2016.

1. Agnt

They should rather take the PS1 approach and remove the ESF concept completely.
    Make Mosquito the fast and light air supeority fighter and Reaver the slow and heavy brick CAS plane.

Now we could have two separate planes. If you dont know how to Air-To-Air, you still got option to fly as CAS. Sure the Reaver in this case should be more resilent to AA fire and Mosquito should be even more weak to it.

Now you would have more planes in the air, and more targets for AA to shoot. AA would also have a role to protect those CAS planes from the skyknights.
    • Up x 1
  2. Moz

AA is fine. Group up, kill the stuff > profit.... Its really easy!!

I actually feel bad for the pilots with how effective thing like bursters, skyguard, turrets and walkers are....

This is not a solo game, you shouldn't be able to blow up an ESF alone with one ******* rocket!

I have NO issue with taking out multiple ESF, libby and gal all at the same time with a outfit AA group. If anything its to ******* easy!!
  3. Insignus

Novel Solution: Buff the Top Armor boosters for vehicles from 10% to 25-35%.

This would make vehicles less susceptible to air attacks (Particularly Libbies), but at the major trade of making them more vulnerable to tanks.
  4. ColonelChingles

But a lone wolf ESF or a 1/3 Liberator should be able to blow up a Lightning or MBT?
  5. Moz

Yes..... AP can 1 shot an esf.... you get one shot in that libby and he will run like a little girl.

On the other hand, he plays well / you **** up and over extend and he gets the drop on you then yes you should AND DESERVE to die!

I get one clipped by a Libby.... I have no one to blame but myself!!
  6. freeAmerish

Lightning AP isn´t Vanguard AP no OHK
  7. Moz

True that!

But you hit them with an AP shell from a lightening... They will be on fire an thinking about getting the F outta there rather than lining you up for death!

Doesn't have to be a kill to be a great deterrent!
  8. ColonelChingles

As pointed out, Lightning AP cannot OHK an ESF... and it would be an extremely poor ESF pilot who stayed for the second shot.

Again, then let's nerf A2G weapons so that they too are deterrents and are incapable of actually killing things on the ground. Sounds like a swell time for pilots, no?
    • Up x 2
  9. LaughingDead

Yay, ground deterance ribbons!
    All seriousness, +1.
    If air to ground gets a nerf then practically everything the airgame is gets a nerf. Sort of like a food chain.
    Ground esfs get eaten by aa esfs and they get eaten by other aa, anti armor libs need a group of esfs to eat them (which with the tomcat change should make it less spam and more specialization).
    So if you take the bottom of the chain away you get nothing.
  10. LaughingDead

Should a lone wolf MBT or harrasser blow up a sunderer?
    How bout a lone wolf light assault?

Frankly I'd be glad that I forced someone to pull a specialized esf just to deal with one type of unit, which means it's easy to counter.
  11. Moz

Not even sure where you are making these jumps in your logic.....

That's possibly the dumbest thing i ever heard.... Its an ESF, its an absolute piece of piss to kill with many MANY MAAAAANY different methods!

Its a glass cannon.... Deal with it!

L2P issue is real!!

SERIOUSLY, if your getting farmed that much by A2G your doing it very wrong!!!
  12. ColonelChingles

For aircraft ESFs have too many hitpoints. They have 3,000 HP, which is the same as a Lightning. To be balanced, ESFs should probably get half that (1,500 HP would make it an air Flash, which is about the amount of armour that most aircraft should carry).

In terms of TTK taking into account resistances, it takes a Skyguard 32 hits to kill an ESF, or 4 seconds. That's far too much for a 40mm AAA unit landing hits on a small aircraft. To be balanced it should be no more than 10 hits to kill or so.

In order to truly be a glass cannon, the ESF can't have as much HP as a tank. :p
  13. Spider008

They should dumb down the controls to open up for the majority of players. I know the elite are having their fun right now owning everyone in the sky but this is suppose to be a team base game.

Right now the air game is only accessible to a few and I think it would be amazing if it was way more people up in the skies. The reality is for that to happen u need to make it easier to fly and the controls are stupidlydesigned and in all truthfulness the elite use hardware to change mouse dpi to make it easier to fly. So instead of trying to achieve hard flight peeps are cheating in a way to bypass it. So why make it so hard to fly at that point?

I know many won't like this cause individually they want to keep their meta game but this is not suppose to be a individual strength. I would love to see 10-20 ESF battle it out in the air but the way air is right now that will never happen.
  14. Jawarisin

Alright so, small disclaimer: I am what you'd call a skyknight.

Now, I could just dismiss this as a terrible idea, and not really care because devs dont read the forum. But you did a big post in which you obviously placed some time, and hopefully some thought. So I'll give you an answer that probably won't satisfy you, but that will at least have a little bit to it.

Alright so, I'm mostly going to address this particular part. Because everything else seems like a lost cause, and honestly, this is just the part I found the most... dumb? (I'm trying to be honest here with you without sugar coating it. Let me explain why I'm saying this).

Let's look at the red part first. You're basically asking for a game where movement matters less, and you shouldn't need to aim much. You're basically asking to dumb things down completely; which is a terrible idea in nearly every case for just about everything. Reducing the sky floor is good, but reducing the sky ceiling? That's a TERRIBLE thing. Go to this link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushnell's_Law
    it's a really small one, a few lines long. But if you actually look at it, I think you might learn a lot.

As far as adding faction specific stuff, I'm not for it, but then again, you're entitled to your opinion and - maybe there'd be some way to make something good out of this, so I'll leave it at that.

As far as having "VTOL tactics". Between you and me, we both know you're bad at flying. You don't know what the tactics are, and even if you did, you don't have the ability to apply any of them. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Have you ever heard a few new players talk together, one of them maybe a day older than the others, trying to explain to the others how the game work, and making assertions about stuff (saying "facts") that are completely false, even though this player firmly believes he just solved the game after playing it for 2 hours? That's what you look like to me in regards to flying.
    I'm just trying to give you a perspective of what you look like when talking about tactics and what is/is not about flying.

And unto my last quick point: read the yellow part again, you'll notice what you're saying makes little sense.

Now, I know this answer definetly wasn't what you expected, you probably don't like it and you want to either ignore me or write an angry paragraph to me (or maybe something else? you'd be special then).
    But instead, if you want to reply, I'd like to try something with you. Why don't you ask me questions instead of trying to make a point. Answer me by asking questions, and let's see where that leads.

All the best, I hope I didn't give you an aneurysm.
  15. Jawarisin

Hp doesn't matter as much as resistance. Do tanks die in 1 ap shell, or are set on fire by one default dumbfire/destroyed by one deci?

I hope you realised how dumb your previous comment is.

Best wishes
  16. Jawarisin

lol there's no "magic" cheat. I'd probably qualify of one of those "elites" and I can guarantee you there's no magic dpi switch that makes everything perfect.

Not only that, but changing your dpi is something that come on ANY gaming mouse. There's nothing special about it. Note that I used to play with a track-ball mouse about a year ago. Are you going to accuse me of cheating by using a track-ball too?
  17. Jawarisin

Well, you don't really have any good pilot on connery(and the few you had moved over to emerald...). But there's quite a few of them on emerald, and there's quite a few names I could say that I know are most likely going to **** me over or make it a real pain. In a lone ESF.

But I know you can't fly a liberator, nor an ESF. But here's my challenge to you. Come to emerald, and just show me a video of you doing any good with a liberator.
    Of course, you can do the same on connery; but people wiser than me will tell you that connery is a joke-server as far as air is concerned.
  18. Moz

Its not simply about health bud.

There are lots of different resistances at work, hence why you cant kill an MBT with the same amount of shots from a skyguard.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance

Your point with the skyguard would make it ridiculously powerful and NO ESF would ever be able to operate, would just be a point and click kill fest for the skyguard driver! Thats not what we want.

What we want is for a few guys in a squad to say "lets pull AA".

Now you have 4 skyguards, all co-coordinating on one target each one needs 8 shots or 1 second.

THIS is what Planetside is about, TEAM WORK! Something is farming you in a fight ADAPT, change your squad comp to the counter for your problem rather than running in the same door over and over and wondering why your getting LoL podded! Hell your heavies SHOULD be running AA lock ons with dumb fire as standard, thats enough to put many ESFs of on its own.

Now if your in a tank and you get insta gibbed by an ESF, thats not because the ESF is OP...... Its because you made a mistake and got into a position that allows the ESF pilot that pleasure. Just shake your head, look in the mirror and get better. We all make mistakes!
  19. Spider008

If you can get an edge by changing the dpi on your mouse outside the game then why not include it in game.

Point I'm making is not everyone knows how to do that and truly they shouldn't have to go outside the game to do it.

But that is besides the point... What needs to be done to bring in more air players in dumb down the air game a bit. Yes dumbing down the controls might bring down the skill ceiling but that's the whole point. Right now the skill ceiling is too high in a game that should be about team play. One player should not be able to own 3-4... And that's what we have now, Elites camping spawn base and killing anything that comes out and the results is the majority don't touch the air game.
    • Up x 1
  20. chuck105

They are getting a small nerf, more damage from a2a locks. I agree they are unbalanced, the Dalton and Tankbuster are hands down the best weapons, for everything. Libs are so tank they are hard for esf's to kill, such that some libs will run in packs and hunt esf's. This is telling, that the balance between these two is not right. I would be interested in seeing esf's losing their ground game significantly, but gaining power against other aircraft and protection from g2a weapons. This would allow actual dogfights to occur above ground fights, which would be relevant because air superiority would allow libs, galaxies, and valkyries to move in.
    Other than maybe the galaxy, which really is like a sundy in being too good as a combat vehicle despite the fact it's supposed to be transport and support, esf's should rule the skies. That doesn't mean a lib should instantly die to one esf, just that an esf should have enough of an advantage that liberators require protection.