The trolls have been breeding, it seems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, May 22, 2016.

1. Gundem

I can't be the only one who's noticed a significant increase in the number of "special" forumgoers of late, right?
    • Up x 1
  2. ColonelChingles

Well if you were the only one who noticed it, wouldn't that make you... "special"?

:p
  3. FateJH

Does this fall under the "he who smelt it" policy?
  4. Vanapapi

Havn't you ppl noticed how the newer tutorials work?

It has come to this point where a new player is shown how to shoot a gun (by pressing "the left mouse button"). You can't go any lower than this. Or maybe you can and im not idiot enough? Just think how the tutorial designer/creator/maker must have felt doing that. This is it.

The trolls havn't been breeding. They've been there all along. But the tutorial wasn't informative enough in the past, basically denying their entrance altogether. Now they've finally managed to breach that challange, they now know how to do the most simplest* of things you could think of (YES, EVEN running forward by pressing W by default! At least that's what i like to think the tutorial now has).

The only thing missing now is this: "You pressed the left mouse button and shot your first bullet? OH! MY! GOD! We, the development team, even the sanitary team is proud of you! You did it! You're now a man! Your mom will be proud of you, Trump may come to your doorstep and shake your hand, Obama may give you a medal of honor. You're ready now! Be the hero we've all been waiting for! Be my hero, o mighty conqueror! Oh, ****, I forgot... too soon, god dammit. Let's try aiming first. Totally forgot, my bad. So, let's try... Aim at the enemy, 6 o'clock!" Pew-pew-pew-pewpe... "WHAT the f... Oh, ****. Wait, i forgot. It's not your fault. I forgot to mention how to aim, how silly of me. You need to..."

So, if you didn't already realize, the only thing missing right now is the rewarding system for the major accomplishments for things that are so hard for so many, like shooting a gun or aiming it in the generally right direction, or for moving even.
  5. Kristan

I've seen hell of an influx of new players recently on Miller. Mostly for NC.

Yesterday at Saerro Listening Post we had a huge NC zerg. I decided to roll back and grab a Python HEAT Lightning. Then I saw a huuuge bunch of players was standing on the outside, next to a wall. Practically asking for it. 34 kills in a row. No one higher than 30 BR. Not a single attempt to stop me or even shoot a rocket in my direction. I felt sorta bad for what I did.
    • Up x 3
  6. Garedar

Let me see if I do this correct.....So this is where the cool kids hang out.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I've noticed more low BR players on Miller recently. I'm one of them as I created a new avatar last night and went through the tutorial for lols (already got a bunch of other avatars). It was the same as the old one I remember from a couple of years ago.
  8. freeAmerish

It starts with a B and ends with an O
  9. Kristan

Bushido? Bolero? Borneo?
  10. Gundem

Well, I already know I'm "special", but my special is closer to "Clinically Insane" then the usual extra chromosome. :confused:

Not as far as I'm aware... I'm not one for trolling usually. But of late, I've noticed several new names, as well as an influx of rage-threads and a heck of a lot more necrobumps then usual.

Could just be new players, almost like a smaller-scale PS4 introduction, without the time they had to at least partially learn the game and forum rules.
  11. Diggsano

Bobo
  12. RainbowDash9

as long as they arent full ****** like a certain.... "user".... we all know
  13. ArcKnight

who who who ?
  14. RainbowDash9

your hint is in quotes. your second hint is the number after 100. (idk wtf im doing im trying to make it interesting lol)
  15. TOXIC_MACHAMP

sorry ive been more sexually active lately :)