R-Recon detection device???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Valenz, May 12, 2016.

1. Valenz

What happened to you?
  2. Psykmoe

All my NC characters had their recon darts reset to level 1, no certs were refunded. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, but since Emerald NC infiltrators have always seemingly boycotted sensor equipment, it's little wonder no one noticed.

I submitted a bug report and a support request, I don't feel like using any of the upcoming double xp week to remax something I already had.
  3. FieldMarshall

I heard lots of people have that bug. Apparently only on NC characters.
    Im a bit scared of logging onto my NC until we get some official word of whats going on.
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

can't confirm, but i saw they added Golden device. but most strange updates - your darts have orange colour, looks like enemy.
  5. Rostklump

At least the NC bug is partially fixed now, if you can call it that.
    The NC once again have more then just the level one version but any upgrades you might have had are gone.
  6. Psykmoe

That's still quite a few certs to just go poof :(
  7. Rostklump

Yeah i hope they fix that soon as well.
    No point in playing the game if anything you unlock can just go poof, then its better to grind in some other game that don't go poof on you.
  8. Mezinov

Devs are aware of the bug; there is a Reddit post about it. They are working on compiling who had what certed so that they can do a cert grant (the smartest way they can do it, incase somebody already re-certed into theirs) for the lost certs because of the fault.

Really seems like the kind of stuff they COULD say on the official forums even with restrictive corporate communications protocols but - what do I know.

Information from HERE.

9. Lothaeryn

Any ETA on when the hell this is supposed to be fixed? Realized after playing my darts were back to square 1 and its really pissing me off this wasnt corrected before the double xp weekend.
  10. Psykmoe

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. I just heard back from support and they're claiming I didn't lose anything I had before. I mean, I don't 'main' infiltrator, but with 146 hours in the class, I probably skilled up my sensor equipment at some point?? Of course I don't regularly take screenshots of my cert screen to keep around as evidence :(
  11. Mezinov

The Devs have the evidence. They will have a backup of the character states from before the patch, and of after the patch. Generally for cases just like this. It is just a matter of them setting up the database pull and compare, then setting up the cert grant.

However involved either of those two steps are depends on how good their "people" are at their job, and how good their "software" is at its job. Like as not, it is very manual and time consuming - because that is the SOE/DBG way.
  12. Psykmoe

Yeah I guess getting told off was just another case of one employee not knowing what the hell is going on. I got told to closely watch the forums for updates on the situation and was helpfully supplied with a link to the forum front page.

You know, the situation that has so far found ZERO MENTION by devs on the forums, because they only use reddit :D