Roadmap & Wishlist are empty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 3, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Hopefully it gets filled soon.
  2. thebigbortishbort

with a rocklet rifle hopefully.
  3. PasitheeVS

I heard rumors about an Engi Buff (Class & Weapons)...

[IMG]
  4. XanIves

INB4 people say "dur nub it's spelled 'rocket' not 'rocklet', dur dur dur, I don't know what i'm talking about, dur dur nerf dur".
  5. Raap

I suspect they are still on a limited budget, and are just waiting to see how players react to the construction update... Which essentially comes down to how big of a revenue increase the update generated, or not.

Players returning to check out the update is hot air. What matters is, how many stick around, pay for a sub and/or DBC?

Hopefully they can announce some stuff soon of course.
  6. Moridin6

id be happy if the forums, by which i mean THIS GDMN WEBSITE, got dev attention(conversing, answering questions) like redit does..

and then yes please do fill in the roadmap again
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

............and now the only thing in it is Archives.
  8. Liewec123

hopefully the next project will be faction specific VEHICLES! :D
    i'd settle for more faction specific guns, but cmon, how cool would truly faction specific vehicles be? :D
    (i don't mean like MBTs, 3 similar vehicles with different looks and a bit of faction flavour,
    i mean like giving VS a sneaky unique flying vehicle, give TR a fast moving ground vehicle with machine guns and give NC a slow lumbering behemoth (probably with really big shotguns XD)

now that construction is done with it would be great to focus on adding a ton of faction flavour :D
    • Up x 2
  9. NinjaTurtle

Personally I think all the NS vehicles should be replaced by ES variants. Even if it was only an aesthetic change it would be a great improvement though I would also like unique empire abilities and weapons.

For example The VS Liberator variant could have a large laser weapon like that thing from Independence Day
    • Up x 1
  10. Mezinov

Wrel had said it was his intention to push an agenda of polish after construction launches - so if Wrel got his way, the next updates are going to be centered on adjusting core gameplay.

I've ranted about it before, but I think everything should have an NS and ES variant - and the ES variants should stick to their faction flavor.

The NS variant should be your point of balance, and then the ES variants are deviants from that NS data set pushing the faction flavor. Sure, it will create situations where Faction X's item A is better than Faction Y and Z's item A in situation H - but Faction Y and Z will always have the NS version for situation H; and it is just as likely that their item A will be better in situation G or I.

Unfortunately, that would be A LOT of new models and A LOT of back end design work. Would also likely result in A LOT of re-balancing too.

But I feel the game would be better on every level for the effort.

----
    As a partially unrelated rant, I feel like its about time NS weapons aren't the only one that gets you unlocks on all 3 factions for Cash Dollars. It is my opinion that, if DBG offered an option to pay a bit more (but less than the same price 3x) to unlock the VS and TR options when you buy a faction specific option, they would sell more faction specific stuff overall - making it more profitable.

If I can buy an NC Only MacGuffin for 20$ or a NS MacGuffin for ALL my characters for 20$ - obviously I am going to buy the NS MacGuffin.

But if I made the NC MacGuffin $15, the NS MacGuffin 20$, and the NC/TR/VS MacGuffin 25$ - I may just buy the combo MacGuffin.

This would work extra well if we had an NS and ES version of EVERYTHING. Because then you could sell NC. NC/TR/VS. NS. NS/NC/TR/VS.

I don't think more "permanent" bundles like that are a bad thing. More cash for the cash throne.

The easiest immediate solution would be, on the purchase screen, offer it like a supersize option. So when I hit buy on say, a MAX Left Arm Mutilator, it should come up and be like "Hey, this is $20 - but for $40 you will also get the MAX Left Arm Mattock for your NC Characters, and MAX Left Arm Blueshift for your VS Characters - that is like getting one for free!".

And it could work with sales by just making it a multiplication function. So on the back end it just takes the item price times a set markup. So if you put MAX Left Arms on sale for 10%, then it would be like "Hey this is 18, but for 36, ect" so people also feel like they are capitalizing on a sale more.

Ideally this would detect which things you already own and reduce accordingly; which would be good back end work to do for the bundles anyways (why would I buy a bundle if I already own half the things? Its the same price as if I didn't own any of the things). It shouldn't even be that hard to do.

This way, even someone whose already bought the TR MAX Left arm, and is about to buy the NC MAX Left arm, might want to supersize to pick up the VS MAX Left arm.
  11. OldMaster80

Shaql had datamined a cert line for the Spitfire allowing to carry up to 4 but we never had an official "it's happening" from the devs.
  12. The Shady Engineer

:eek:

I'll start hoarding certs.
  13. TOXIC_MACHAMP

IWAY OULDWAY OVELAY ISTHAY
  14. OldMaster80

As I said: it's not official. As far as we know it might never happen.
    But it would make me buy the Spitfire for my defensive loadout.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Its coming in a PTS patch soon.
  16. The Shady Engineer

To be fair when the first guy in this thread mentioned engineer buffs, spitfire buffs were the first thing I thought off. I mean they can't buff carbines too much because that'll break LA and they can't give us ARs because medics will get their panties in a bunch. Turret (AI, spitfire) buffs and maybe more mine variety would be perfect.