Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Cyropaedia

Where does it say a Single Burster arm can clear an entire hex?

I said Dual Burster can lockdown a hex. Lockdown also includes deterrence or immobility. As in a prison lockdown, prison inmates are confined to their cell.
  2. MonnyMoony

Cheers. I used the /bug tool in the game. Fingers crossed this will be an easy (and quick) fix. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyropaedia

Thanks, I will write one in game too when I log in. No more ram attempts on my Burster Max. lol.
  4. Reclaimer77

Yes and that is what we call a LIE.

No single AA weapon in this game can "lock down" a HEX in any way, shape, or fashion.

Stop the lies.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cyropaedia

Ok....changing your charge from "outright lie" to "lie against my opinion." Lol.
  6. MonnyMoony

I may start a 'suggestion' thread to try and drum up some support.
    • Up x 1
  7. Reclaimer77

And in my opinion, the world if flat.

The problem is that statements, and the lie you told, are disproved by observation.
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

The problem with AA is that it is not as effective as A2A... even when A2A is done by A2G weapons.

Skyguards kill 5.86 aircraft per hour of use, or about 1 aircraft every 10 minutes. On average, a Skyguarder will get 2 aircraft kills per 24 hours based on average Skyguard usage rates.

Liberator Daltons kill 11.95 aircraft per hour of use, or about 1 aircraft every 5 minutes. On average, a Liberator Dalton gunner will get 3.5 aircraft kills per 24 hours based on average Dalton usage rates.

A Liberator Dalton, meant for A2G work, is 200% more effective at AA in terms of AKPH and 175% more effective at AA in terms of air kills per day.

It's not too much to ask that a Skyguard, designed for AA work, can rake in as many kills as an A2G weapon. The data suggests that we need to double the Skyguard lethality in order for that to happen.
    • Up x 3
  9. Cyropaedia

Sure. I support observations, tests, and experiments. I would invite you to run your own tests as we did to debunk the 28m activation range problem,

I am glad you changed your tune from "Single Burster arm clearing a hex" and the "World is Flat." Proud of you.
  10. Badname707

Please go over the thread. It would hurt the air game severely, unless you significantly lower the costs of running aircraft. Unless you have a specific argument that hasn't already been made, we've been doing this for a couple days now.

EDIT: I see what you're getting at now. That may be a problem with dalton lib specifically, but I don't think that has anything to do with AA balance. Furthermore, I just don't think that the stats actually represent average gameplay. If a lib combats a lib, chances are one of them is going to die. They mirror each other and can't well escape each other, so lib vs lib is highly deadly. Lib is also, arguably, the best anti galaxy weapons platform, because it has high armor piercing weaponry and a greater amount of aerial mobility. At best a gal can aim 2-4 guns at an enemy lib; a good counter, but more difficult to use. A lib also is on better footing than one ESF and can reasonably take on two or three at once, if the crew is skilled enough relative to the ESF's.

The lib gets the most air kills because it is the most likely to come into contact with air. This is inherent to being an aircraft; you are more likely to have to deal with enemy air.

The comment about SG effectiveness, however, is inaccurate. SG will ALWAYS suffer in kills due to low mobility against a high mobility target. Changing the mechanic totally ***** air.
  11. Scr1nRusher

You are so afraid that G2A might actually be good at its job like AV & AI is.
  12. Badname707

No, I'm afraid that G2A will become so good, that A2G is effectively removed from the game. If nobody flies A2G, there is no reason to play A2A; it literally becomes a side game with no effect on the battle. I barely even play A2G; I still value it as as tactical and strategic option. You are asking for the game to be dumbed down to pure GvG gameplay, where air has no place. When you're not doing that, you're asking for additions and rebalances that, frankly, are not as important as the other things the devs need to be working on. There are slight tweaks that can be made, easy additions that do not cost a lot of dev time. Buffing AA just means completely rebalancing the relationship of air and ground. Considering how close the balance is already, a rebalance doesn't necessarily mean there will be improvement.
  13. Cyropaedia

We are already afraid of AA. We are horrified that people want AA to get buffed to the level of insta-gib especially with so many sources of AA and multiple wielders.

Aircraft are 350/450 Nanites.
  14. TheOpapanax

I'm definitely not for buffing AA.. like I mentioned earlier I've spent decent amounts of time in AA turrets and used them effectively. At the same time not trying to skirt anyone's genuine concerns.

As a pilot the only thing that frustrates me in deaths are A2A lock ons.. getting gunned down in half magazines by too-pro pilots second. Just about any death to ground forces I accept cause more than likely I put myself into bad spots... even when G2A lock ons are rampant I hesitate to really ***** about it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname707

G2A locks are technically avoidable. The other two are far more difficult to evade. Makes sense to me.
  16. JOYSTICK SUPPORT

Air kills air the quickest learn to fly infantry scrubs. I'm sick and tired of these stupid threads about bad players saying they need to buff anti air and have never even flown themselves or saying they should get more kills in x or y. Thank god the devs don't listen if you want an infantry only game go play COD if you want a combined arms game play planetside. ( Good players don't get farmed by air partly because they have situational awareness )
    • Up x 1
  17. IcEzEbRa

AA is quite effective, it simply needs to be used. Flying an esf to first base out of warpgate and then running back with 11 ground locks...been there. There simply aren't that many competent Lib pilots, let alone Lib + gunner{s} to matter that much, if at least 2 sources of AA. Gal's are about right imho, valk's only real defense is flying at ceiling or hiding. Everything in game can kill an esf, including the trees, rocks, stupid radio tower things in most bases, concentrated pistol fire {personal experience, sigh}. Throw in AP rounds flying everywhere that kill, as dalton, at least 800 meters, and some bases have sooo many turrets, it's a freakin wonder a pilot, let alone new one, survives seconds out of the warpgate. My buddy just auraxed his NC skyguard w/o trying that much.

I've seen entire armor columns w/enemy air overhead, and no one shooting but a couple of basilisks{which are pretty good right now.} And other columns w/several skyguards, walkers, etc that was death for any air that approached. The majority of the time, from the air, one of two things happens when you actually make it to a contested base....there is enemy air, or not. If there is, you generally engage air first, you have to, to survive after your first clip of of anything. If there isn't, there probably will be soon....lol...but you generally have to pound the enemy infantry and vehicles for a few before anything coordinated happens, or heavys all start pulling lack-ons. Then it will be numbers, either in the air or on the ground, and skill of air pilot/gunner.

I love to both fly and shoot aircraft. I would actually like to see more people pulling aircraft and vehicles, just because they are so freaking fun in this game. There should always be a repair vehicle parked at the aircraft ammo pads, etc. Recycle those nanites!

You will see posts from new pilots that AA is waay op, and it really is for them. Opposite end of the spectrum is VS AlFresco on Connery, wolf packs from the flight ceiling, and a few aces or lib crews that go looking for a fight.

The flight model in this game, especially esf, is the most fun and challenging I've ever had in vid game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Reclaimer77

You're a PS4 player. You don't even possibly understand what we're talking about. I've seen your videos. The air game on PC Planetside is like three times faster, and 10 times more lethal.

Go back to your Etch-A-Sketch gaming box scrub. You want to talk about skill? Come try this version on for size and prepare to get rektd.
  19. Sebastien

What's wrong with that. They'll be like HE tanks, nobody pulls them anymore because they were nerfed because all they were used for was statpadding KDR and SPM. A2G is essentially the same class as HE.
  20. Badname707

You're thinking purely from the perspective of an individual player. Having less tactical/strategic options is a bad thing for the game. There is a tactical purpose for both A2G and HE. A2G is still largely able to perform this purpose, as is HE. The problem is that HE either needs a buff against infantry or a buff against vehicles; it's not good gameplay for a weapon to be utter ****.