[Suggestion] AA/Flak should be stronger and shorter ranged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fusion322, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Shorter range AA means Aircraft can abuse it by hovering higher.
  2. Cyropaedia

Critics will never be satisfied until a One-Shot, One-Kill counter (preferably Lock On or high velocity - no skill weap) is implemented for a 350/450 Nanite Vehicle or Air is nerfed into extinction. Think G2A AP Vanguard or Dalton. Even then they will complain about the cost/delay in either choosing or swapping out weapons. Lol.
  3. fusion322

Its not that, its "oh its a small base fight, and there are some ESF's dogfighting 700m away and 600m in the air, best pull my max and shoot at them"
  4. Reclaimer77

Awwwww, did he hurt your little feelings???
    • Up x 2
  5. Demigan

Nope, that's not it.
    There's just as many people who want a one-shot one-kill no-skill counter to aircraft as there are people who want aircraft to be immune to AA.
    You figure out how many people that is, I'll go ahead and keep posting idea's that will improve the A2A, A2G and G2A gameplay for everyone involved.
  6. Demigan

That never happens man! seriously! The only AA ever pulled is when aircraft attack! Also 700m away, 600m in the air? That's a straight distance of around 921m, almost outside of render range.
    Also even if AA fires at you when you are at a distance, so what? The COF make it nearly impossible to predict if you'll hit or not, and if you do any decent dogfight at range the slow flak will never reach you in time before you've already gone a different direction. If you get screwed while doing a dogfight you must have been hovering still in the air and moving less than a few dozen meters at most. that's your problem.

Now as I said, I don't mind adding new types of AA that make it very hard to hit an aircraft at range as long as those aircraft are trying to dodge (as a dogfighting aircraft should), but this whining about a problem that is only a problem for some purist who should have picked the 90% airspace that isn't so close to a combat zone that you might bump into that one fight where some guy got some flak might hit you once in a blue moon is purely insulting their own intelligence. If you want a purist fight, go to all that open airspace that offers you just that and stop bothering people who want to do things like "play the entire game" and "combined arms" and stuff.
    • Up x 2
  7. fusion322

I don't bother people on the ground in the first place, i don't need to go to open airspace to do that.

The example I gave was obviously an exaggeration, for a more realistic representation ill use an actual example. I was about 350m north of the bastion (small fight at the time, the fight was pushing north near the amp stations.) Probably 350-400m (about 500 indicated i think, it was in a flat area) off the ground, and I was in a air battle. It was me and a friend, and we were fighting 3 scythes and a liberator. We easily would have won, we fought them a few times.
    [IMG]

Then we start getting flaked from somewhere, I couldn't tell where because it was pretty far and I was fighting, but i'm assuming it was the bastion.
    The Bastion was held by NC so its not like the vanu were trying to help their allies.
    Someone just decided they hate us and want to ruin our good time because hes mad about getting farmed by ESF's.
    Why is a defensive weapon allowed to heavily effect things that aren't attacking it/what its defending?
    Just doesn't make sense.

I guess you could argue that we could technically be threatening the tower they were at by flying near it (within render range of it).
  8. Cyropaedia

The Aircraft crowd are on the defensive. I don't want Aircraft to be immune from AA (and they aren't - lots of critics are in denial). At the same time, I don't want what sounds like mega buffs to AA or massive nerfs to Air.

I've posted specifics and constructive criticism in the past. ScrinRusher and Reclaimer77 only come back with this really useless, ambiguous rebuttal: ESF/Libs will accelerate 5 hexes away. They literally want a One-Shot, One-Kill weapon. Even if you buff Skyguard or Burster to the point of near >3 second TTK they will say Aircraft will run away.
  9. Reclaimer77

And yet you somehow can't summon the basic human empathy and understand just how many fights air ruins every HOUR this game runs?

What exactly do you want to happen? Air just be immune to AA? Because that's what it sounds like.
  10. Badname707

Bro. It sounds like you need to step away from the videogame for a while. You're a little too personally invested into this argument.
  11. fusion322

In what way can an A2A battle ruin ground gameplay?
  12. Scr1nRusher

What are you talking about?

No ones asking for a 1 shot weapon.

Your victim complex is getting more out of control then your neckbeard.
    • Up x 1
  13. Reclaimer77

You know pulling AA doesn't give you mind reading powers, right??

In this game an ESF can go from A2A to A2G with the flick of a wrist. Don't give me that crap.
  14. Badname707

Not true at all. Play an ESF. Try using both rockets and boosters. There is a huge difference between the two load outs.
  15. Reclaimer77

No no no, I'm not going down this road.

Air should be fair game. You are NOT going to convince anyone that if they use AA they should selectively ignore "dogfights". Screw that nonsense.

Honestly you air guys are just talking SO much **** in here now.
  16. Badname707

What are you talking about dude? I'm saying that you can't switch between A2G and A2A at a flick of the wrist. You actually have to pull a new ESF to actually change from one effective variant to another.
  17. Scr1nRusher

ES AI Noseguns + A2A Wing Mount.

Or

Regular nosegun(or rotary) + Hornets or Rocket Pods

ESF's are extremely high flexibility.

Galaxies have access to bulldogs & walkers

Liberators can just use Dalton + TB + Walker to take out pretty much anything in the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Reclaimer77

You can have a nosegun AND rocket pods. Wtf are YOU trying to sell here?

Just stop. This is beyond biased.
  19. Cyropaedia

Yeah, yeah. Neckbeard....so very original....

You have had constructive suggestions in your 5 Air threads over the past 3 months and you still bring up your Plebeian complex.

If you won't engage with constructive thoughts and incremental buffs, let's look at this from your standpoint/agenda. The only tangible thing you said is "move ESF A2G weapons to Valk" and "only A2A ESFs". Those are radical changes. I can only deduce that you're either an attention ***** or you want to nerf Air into the ground.
  20. Badname707

Effective in groups. Must run at first sign of SG, but can retaliate against solo or grouped infantry/MAX AA sources. Low booster means they have to know their escape path. Can clear air that is not engaged with them, but will typically lose out to an experienced duelist with boosters in a 1v1. Incredibly vulnerable to enemy air and AA after having taken damage.

Similar drawbacks to A2A wingmounts, in that they lack booster power. You WILL be outrun and outmaneuvered by anything not running rockets, so your only option is to be more skilled with the nosegun than your opponent. Trying to use your rocket pods on an opponent of any skill will likely only lower your DPS.

They are high flexibility, yes, but the loadout choices you make are critical to your performance. If AA needs to be made more flexible against a wider range of targets to be competitive, so be it. I've already gone over the advantages of AA over air.

Galaxies are skywhales. They are easily hit by AV and can easily shrug off shells and rockets, but they can't easily escape combat once they're wounded, and they generally have a lower damage output than even a sunderer might have.

Liberators are sky tanks, but they actually take a lot of practice to use. I've spent dozens of hours piloting libs, and I'm still **** with the TB. To be effective, you also need to have practiced with a crew of communicating players. The truth is that 3 ESF's of average skill will make short work of a liberator on its own. The higher mobility of the ESF's means they can easily force the lib to engage poor targets, while always knowing when it is safe to attack. If the 3 ESF's are very good, they can even take on an ESF or two without really impacting their chances against the lib, if it doesn't decide to run.