Does this game auto adjust for skill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Jan 29, 2016.

1. gunnner10

Just notice as my K/D gets lower, it gets easier to get kills. Id this to level the playing field of veteran vs noob players?
  2. RainbowDash9

maybe you just try harder when your kd gets low. some days im ***, sometimes i play like a god.
    • Up x 4
  3. Pirbi

I need a bit of a warmup, then I seem to do really well, then I get tired and should log off, then eventually I log off.
  4. SamReye

To answer your question: No, there are no ways that this game makes it easier for you to get kills as your KD gets lower.

However, there are two different explanations to why it might SEEM that way to you.

1- You begin the day playing at your worst and progressively improve as you warm up.

2- If we're talking about your all-time KD, it's averaging your worst days AND your best, so if it's your first character and you were a noob like the rest of us for the first 40 battleranks, your daily KD will be higher than your all-time KD for quite a while until it balances out.
  5. Ronin Oni

lol no, the game does nothing to adjust players based on KD, or anything else.

All is equal (well, besides certs)
  6. St0mpy

no you do, or give up and leave :D
  7. JobiWan

I find that I generally suck for about the first half an hour, then when I warm up I'm better. But if I stay on too long I get worse again. You're probably just peaking at a certain time.
  8. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. Shiaari

Nope. It's all in your head.
  10. JudgeNu

It only auto adjusts if there is an .exe somewhere on your PC.
  11. orangejedi829

I have days where I'll struggle to get a K/D over 1, and other days where I'll be wrecking people right and left with a K/D of 4 or more. Guess it just depends who you're playing against and how 'in the zone' you are at any given time.
  12. SarahM

Cone of fire RNG plus network latency tend to result in a very inconsistent experience.
    • Up x 1
  13. johnway

Short answer no. Its probably a mixture of luck, skill or technical issues influencing the fight. The only time i think i notice i do well is during alerts. All the die hards and top skilled players go for the alert and whats left are the dreggs who can't get into the alert and the odds are stacked in another factions favour.
  14. Jubikus

Dont worry about it K/D means very little and weather or not your doing a good job greatly depends on your class. If a Medic player has a .2 KDR its still likely hes still doing his job just fine however if a sniper is only pulling a 1 K/D hes probably doing something wrong same with someone who uses alot of max units.
  15. DrPapaPenguin

Really just depends on what kind of crowd you';re in with. If they are newbies, of course you'll have a much easier time.
  16. Turekson

Performance and session K/D can vary wildly from day to day as with everything else that we do. One way to try to keep your performance even is to warm up a little before entering larger fights and quit before you you go into tunnel-vision mode, as someone here already mentioned. This is of course hard as you always want to try harder and turn the tide when you get killed often, and usually end up killed even more often.

Probably the easiest way to keep up your performance is to make sure your blood sugar is not too low. This is something that applies to life in general too. We make stupid mistakes when we are hungry.