This game is more horrible every time I try it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReptilePete, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ReptilePete

As much as I want to like it, I cant bear to play it for more than 10 minutes. Its truly awful. Dying in split seconds from things that are so far away that you cant see, them, have no time to tell where they are coming from. Its a mess of zero skill, just pure spam. The one basic thing that they needed to get right in this game to make it feel immersive was the feedback from the environment to the player. Its totally lacking, whether you are in a tank or on foot, I do not feel in any way connected to the in game experience. One second you start taking damage, next second you are dead.
    Its a carnage lottery of the worst kind, and a terrible unplayable frustratingly unsatisfying mess that should never have been made.
    • Up x 1
  2. SpartanPsycho

3. Ronin Oni

eh... don't really agree...

ALthough, I think it has a lot to do with experience of where to go and where NOT to go.

Sounds like you regularly join in, spawn in a camped area, and get shoved into the meat grinder. (Game isn't very good at auto-choosing where to send people really)

If you do give the game another try, join an open platoon ran by an outfit. GO where they go. You'll have a better time, and you'll finally get the immersion.
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Wrel just got hired

That is all that matters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

This was my experience until I learned more about situational awareness, where to spawn and when not to join a losing fight or one in a bad tactical situation. I still make those mistakes sometimes but mostly I have a much more fun time now. There are obvious things to avoid, like when your faction is attacking a base but is significantly outnumbered - this usually predicts a poor experience. So does the map showing your faction is stalemated on its only line of attack and those little red vehicles are creeping around your flank. Large numbers of enemy vehicles parked some way away from your advancing forces are a good reminder to pack my flak armour or just not bother (I'm pure infantry by the way). Final example - I try to avoid spawning at the point that is closest to the FEBA as it will often be under fire and the C4 faeries are probably homing in already. These are simplistic examples and some will say they are evidence that I'm a selfish player but they don't give the full picture. TL:DR pick your fights knowledgeably, you'll have more fun
    • Up x 1
  6. Devilllike

Then you should quit lol i used to play with less than 20 fps or even 30 if i am lucky and i can still do better than what you described lol it takes expirience and skill to coordinate and be aware of your surroundings other wise just dont play the game doesnt fit you
  7. Gustavo M

bend_over_girl_munching_pen0r.jpg
  8. Jubikus

New player experience is bad.
    • Up x 2
  9. HondaDude

Welcome to BugSide2 where things don't get fixed, just added, Koreans have a tremendous advantage due to Lagside 2 Hit Detection and .4 k/d players get 5 head shots on you in a row and where infantry fighting classes get nerfed into the ground encouraging vehicle spamming.
    • Up x 2
  10. AxiomInsanity87

You describing something you could only dream of there?
  11. Gustavo M

Implying something that never happened will not remove what you said on your previous post, y'know.
    • Up x 1
  12. DonkeyX

Just a thought, but when 17 tanks are firing at the entrance to the spawn room, don't run out of the spawn room. If your base is completely over-run then find a different base to spawn at.
    • Up x 1
  13. OldMaster80

This is not the game, this is lack of combat awareness. That's the reason why PS2 has such a steep learning curve: you have to learn how enemies move, bases layout, how to make a good use of your weapons and tools. There are some "Do" and some "Do Not". For instance running in open ground without cover when enemy tanks are inbound, or running into a room without checking for landmines are a "Do Not".
    During that learning phase being a lone wolf or joining a random team does not help. This is not a conventional shooter, you need a crew until your get how to stand on your own two feet.
    By the way more famous FPS games have an even lower time to kill than Planetside 2.

Or maybe massive fights are not made for you. I understand for some users it might be difficult handle a situation where many players are involved and danger potentially comes from everywhere. Some just find arenas 8vs8 or so more enjoyable, they can keep things more under control.

The only (big) problem I see here is the game still fails and teaching new players how to move.
    • Up x 1
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Lol well played.
  15. Crator

I'd say that you need to group up with other's that know what they are doing and follow them. I play mostly solo but I've been playing since launch (and played PS1 since launch too). You need to know where to go to be effective and not get your self in situations that you have no power to control.
  16. TheFlamingLemon

I haven't been playing much recently either. Whenever I log on I seem to die to fleets of bugs and nonsense left and right. The other day I logged on, spawned, got murdered while loading, spawned again in a different place (not a sunderer), got murdered while loading again, and then logged off. Several days before I encountered bugs such as a max not getting damaged after I directly C4'd him (video, and don't judge me for my embarrassing death) and some other issues like a medkit not registering after I use it, getting killed by a heavy assault who hadn't rendered, and certainly some other things I don't remember off the top of my head
  17. Inu

This describes the very problem with a lot of the game. The steep learning curve will ALWAYS be too steep as long as the game is focused around 3 teams, fighting with completely unfocused, random objectives. 3 teams fighting at once just screams for unbalanced fights.

This is why when games like Overwatch come out, Planetside may no longer have a leg to stand on.

Planetside is trying to appeal to a crowd of people ( humans with an ACTUAL attention span ) that virtually no longer exists in modern times.

Planetside is a game that needs to have queued matches with 128 vs 128 player games. NOT 128 vs 128 vs 128..
  18. DooDooBreff

make games over the top cartoony, and very easy,or kids like the op will cry.

op, if ps2 is too much for ya, go back to your 3 minutes in a box.
    • Up x 3
  19. Taemien

I'll wager you won't post a vid showing us what you're doing to garner such a bad experience.
    • Up x 1
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Dafuq?

Comparing some walt Disney tf2 ish game to this?
    • Up x 1