[Guide] [VIdeo] "Newborn" - LA Gameplay with Commentary on a new character

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Malaka

Hey, thanks again. Read your guides and some of the linked stuff aswell.
    You really put alot of work in those guides as you do in your answers. Highly appreciated.

Now I've got a better theoretical understanding. Let's see how long it'll take me to implant some of those techniques into my playstyle.
    Looking forward to next newborn episode.
  2. Iridar51

You're welcome :) I'm actually hugely grateful to you as well, for asking the question. I always need somebody to contest or to ask for me to be able to put my experience into words.

Now that I had explained to you the decision process, I gained a better understanding myself - I didn't have much reason to think hard about it before.

And now I'm gonna lay all of it out, so check hip fire vs. ads section of the guide in a few days, I'm sure I'll polish it by then.

As far as the next episode - I'll try to keep up the pace of at least one episode per week. Though I'm gonna be stuck with a trash keyboard for next few days, maybe I'll make a new episode for lack of a better activity =\
  3. Iridar51

Oh, and as far as "implanting" is concerned: it is a step by step, time consuming process. First you figure out how stuff should work. Then you notice in your play: "What I just did - was a mistake. Next time I should do X in same situation". And later you will be able to pre-emtpively predict: "ok, situation will be Y in a couple of seconds, so I should do Z". And even later you will be doing it without even thinking.

So it's not like you're supposed to filter the whole article through your brain each time you see an enemy.
  4. Iridar51

Fourth episode is up!
    • Up x 1
  5. Corezer

Private...
  6. Iridar51

My bad :(

Fixed.
  7. Corezer

Whenever I watch one of your vids, everything I read is in that accent. It's like you're a Russian Morgan Freeman or something...
  8. Iridar51

LOL Thanks, it cracks me up to have left such an impact on your world :D
  9. DarkStarII

Iridar, do you ever plan on continuing this series or was the fourth episode the last?
  10. Iridar51

I have footage already recorded for one more episode, but I'm kinda lazy about the whole thing. Covering every little thing takes a lot of effort, and I don't think an extra episode where I go completely ham and don't even die once will be helpful to anyone.

I'll probably eventually get around to doing that fifth episode, at the very least for the sake of cleaning out hard drive.

If I ever continue the series after that, I'll probably switch to something that takes less effort in the editor. Some sort of live commentary, or highlights of specific moments.
    • Up x 1
  11. MurgNC

I liked your videos, thank you for the tips!
  12. Iridar51

Glad to be of service :)
  13. ac30fspad35

Hey Iridar. Thanks for the tips and witty commentary. even though you have killed many of my NC friends (rip :( ) i'm glad to get some useful tips while watching your videos.

btw i see you use nanoweave over advanced shield capacitors. i use full certified advanced shield capacitors and it has saved me fro a couple sniper shots to the body but is it best to use nanoweave or shields?
  14. bmac417(TasteOfLead)

It depends on what fits you better. Pretty much NW has you lasting longer, and ASC gets you back into the battle quicker. I'd recommend the NW for offensive classes, and ASC for support/defense classes. Hopefully this helped, and good luck.
  15. Iridar51

I think ASC is a trap certification and directly inferior to nanoweave. As long as Nano exists, it's a must have, because out of all suit slots it's the only one that provides direct combat advantage.

In my opinion, higher effective HP > faster return to effective HP.

Especially for a Light Assault, who can easier than anyone find a safe haven to return to 100%, for however long it takes.

More here: http://planethead.info/equipment/suit-slot-guide#h3-1-asc-vs-nanoweave
  16. DarkStarII

I would say it more so depends on how you play. For, say, 90% of LA players, nanoweave would be the better choice. But for the rest of the outliers their may be other options that would work better for them.

(I could expand on this but I don't know how to word it) :(