The HA shield nerf is dumb

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ballto21

Seriously guys what the **** is wrong with you. Now heavies cant survive a pump action headshot in close quarters if they popped their shield first.

there is no reason that if i was AWARE of the guy with a close quarters specialized weapon that he should kill me while i had my medium range weapon out

i mean god, now how will a heavy assault ever be durable enough to kill a max suit? everyone knows literally the only way to kill a max as a heavy is to turn on the shield, ran into the hall, and rocket them to death and god knows no other class can kill maxes effectively. DBG confirmed wanting to buff max spam

Also you die to one bolt action headshot now? JEsus these skillless ghost rubes are going to be EVERYWHERE

i mean **** something that needs good aim will OHK me? ********. uninstalled
    • Up x 8
  2. Savadrin

I'll give you 6/10 because rust. Glad to see you're running TR.
  3. FateJH

Corner peeking?
    Welcome to the club.
    • Up x 3
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

step away, there Engineer with Archer, that cant accidentally TK
    • Up x 1
  5. Nalothisal

Meh, I only use Resist nowa days anyway. NMG and Adrenalin just doesn't do it for me.
  6. Hegeteus

Don't worry, I heard that HA is getting it's brains and head removed so you won't die to anything as noobish as headshot :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Azawarau

"The only way to kill a max as a heavy"

Anti vehicle grenades

Peek a boo tactics

C 4 (I do this as an engineer very successfully so dont give me anything about this)

Shooting from a distance

Teamwork? Cause 450 nanites vs 0 nanites 50/50 1 on 1 is fair
  8. Hegeteus

Relax, it's doubtful that the quoted line was any less sarcastic than the others ;)
  9. Azawarau

Im just saying
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Agreed.

6/10 balto is rusty lol.
    • Up x 2
  11. Imperial Sect

The change is fine.
  12. Ronin Oni

... You should know Balto threads better than to take them seriously by now.
    • Up x 3
  13. Scr1nRusher

Resist isn't getting "nerfed", so nothing will change since most HA's run Resist shield anyways.

NMG & Adrenaline shield are phased out for the most part, these changes to them(unless they are improved) are going to make NMG & Adrenaline shield extinct.
  14. TomGranger

I was not sure if you where being sarcastic until you got to that part. Very well done 8/10 ;)
  15. AxiomInsanity87

1/10 lacked content and was completed far too quickly.
  16. Savadrin

0/10 for dual ratings.
  17. Demigan

I thought that already was the standard for any Heavy?
  18. Savadrin

Wait...they issue brains and heads?
  19. CNR4806

Resist is getting a tone-down from 45% resist to 40% resist if I recall correctly.

So technically speaking, it is getting nerfed, just not as heavy-handed as the other two overshields.
  20. IberianHusky

I'm actually fine with the nerf. As much as I love HA, it needed to be done. I'm a Resist/ASC man anyway.