[Suggestion] Inter-Continental Lattice.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Been suggested before, but I'm telling you what needs to be done inorder to implement it.

1) Fix the Continents map flow problems.

This mean re-designing bio-labs & removing A point out of all Tower bases.

Also improving base designs & such.

Starting with Indar, then moving to Esamir,Amerish & Hossin.

2) Finish Hossin

Hossin still has construction site bases that need to be replaced with real bases, and Hossin has 3 bases that look like construction site bases that need to be made into unique looking bases.

3) Improve the Warpgate design so it can be captured/seiged/battled over.

The current WG design.......is not attackable at all & fails at looking like a big main base.

The Koltyr Warpgate Design should replace the current WG design.

Also the WG shields should be ES colored.

4) Implement Sanctuaries

This is massively important since it allows the "safe space" for each empire to no longer be the Warpgate.

5) Finish the 3 Battle Islands

The 3 battle islands were/are:

Nexus(The Snowy BI)

Desolation(The City/Urban BI)

Ascension(The Floating BI)

Battle Islands make the ICL work as "mid-way" points between continents/WG's

6) Implement Siegable/Capturable Warpgates & Vehicle Zoning

This(Siegable/Capturable WG's) allows empires to be pushed off continents entirely & makes the ICL function. Allowing for greater strategy & epic fights that you can only see in Planetside 2. Fighting over Warpgates to push empires off continents is alot more rewarding compared to other ways to lock continents.

Vehicle Zoning allows you to transport vehicles/aircraft to other continents by driving through the center of the WG.

Capturing a Enemy Empire's WG should also allow you to spawn there ES Vehicles/Aircraft from there former Warpgate.

7) ICL

This is BRINGING EVERYTHING TOGETHER.

With the ICL done, Planetside 2 should do some promotion.
    • Up x 7
  2. Azawarau

I dont think everything here is necessary but most people will agree to connecting continents
  3. Scr1nRusher

1) Fix base issues & Finish current continents

2) Update/improve Warpgate Design

3) Add sanctuaries

4) Finish the 3 planned BI's.

5) Implement capturable Warpgates & Vehicle zoning

6) ICL.
  4. bLind db

No more lattice. Even though inter-continental will probably be nice, they'll inevitably **** it up like they did on the actual continents, and god knows how much I love being forced into one of three 96v96 fights that are complete ******* garbage in literally every aspect.
    • Up x 1
  5. AxiomInsanity87

This isn't North Korea.

Variety is good.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Lattice is a good thing.

The problem is that Bio-labs & 3 point tower bases where A is inside the Tower completely stall it out.
  7. Azawarau

Im not going into how this is hypocritical considering who OP is and instead will point out a few things

I like OPs general idea but not each and every mini idea that isnt necessary for the main plot

North Korea has nothing to do with this

Nothing i said has anything to do with not wanting variety and your comment is pretty much up in the air as far as being relevant
  8. AxiomInsanity87

As much as i love farming in biolabs, they are usually pure crap and 1 side is always getting farmed.

Even if the faction i am on is getting farmed (I am easily playing TR 95% of my time though), i can still avoid getting farmed and killwhore a bit but it just isn't that pleasant an experience knowing what i am doing to other players and what is being done to the teammates around me while i selfishly use everyone as a meat shield lol.

It is just proper brutal.

I don't like tech plants much either but they're nowhere near as bad.

Amp stations seem to require an outpopping zerg to win as well.

It seems that quite a lot of bases require outnumbering the defenders to win and vice versa.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Yes very cool story mate.
  10. Sebastien

Bio-Labs crush pushes better than any other base type. Although, it's good when Factions push around the Bio-Lab rather than try to go through.
  11. Azawarau

I dont want to see battles become too short based on population as well

There has to be a careful balance of the two

Perhaps reduce the time it takes to cap a tower when you only have two points or move point A to the first floor or a basement floor

If moved outside then there should be adjustments made to prevent people from simply being locked in the tower so it doesnt become a camping frenzy where you have to sit and watch the base get capped or move on to the next base

Consider long battles and defenders as well
  12. Scr1nRusher

The tower is where the Spawn Room is.

The Capture point shouldn't be inside it & A FEW FEET FROM IT. A SCU makes sense.

Also Towers where the point is inside are places of farming, Defenders farming attackers trying to get to A, and Attackers farming the defenders coming out of the tower because they are trying ti suppress the defenders so the attackers can get to A.
  13. Azawarau

At some point there has to be suppression between a line that both sides are trying to push

Eliminating that just makes battles fall toattackers dominating or defenders dominating with maybe longer battles in between bases

The problem with towers that have point A outide is the exact problem you just said. Itll come down to "Defenders farming attackers trying to get to A, and Attackers farming the defenders coming out of the tower because they are trying ti suppress the defenders"

There has to be more done than just moving point A out of the tower

As we speak im helping hold Regent rock garrison where for the last 3 bases weve been vehicle camped by the TR

Im trying to take them out with the OP ravens but they can just hide for a moment to heal and then go back to camping

Were at a pop disadvantage but that isnt whats keeping us down as much as the tank spam and no viable way to leave the tower alive
  14. TomGranger

I would be interested in seeing how the purposed conquest lattice would flow. It might give the best of both by directing fights while still having options for individuals looking for smaller fights.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Are you really trying to ration & defend PLACING A CAPTURE POINT IN A GRENADES THROW OF A SPAWN ROOM?????

A point needs to be removed out of all Towers, and yes some of those 3 point tower bases need some re-designs along with that A point movement.

Have you checked out Indar 's first wave of changes on the PTS?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Getting back on topic, these changes are required to make a ICL function as best as possible.
  16. Azawarau

Pay attention

Im saying if you change it you need to make it so players wont just be camped inside the tower

I gave 2 different ways this might be possible. Seriously pay attention

Just moving it out of the tower will create a new problem

Its better to move the point then give players a new way to exit the tower so they can push out from more places
  17. Scr1nRusher

Not really depending on the base design, which could be improved.
  18. Azawarau

Redesign the bases with tower camp in mind and there is no issue

Also try not to shorten battles too heavily
  19. Scr1nRusher

Can we get back on topic?
  20. Azawarau

I am on topic

Youre derailing with this useless post

Now bother to answer or at least pretend you understand what im telling you for my sake