Skynight Bushido Nonsense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Dec 30, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

I'm not a great, or even good, pilot. I have about two days in my Reaver, though. I fly around and get [A LOCK] all the time. I'm also trying to get some Reaver directives done.

I'm flying around on Esamir today and get teamkilled out of nowhere by a fellow Reaver. He PM's me and tells me that because I use air-locks occaisonally, that I am the enemy.

Daybreak, either take air-locks out of the game or harshly punish idiots who TK over out-of-game honor codes. It is absurd. I just ignored him and reported him, but I can't imagine I'm not going to get TK'd repeatedly by him and/or his aptly named skynight oufit.

If C4 fairies are honorable and lockons aren't, I have no idea what's going on any more.
    • Up x 12
  2. SoljVS

+1 to whoever did that.

I will myself if I see a team mate using tomcats shoot them down or switch factions and consistently TK a tomcat user until they get the point. Even though its in the game NO ONE actually wants it and ps2 refuses to listen to its player base so we have to police this issue on our own by any means necessary.

A person learning to fly will ditch the idea of using tomcats if they know they are more than likely going to be TKd for doing so..

Honestly if more people in the community signed on to this cause we could probably just about end the use of tomcats all together. Should probably create a thread having pilots sign up and uphold the honor of TKing any tomcat user they see.
    • Up x 2
  3. JohnGalt36

Well I'm glad you play on Emerald. Intentional TK'ing is ridiculous.

Edit: Oh, I see you are also on Connery. Glad you're a red.
    • Up x 6
  4. Abraham with Cheese

If it weren't for the fact that my laptop cannot handle me flying, I'd use tomcats, or any other air to air lock-ons.

This is war.

In war, you use every advantage you can.

I'm tired of seeing all my fellows get moved down by Light PPA, Airhammer, Banshee and LOLpod/missile wielders. So what if I were to pull air to counter ground-focused air (if I could)? There's nothing in the rules of the game against it, and if I were to be drenched in the salty tears of a few HONORABRU sky knights, then so be it.
    • Up x 12
  5. Inex

He's just salty because Don Alfrago's better at the air meta.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goretzu

You should quite simply be banned if you do that to be honest - that type of unreasoning "moral" self-rightousness (and as with all moral self-righteousness has nothing actually moral about it in reality) is behind 99.9% of human conflict and pretty much shows how spot on the OP is with his title (and why humanity will always be full of *********s and conflict).
    • Up x 22
  7. Thostbog

Always loving the idiots who think they should have a say on how people play a game on their free time. :)
    • Up x 16
  8. Taemien

ORLY?

Then I suggest you watch your back from now on when you login, because you done screwed up. I'll be sure to pass your names around to those I know on Connery. Filth like you don't deserve to play the game.

Feel free to report this as a threat. Won't matter. Doubt a mod can help you anyway.
    • Up x 17
  9. Jubikus

This is why i hate air i get farmed by it im bad at it and if i make a loadout specifically to go A2A because im tired of getting farmed i get TKed or raged at for breaking some weird air honor code. But then again in this game everyone hates anything that ruins their farm referring to thees counters as Op or cheap.
    • Up x 8
  10. Goretzu

This is essentially the problem with Air (especially ESF Air).

The system SOE designed is massively newbie unfriendly, PS2 Air might be the most awkward implimentation to have ever existed in a game, there is no real or particular "skill" to getting used to it, just putting enough time in to re-train your muscle memory to the strange flight model and control decisions (and discovering you need to remap a few keys).

Yet the easiest weapon load-out that allows the most chance of competing to newbies (who in reality will still be easy meat to anyone experienced) is viewed by self-appointed elitists (who if they actually understood the system would realise that "elite" is the last discription anyone would ever use for rising to the top of the PS2 Air system) as a "teamkillable offence". :rolleyes:

If anyone in game design wants a 101 course on how NOT to design a PvP system, it is PS2 Air.

PvP should always be accessible to the newbie AND allow progression, not have a silly awkwardness wall that allows people that have broken through it a false sense of self-entitlement that lets them think team-killing is ok, and further discourages new players from even trying to play.

This simply doesn't exist in all other aspects of the game, put an experienced game-tanker in a PS2 tank for the first time and they'll be decent in no time, put an experienced game-pilot into a PS2 ESF and they'll probably crash! :D (even experienced PS1 pilots find PS2 Air iffy initally).
    • Up x 7
  11. Taemien

Hold on a moment. The system didn't cause pedo's like SoljVS to TK people for using Tomcats. His asinine little twerked up mind did. I agree that the flight system is wonky as hell. But lets not use that as an excuse to even give sh-ts like him anything that could be construed as a pass.
    • Up x 5
  12. CNR4806

The last stage of the newbie directive which gives the helmet requires kills in ESFs.

What do these morons expect? A BR 1 RM backflipping to their backs and kill them with a hailstorm of 100%-accurate nosegun fire?
    • Up x 2
  13. Pfundi

I really tried to report you, but the servers wont let me :(
    • Up x 7
  14. Moridin6

i too will be passing your name around and ruining your day any chance i get.
    plus, i might just buy A2A lockon with some CASH just to make you salty
    ***** scum
    • Up x 9
  15. FieldMarshall

Really glad you admitted that so openly. Hopefully the ban will be quick.
    I would honestly rather have hackers in the game than pathetic TKing scrubs telling people how to play.

And good job listing all your characters in your sig, genius.
    Have fun, while you can.
    • Up x 8
  16. Liewec123

whos up for making alts on emerald to skywhale these skyknight TKing douchebags? :D
    • Up x 3
  17. CorporationUSA

Never seen someone get TK'd over air locks, but I'm sure it happens. I've messaged enemy "bushidos" and asked them to let me kill someone on their team who is using lock-ons though, and they usually oblige.
  18. Moridin6

ill be there in my scy with my Fresh lockons
    • Up x 2
  19. MikeyGeeMan

Your an ****** and a reason people stop playing. Would love for you to tk me for using lock-ons.

Cause I use them all the time. Come find me and tk me.
    • Up x 3
  20. Jamuro

It's sad to see that happen ... especially to a new pilot.
    Getting TKed is no fun ... i should know, i mainly play NC^^

That said ... while lockons can help you out at first they will very fast start to hinder your progress as pilot.
    So if you realy want to give the airgame a try ... stop using em as soon as crashing into stuff is no longer your main issue.

Lockons (exception beeing coyotes ... but they are worthless now that most people run stealth) will not teach you to lead and you will always loose the advantage of having the jump on someone thanks to the lock on warning.

And imo the people who A2A lockons the most usually are old pilots who had to go trough the same struggles as you (worse, since there were A LOT more experienced people in the air) without them.

Just one thing tough ... i know it's bushido nonsense BUT there is nothing more frustrating to pilots then getting shot down during a hover fight from a 3rd party lock on.
    So if you want to avoid rage at all costs, try to at least not get the last hit with them as 3rd party.
    • Up x 1