Flash grenade is getting a buff

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by 111soeknight, Dec 24, 2015.

1. 111soeknight

Do you think it will be worth using now?
  2. Iridar51

Maybe. Will get a buff. Next year. That can still be literally months away. So don't get your hopes up just yet.

But yes, if it will get a fuse timer buff, it will be worth using. Not because it will become sooo much better, but mostly because standard Frags are often just as useless.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

They should have gone for the 'explode on contact' route. 1,5 seconds is better, but it's still a far cry in comparison to other grenade types.
  4. Iridar51

Can't bounce off corners without fuse timer :)

On paper, 1.5 second fuse sounds just 0.5 seconds too long, but in reality 1.5 seconds is probably just enough to prepare for a breach. You know, recover from grenade animation, land from flying (if), let CoF reset, get close to entry point, scratch nose, etc.

I think Flash nades are a teeny-tiny bit underrated. When effective hit is achieved, it's a full blind with HUD wipe. Absolutely impossible to fight back. I've killed enemies while being EMPed, but when I actually was blinded by a flash, often it was a death sentence.
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I really think that throwing it in the middle of the room and having much more control of where exactly it detonate is preferable to bouncing. I rarely bounce even normal grenades. I want to be able to throw it exactly next to that cover or detonate it right in the middle of that room.
  6. Iridar51

It's not like grenades behave unpredictable when you bounce them. There's a logic and physics to their flight. You can bounce it and still get it where you want it, though sure it's not as easy as just point and click.

As an example:

I was throwing by the minimap, trying to destroy enemy motion spotter.

Almost missed, but did manage to hit the side of the left container, so the frag would bounce behind the right container.

Or here:

My goal was to get the frag to explode near the "doorway", and it happenned.

My point is - even with bouncing you can get your grenade to explode a lot of the time. And with a short fuse, you will have an option to do that without having to have direct line of sight.
  7. Armcross

Wow my wish getting true, although I only ask for one second reduction. I fear shortening the fuse too much would reduce the trowing range of the grenade. Isn't explode on impact means the thrower would get blinded too and/or the effect time on the enemy also reduce.
  8. Crayv

EMPs work well with explode on contact as their blast goes through walls. As far as I'm aware Flash grenades do not go through walls so being able to bounce them into a room is desirable.
  9. Corezer

because of the way flash works now I would say contact is better. because partial hits don't do anything to the opponent's ability to shoot you I cant trust hit indicators which means I cant trust a bounced grenade.
    • Up x 1