[Suggestion] Short Range Dash

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wind_Walker, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

Basically as shown by the mechs here:

Also pay attention from 2:02 to 2:58, which talks about it

Since LA is all about mobility, it makes sense. It could cost something like 5-10-15% of jetpack fuel to do, too. If it can be done in mid-air, even better.
  2. Iridar51

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Akashar

Really? I've never seen any post related to this kind of mechanic did you? Just curious here...
    Was there a hype at one point or something?

About the thread, I've been thinking after playing battlefront that we need something like their jetpacks, that can hurl you on about 20 to 30 meters, eating through all of your fuel, and helping you jump above a few things.
  4. Iridar51

Short dash jet pack is probably the most wide spread idea, sharing first place with wall sticking and wall climbing.

While there's technically nothing wrong with idea itself, if implemented in the game as it is now, it would cause netcode problems and lead to shotgun abuse.
  5. Akashar

Yeah I had forgotten about that. Too bad, it would complete the jetpack arsenal IMO, we have the average one which helps you go in every direction, the one that makes you go far, the one that make you go high, we just need one that makes you go fast!
  6. Wind_Walker

Really? I haven't seen anything on it either, though I'm glad its not new to people.

What about sprint delay? maybe like ~0.5 sec delay before you can pull the trigger? idk if that would cause more problems though. That would take care of the potential shotgun spam. As for netcode..... I can't argue with you there.
  7. Demigan

There already is a sprint delay after normal sprinting. Adding one to a MAX-charge ability (which already has one as well) would definitely stop this problem.

In fact, it would pull shotguns more out of the niche area. With a nice cooldown, fire delay and/or a limited range you can sprint you can easily prevent it being an instant-shotgun fest weapon while still giving a good advantage to shotgun users, or any other weapon user as well.