too many br 100s!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nifa92k, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Nifa92k

current model:

Koltyr-1 to 15
    the 4 continents-1 to 100

my suggestion:

Koltyr expanded-1 to 19
    the 4 continents- 20 to 59
    Battle Islands- 60 to 100
    1 continent for all of the players so outfit and friends can play together

I'm tired of getting killed over and over and over at EVERY base by high level players. Dont come at me with the typical "u just suck" cuz its not even that. High level players know every tactic, have the best gear, and are extremely skilled. And there are A LOT. Im not making this up, half the people that I fought this week were over br 60.

im sure u vets wont mind getting kicked off the continents uve been playing on for three years and getting moved somewhere else. Let people play with people their own skill level Daybreak! It should be obvious why a brand new player uninstalls the game after getting farmed by a bunch of br 100s. Koltyr is like five maps. no one wants to stay there. Im probably past br 100, playing since 2012, going through about 6 accounts, almost br 50 on one. (br 46 on tr started late 2014) the game isnt fun when Im doing a super easy farm against a br10 who has no idea what hes doing. Its not fun for me when i get killed over an over by the same br 100 by whatever means or tactic i try to take. I dont like getting tked by br 3s who think theyre the ****. please move low and high level player so they can play amongst themselves.
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

As a BR86, I most certainly would mind being kicked off the four continents.
    • Up x 16
  3. PasitheeVS

Increase the BR Cap.

Problem solved.
    • Up x 2
  4. Nifa92k

So ur saying that if battle islands came out only for 60-100 u'd refuse and continue playing on the sane four maps youve played on for years if not months?
  5. Respawn

I disagree, getting my anus pounded as a newbie was motivation to get better, not uninstall like a little *****. If you find yourself being constantly killed by the same dude, BR 100 or not, thats partially your fault.
    You say those pesky vets know all your tactics? Well that's when you start inventing new ones ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. OwlMatt

What you're suggesting is essentially punishing people for having high level characters. It would discourage long-term players from sticking around, take away a lot of the incentive to gain BRs, and complicate outfit play. Your "1 continent for all of the players" wouldn't, in practice, be for all players, because the disproportionately high population of super-high BR characters would make it a very rough place for newbies and casual players. This is an all-around bad idea.

Yes, it sucks to keep getting owned by more experienced, better-equipped players, but (a) that's just a reality of multiplayer gaming, and (b) this is why we have squads and outfits: to help each other through this.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pelojian

If you want specific zones for specific level ranges go play a PVE Focused game.

restricting most of the maps and saddling br100 with the never to be released battle islands as the only option is a bad idea and you should feel bad.

PS2 doesn't exist to hand hold players who get stomped by high BRs, play lnog enough and you will stomp low BRs with your toons.
    • Up x 2
  8. Campagne

Yes, absolutely.
  9. Nifa92k

does anyone even know what battle islands would bring to this game?
  10. Nifa92k

plus no ones punishing anyone. The whole point is to create balance between noobs, midskills, and high brs. Noobs play noobs, midskill play midskill, and high brs play high brs. Everyone plays with their skill level.

Answering my question above, (if done correctly) new environments, new maps, new base design, basically new gameplay. Battle uslands would be the best thing ever, and I would trade these 4 continents in a heartbeat to play on battleislands.If you think its punishing people, that like saying "im being punished cuz i cant go on koltyr as a br 16"

Anyways this is all my opinion so to put it nicely ur opinions kinda dont matter on the situation. I swear im not tryna be be satlty. This was a rhetorical post to open ppls minds. You dont have to answer, just think about the situation.
  11. Dirge

Battle islands are a great idea. BR locking ANYTHING AT ALL, is not.
  12. Nifa92k

cough cough Koltyr
  13. Pelojian

go join a game with a matchmaking system if you only want to play with people roughly equal to your own skill.

you do not improve if you can't learn anything new from better opponents, if you are matched with the worst skilled players in the game you won't get better unless you observe better players ether direct in game fighting them or watching videos.
  14. Taemien

Everquest just released a THIRD progression server a few days ago. It has queues during primetime (just like the previous two did). That means 5000 players are playing.

That's what PS2 needs. A new server, sub only, everyone starts at BR 1, no unlocks carry over, and everything is purchased with certs only (cosmetics still available, as well as already purchased cosmetics). If a 16 year old game can pile them in when a special start over reset, so can PS2.

Seasonal server with similar restrictions wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Combine with a change that allows us to trade Kronos for Certs and/or implants and Daybreak will rake in money over fist and have one happy community. Well happier.
  15. Nifa92k

i feel like this post went over your head XD
  16. customer548

When reaching BR20-30, you are supposed to be have a fully certed single class (even if you play for free).
    You are supposed to have the right tool in order to be able to face and defeat a BR100 opponent.
    BR doesn't mean a lot in this game. BR100 will only have more choices in terms of classes and vehicules.

PS2 has a learning curve.
    So, if you keep on being being killed over and over and over by BR100...I'd suggest you to improve your gameplay and your goals instead of asking for a kind of digital segregation based on a BR criterion.

Noobs leaving ? Blame Koltyr which seems to be an incredible mess. Blame HA class balance (noobs may leave if they don't understand why they were defeated in such easy ways). Blame noobs' lack of curiosity (Wrel's tutorials explain a lot about the game). Blame the fact that this game requires at least a 3-4 years old "gamer" computer with a decent framerate.
    • Up x 3
  17. Nifa92k

getting knifed by the same br 100 trying to get his knife directive doesnt teach me anything. getting my tank c-4ed by a br 2 does not teach me anything. Dying from spawn camp does not teach me anything. Dying from roadkill does not teach me anything. dying from grenade troll does not teach me anything.

to learn, problem needs to be explicit.

Ex: new player engages in a 1v1 with a br 70. Br 70 strafes and crouches while br 4 stands still. br 4 learns the technique immendiately, tries it but sucks at it. br 4 goes to practice the technique in vr training for 5 minutes. vbr 4 goes back and starts earning kills with said technique.

THAT is how you learn. I can go on and on about how hellfire rockets, raven maxes, and getting sniped does not allow me to learn. When you make a mistake, you make a mistake. When the mistake is based off of something the other player knows and you dont, that goes far beyond skills.
  18. Pelojian

you want to restrict zones based on BR, BR is based on XP gained and part of that time spent to get to BR100 is experiance and learning how others play effectively.

If BR60-100 charater can only play teamed with and against other BR60-100s it's no different then a matchmaking system only matching players that are BR60-100 with others regardless of which map is actually used. the same for players below BR60 but higher then BR19.

PS2 is a very unforgiving game, anyone who is high BR has been a newbie and has been stomped by high BR players and learned to suck it up and earn certs towards upgrades.

low BR's need guidance by more experienced players and to play against higher BR players to learn from them. better to be able to learn things by seeing them done by players of all skill levels then segmenting the playerbase and spreading the population down more into leagues of skill where some tactics and tricks are not present in the lower leagues.

Briggs would not be very good if they spread the population just to make some low BR's gameplay easier just because they are new and don't have many upgrades.

you won't learn from every engagement, getting killed because you don't have darklight or X, Y Z gear has happened to all of us at some point. if you are getting killed by a stalker shout out for help/tips or try to stick with a group that does have the gear.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nifa92k

honestly though it should b obvious that this is an ignorant and poorly thought out rant commng from a wifi fart and a couple of high br directive trolls. Stop wasting your breath ppl XD
  20. Nifa92k

But u @ssholes have given me confidence to suck it up and stop those trolls from getting that auraxium knife XD XD XD thanks