What is nanoweave good for now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Dec 4, 2015.

1. stalkish

There is no definative answer.
    The answer is whatever is most suited for the current battlefield situation.

Adapt. Survive.

I also noticed a complete lack of adren stint users, guess im the only one....
  2. Gundem

Only problem is that you can still use NW with NMG, meaning you get an effective combined HP pool of approx. 1950hp. Back when NW could be used with Resist it was significantly stronger, but not so anymore.

Personally, I think Resist should still stack with NW, just not as drastically. Max NW maybe providing a further 10% with resist shield active? It would still require you to use it preemptively, making it still bad when ambushed or "outplayed".
  3. DarkStarII

What if each level of nanoweave increased the minimum amount of damage blocked. I believe resist shield blocks 40-45% so max nanoweave would make it always have 45% resistance.
    There are 5 levels of nanoweave right?
  4. MurgNC

Wait, so what DOES nanoweave stack with now???

Currently my Heavy Assault is using Adrenaline Shield + Shield Capacitor. While I like the adrenaline shield a lot I think certing up the shield capacitor may have been a mistake. My heavy wins most 1 vs 1 duels EXCEPT with other heavies, who seem to be able to outlast me by just a smidgeon of health. If nanoweave stacks with NMG that might explain it. Maybe I should switch to NMG plus nanoweave then?

Or even better yet, does nanoweave stack with adrenaline shield?
  5. Mxiter

adren works like NMG: the overshield is drained, then the personal shield, then the health pool (where NW matters).

The NW don't works when overshield is active => resist shield only.
  6. Imp C Bravo

If you are running heavy -- from what I understand -- it depends on which HA shield you run.

If you run resist shield then NW works in conjunction (I am told) and stacks.

If you run reg shield or NW doesn't stack and you are better off with advanced shield capacitor to get your normal shield back up asap.

If you run Adrenaline shield you can run either resist capacitor, or if you are good at killing people and refreshing the shield, run speed or flak armor.

Not sure which is true .
  7. Iridar51

As far as I know, Nanowave doesn't "stack" with anything. It sort of stacks with NMG / Adrenaline, but it doesn't affect the generated shield itself.

8. Zombo

i think you mixed up resist shield and adv. capacitor there
    nanoweave gives you 20% resist since they changed it, these 20% resist do not stack with the 45% the resist shield gives, last time i checked
    however, the nanoweave resistance does work with the overshield and the adrenaline shield afaik, not sure though
    the only thing i AM sure about is that resist shield and adv. capacitor are awesome for fire suppression and support fire, because you can get in and out of cover so much faster than a NMG heavy with nanoweave, plus if you have medkits you can camp a spot for days
    if running and gunning though, nanoweave + NMG/Adrenalin have more overall HP and can be switched on after getting hurt and still give their full bonus, so thats better for aggressive play
  9. Gundem

I think the variance is because of explosive damage. I think that RS only blocks 40% of explosive damage, and 45% of any other damage.
  10. Imp C Bravo

I was under the impression that NW affects damage to health. With the resist shield -- once you get down past native shielding and into your health bar -- the resist shield is still running -- and your NW takes affect. I don't see how adv. capacitor could affect anything as native shielding regen timer isn't active when you have ANY shield up (last I checked)

Conversely - NOTHING would stack with overshield as the overshield is absorbing all the damage and as such inherent resists would not affect anything. (and it pauses native shielding recharge timer I believe.)
  11. Iridar51

Nanoweave doesn't have anything to do with health specifically. It's a flat damage reduction, applied to both health and personal shields.
  12. Imp C Bravo

I was under the impression that NW only affected health -- but even so it would still only apply to resist shield and not overshield as only when you use resist shield do you actually take damage would it not?
  13. Dualice

I still run nanoweave on most of my loadouts, with the exception of grenade bandolier or ammo belt for infiltrator. My medic had ASC until the shield regen device came along :D

I feel it [nanoweave] does provide an important, if subtle addition to one's survivability in infantry combat.

It used to, but it got changed on a balance pass, might have been a year or so ago? Can't remember offhand.

I still run NAC with grenade bandolier + EMPs. Can be useful if an ambush goes wrong and you need to disappear and take a bit less damage in the process.
  14. Iridar51

I don't know where you get that impression. Tooltip says "resistance to small arms projectiles", nothing about health. Same for changelog.

Nanoweave doesn't work with Resist Shield. Highest resistance is used. Nanoweave will only work when Resist Shield is inactive.

As far as I know, Nanoweave Armor doesn't affect NMG or Adrenaline Shield in any way. They just absorb damage, but only after they are depleted / deactivated, Nanoweave kicks in.
  15. Imp C Bravo

Hmm.. we have some people saying NW stacks with some heavy shield and now you and some others saying it stacks with nothing.

We need to find all the proofs!
  16. Iridar51

Fine, I'll do some PTS testing in following days. Your outfitmates probably mean this when they say nanoweave stacks:
    Sort of "stacks" with nanoweave. While the ability itself is unaffected by nanoweave, it will still add a flat bonus to Heavy Assault's effective HP pool, boosted by nanoweave.
    For example:
    Heavy Assault, no nanoweave: 1000 Health and Shields + 700 Overshield = 1700 effective HP.
    Heavy Assault, full nanoweave: 1250 effective Health and Shields + 700 shield = 1950 effective HP.
    • Up x 2
  17. Moz

Ah this makes sense. I put the game down for a while and when i came back that setup seemed different.
  18. Zombo

The nanoweave adding a flat percentage was introduced because snipers weren't able to one-hit headshot targets anymore, and were pretty much useless, there was no reason NOT to take nanoweave because it was a flat health increse, and helped against any damage source

the nanoweave we have now doesN#t work for heacshots, and only works against infantry weapons, far better imo,
    because now we never need to worry and just take flak armor for everything ;)
  19. DarkStarII

Makes sense, although I think it should be the other way 'round.
  20. Imp C Bravo

Nah, my outfit mates don't talk about it. We have almost no HAs in Abyss. 80% engies. Just what I have read from many different discussions and sources on the forums here. BUT -- thank you for doing the testing. Very awesome of you as always -- I don't have a foregrip on my pulsar C carbine thanks to your testing and taking the time to figure all this stuff and it is very appreciated.