[Suggestion] Faction Diversity is Dying. It Must Be Saved.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Migs

and then you complain on the forums about the beamer being too OP
  2. Kronias

Where those the original Harassers? Those are literally 100x more awesome than what we got. Sigh.
  3. Dgross

Faction diversity never existed to begin with.
    This is PS2, not 1.
  4. Cookie5000

I dont even think the community moderator are doing they're job.
  5. Cookie5000

And yeah these are the original concepts before Trey left the team
  6. AxiomInsanity87

I can't see ns weapons being removed.

What could happen is that they are reskinned (along with weapons sound effects) to look and sound empire specific, but stay the same.

The same can be done with the vehicles. It's not perfect but it seems more realistic than removing all the ns stuff.
  7. Garmus

I can agree that factions diversity needs to be saved (and personally I think it needs to be even highlighted and extended), but not by removing something from the game. I think adding new very specific weapons/abilities for all factions and changing existing weapons/abilities to be more faction-specific is better way.

For example something like this:
    NC (kings of CQC, hard hitting but slow-reload low-magazine weapons) - add a flamethrower for NC MAX, as an AoE close range weapon able to damage multiple targets simultaneously (but with maximum range of only 6-7 meters though), rechargeable only at Infantry Terminal/deployed Sunderer, not by engi ammo pack
    TR (kings of big magazines, usually with higher rate of fire and accuracy) - give TR MAX something like gauss weapon with pinpoint accuracy, fast bullet velocity, big magazine and small but AP damage (let's say something like a Vulcan but with pinpoint accuracy and smaller damage) (TR needs long range anti-tank MAX weapon anyway) ... rechargeable with engi ammo pack like all weapons
    VS (kings of mobility, charge-up weapons) - VS already have Vortex, so do not add new weapon, but add a jetpack for 5-7 seconds flying with one or two uses for Vanu MAX, and make it rechargeable only at Infantry Terminal/deployed Sunderer, not by engi ammo pack

PS: this is only an attempt to add something constructive to this topic instead of only forum-crying about ingame problem, so feel free to comment/add/change/discuss/whatever ;) . Maybe together we will find a suitable solution.
  8. Foxirus

That or they just don't give a damn anymore. I try to sugar coat it and tell myself "Oh.. They're just really busy.. Thats all it is..."
  9. nukularZ

The constant nerfs and normalizing of everything between factions is ruining replay value. Those original harasser designs are much better too.
    • Up x 1
  10. Foxirus

I wonder if DBG has a policy that prevents them from viewing threads that are created after a certain date...
    • Up x 1
  11. Lukeirot

YA give the VS more mountain scaling vehicles that wont make things worse, the VS shouldn't get any more hover anything.
  12. LordAnnihilator

Bump of approval. But there's so much wrong with this game anyway, I don't think there will be change anytime soon.
  13. Littleman

Faction diversity died when they decided on the money grab approach of creating dozens of automatics that are all minor variations of each other, with some blatantly stepping over the line into another Empire's turf.

Just another one of those horrible decisions.
  14. Agarthan

>you'll never have a mag-lev harasser

[IMG]
  15. Foxirus

I am assuming its dead. They completely ignored my questions regarding faction diversity on the Q&A they did on reddit. S'all good though, They have until the end of this year to show me SOMETHING, even a response to this thread will work, Before I pull the membership. Do you see this RadarX? A single response from you on this thread at least noting it to the devs will save me from dropping the membership in two months.
  16. Nabil1998

Bump of approval.
  17. Foxirus

I think the developers for the most part have ignored this thread. It may be time to do a forced revival at Reddit. Maybe then it would have had a chance...
    • Up x 1
  18. shivanthing

SO

MUCH

WANT
  19. Foxirus

Its something I never understood. You can tell them what you want.. Show them what would be welcome.. What do they release? More NS **** that people stop using two days down the road. Its similar to the Anti Max Sniper, Only 4% of the entire user base pulls maxes at any given time to quote an old dev. So why the hell would you make a weapon specifically to kill a max when I only have to worry about killing them 10% of the time?

Empire Specific Harrassers? Thats free money. Custimazations, New weapons, Camos... Its so easy, Too easy... That must be why they ignore the cries for what we want in the game.
    • Up x 2
  20. xMaxdamage

that's pretty expensive dev/art/modelling money TBH, I think a good amount of the people involved in the big updates only works (and get paid) when DBG really needs them. that's why IMO they release so few content.