[BUG] ESF Thermal Vision Glitch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Foxirus

Bug/Glitch: Use Thermal Vision without having any vision selected as your primary.

Reproductive steps: Select a primary weapon, Do not give it a vision enhancement. Equip a secondary weapon and give it thermal vision. Once in the vehicle, Hold left click while on your primary weapon and swap to your secondary weapon, then back to your primary. If done correctly the thermal vision will remain on despite your primary weapon not having any sight attachment selected.

Weapons Used in first glitch were the 1-2 missiles (I forget the name) and the ESF Nose gun that has the insane clip (I also forget the name its 3 AM in the morning, Don't judge me).

I did not test this with any other vision enhancement. It could be possible to reproduce it using any weapons on the ESF platform.
  2. GhostAvatar

Can confirm this happens.
  3. Cynicismic

There's another one I've found. If you have an optical zoom on your primary, and thermal optics on your secondary, (provided you have a secondary ESF gun), if you zoom in with your primary, scroll to your secondary while keeping the scope on, then back to your primary again, (if this doesn't work, change weapons a few more times), all while keeping your finger on the right-click button and zooming in, eventually your primary weapon will have both the optical scope and the thermal optics too, meaning that you can have, for example, a 1.75x zoom with thermal vision as well. Follow the steps the OP mentions, only with a scope on your primary, and your primary weapon can have two optical enhancements rather than just one.
  4. FateJH

Is there a bug ticket for either of these issues? if not, aren't you going to make them?
  5. Cynicismic

How does one create a bug ticket? I apologize for my ineptitude, though have never really had any use for it up until now. I've technically been playing since 2013 and still have no idea how to issue one...
    :p
  6. Foxirus

Feel free to make one. I am sick of having to use third party websites to get the devs to take notice of anything. If they don't care to read it here, I am not going to waste my time to post it anywhere else. Last I recall, They aren't paying me to do any of this.. I'm paying them :\
  7. Tommyp2006

I could of swore they fixed this months ago, it's been around for a long time, unless it came back again.